Closed Guardian
Ansgard wasn't even aware of such connection or that he was using it.
He had been walking endlessly and his legs pained due to the strain of the work of hours. The pain was distracting so he didn't mind. He was scared he wouldn't see Ed or the children again, that he wouldn't even get to meet the unborn pups Ed was now carrying.
Ed fell asleep hard, still feeling the sound of Ansgard. He wanted the alpha to stop because it was affecting him badly. However, he didn't know how to make the alpha feel that the omega was on to something. Therefore on trembling legs he went down to the ground floor. His aunt may have been better informed than him
Agnes looked up from her knitting surprised to see her nephew come down so quickly "is there anything wrong? Do the pups need something?" she asked placing down her needles and yarn.
"My alpha takes separation badly, and it hurts me very much to mark the connection, auntie," he said, and then laid his head on her knee, being a little helpless at this
"isn't it helpful to know what he's feeling?"she asked as her elder hand stroked his hair gently letting he be again a boy that needed comfort of an old woman such as her.

"you want to take the mark off?" she asked for marks were for werewolves not humans "you seem very upset that he's upset."
"I don't know what to do... I don't want to hurt his feelings, I care, but I can't take the pain either," he explained, then sighed quietly. It was difficult. Marriage was difficult. Adult life has been difficult.

(I will be back for a few hours)
"having the burden of another's feelings its not easy son. I understand that, but... That's what marriage is about. You suddenly have to take this other person on consideration always and his problems or her problems, become yours too, such as his or her pains and happiness. "she said combing trough his soft locks.
Edward was calmed by Agnes' soothing voice and her touch. She always knew how to tame his emotions. " I can't sleep because of this... Is there any way I can calm him down telepathically? "
"you could assure him of what he's fearing... Do you have seen what is that is worrying him? You could then know how to calm him down. The connection is severed both ways, you can also express your feelings though it. I guess you could say it's like a phone line "she said chuckling as she then placed a hand on his flat belly curious to know the boy she had raised as her own, was now a mother and pregnant with other children already.
Edward trembled a little as he felt his aunt's hand on his stomach. His maternal instinct told him to defend the litter. However, he refrained from growling or pushing his hand. It was Agnes, his aunt... "I have another litter on the way. And that's why I need to reassure my husband. Thank you, Auntie, for your advice," he kissed her cheek, and then returned to his bedroom. He settled down by the pups and touched the sign, closing his eyes. "Ans... Don't be like that. You know I'll be back sooner or later..."
Andgard was walking or running would be more accurate. He was miles deep in the forest even father than to where guardians had domain. He was in the darkest side where night and night creatures dwell freely.

He then heard a voice. Ed's as if he was whispering something, yet it only pained him more. His heart ached for Lune and Penelope and Avril. He ached for he could not kiss his unborn children or see the swell grow in his mate. He ached for he felt desolated and alone as before he found a mate.

What good had it been to marry? He should have just fucked any human and keep his pups alone as a single father as the rest of guardians. He might then be romantically alone but at least he wouldn't have lost everything like he now had.
Ed felt no improvement. Clearly the alpha knew better what to think, though it was affecting him badly. He tried a few more times, but to poor effect. He finally let go, placing a compress on his forehead. His head ached through the feeling. He breathed deeply, smelling the puppies that were his solace. It's a good thing they were with them
Agnes took care of the house in silence in the first floor. She would listen atently in case some sound upstairs could give her a clue to what was happening with her nephew, yet all was dead silent.
She hoped the young man had gone to sleep. He would surely need all his rest.
She remembered being pregnant herself and it had been tiresome with one baby, she wouldn't imagine what it was like to carry more than one.

After an hour or two she went upstairs with a tray of cookies and a cup of tea. She knocked gently on the door to see if he was awake and hungry.
Edward muttered uncomfortably, then opened his eyes. He looked at his aunt standing in the doorway with a small smile. "Come in, Auntie... The children are still asleep" he said, and then covered the puppies with a blanket, watching them lie down politely. He touched his stomach after a moment, which still showed nothing for the moment. He wanted to carry the pregnancy, but the separation caused him nothing but trouble
"I just bought you a little something to eat. I noticed you barely touched your breakfast." she noted and looked down to his belly. She was worried not only that her nephew was well, but because of what he was carrying.

"you know... I could ask one of the old midwifes to come look at you if you need. Perhaps she wouldn't notice what type of babies you're having" she offered.
"I don't know if that's a good idea... But I'm worried. I don't feel good. I have to take a chance. Call Auntie if you can," he asked, and then stroked his little belly gently. He was afraid of losing his litter. He had already lost two puppies during childbirth. He didn't want to do it again. He took the cup gently in his hand and took a sip of tea. He'll have to give the alpha a message. Let's hope he doesn't make his heart hurt this time. He put his hands on his stomach, closing his eyes. He took a deep breath, touching the skin of his stomach. "Ans... I don't feel well, the midwife will come and check on our litter. Don't get upset again, I beg you "
Agnes was then really worried. "I'll go get her, it will be best I ask this favor in person" she said as she left as swiftly as possible as her old bones would allow.

Ansgard had stopped his travels. He was exhausted physically and emotionally too. He longed for his mate and pups. But as he rested over the fresh grass he heard his mate and stood up.

"Ed? Are you all right? What is wrong? Should I take my sister to you? Are you in pain?" he asked through the bond concerned.
Ed focused on bonding and talking to Ansgard. He wanted to calm him down and stop him from acting illogically. "It hurts a little, it stings but it's not too bad. I just feel weak. Auntie went to get the midwife. Don't worry. If it comes I'll keep you posted via the bond. Don't do anything please," he said, and then lay down on his side in an embryonic position. He hoped his aunt would return soon. He was worried about the litter.
"It's hard staying put knowing you might lt be okay or our pups" Andgsrd said hoping his mate would understand his position. He was miles away now and once more his family seemed to be in trouble and his mate, this time didn't wanted him there. "can you... Keep talking to me so I know you're fine?" he asked gently trying to not loose his mind and be impulsive about it "I can ask Sjofn what is happening is you describe your symptoms" he offered.

Steps were heard in the stairs as Agnes and Marion and old midwife and old friends with Agnes came up I to the second landing. A soft knock on the door preceded the two elder woman coming.

"Ed this is my friend Marion, she's a midwife and obgyn, you'll be okay in trusting her. She's the best we have"
"I'll say, you're the father so you have a right to know. I'm not as ruthless as you probably think... I hear footsteps, I'm about to speak. Listen carefully," he said to his husband, and then as the door opened he covered his children instinctively so that they would not cause trouble or be in danger. Ed as a mother was oversensitive.

At the sight of the older woman, he breathed a sigh of relief. He's finally going to find out what's going on with their kids. He needed to know what was going on inside of him. " Nice to meet you and thank you for coming," he said to the midwife and then lifted his shirt up, showing his stomach and lower abdomen. He lay quietly, though nervously on the bed, touching his stomach and breathing through his nose. He was weak