Closed Lost and Found
" I just have a hard time staying still. I gave my parents and teachers a hard time. " He said and blushed " I know I can be annoying. I sometimes annoy myself, Wich can be rather fun too." He smiled and feigned to be innocent " That might be true, but I said that this date could eventually lead to that. And any date has that potential. Of not... you're doing something wrong.

George then looked quite surprised " Well I was hoping you would introduce yourself when I did it myself. But I don't mind a mysterious date. Do I get a kiss if I get your name right during the dinner?" He grinned happily " Or I can give you a kiss too now if you tell me. You're in charge here after all"
Alec blinked. He didn't feel in change. He hadn't felt in change from the moment George walked in. He was like some sort of man-sized humming bird, buzzing from topic to topic. How the hell did we get to kissing?!? Could he even slow down enough to kiss? Alec nearly choked at the thought of George having sex. jed probably vibraye right off the bed.

"Let's just deal with dinner first. One thing at a time."

Alec set out the bread, some butter, and the salad while he waited on the chicken. It woukd still be a few minutes so he tossed his dog a treat and opened a bottle of wine.

"Do you drink, George?" he asked pouring himself a glass.
George found his host to be rather a quote interesting character.he felt he would never run out of questions for him and somehow. His host of the night was one of the few that had actually taken the time to answer

" All right...it's a bit more boring that way. But we'll do it your way" he agreed and looked how the man poured out s glass of wine " sure do. Usually don't drink as fancy as this but I never say no to a free drink" he said and smiled " you still haven't told me your name. I promise no kisses if you tell me." He said lifting a hand as if he was making an oath.
Alec poured a secong glass and handed it to George. "It's Alec," he finally answered with a chuckled, "And don't let the stemware fool you, this wine is some homemade swill I traded for a basket of those tomatoes you mangled. It's not even a little bit good but the alcohol content is high."

He took a large gulp, trying not to make a face. "I'm really more of a beer guy, but you drink what you've got, right?"

He used a dishtowel to pull the tray from the over and carefully turned over each piece of chicken and slid it back into the over. He took another gulp. Man...this wine really was strong.
" Alec the botanist" he said and grinned as it strangely fit. " I think I would have guessed it eventually. But it's nice knowing your name" he said taking the glass of wine and before sipping he took a sniff. It was quite strong.

"They're not...mangled" he said trying to defend his efforts. " They still taste like tomatoes which is the important part. " He declared

"I like beer too. Or tequila. Bit this isn't that bad if it's homemade. Sounds like fun doing your own alcohol. " He said pondering the idea.

"So, you want to try and ask.me questions now so we can enter this date on even ground?" He asked and smiled as he took a sip of the wine " I could also try to recollect what I asked and answer them for you"
Alec pulled the chicken from the oven. It looked perfect. crisp and brown. He plated it and set the portions on the table.
"How about we start dinner and attempt to...I don't know...chat? I guess?.

He grabbed some homemade salad dressing and took a seat at the small table and offered George a seat.
George found were the plates where and brought them to set the table. At least that much he could do.

"All right , I can surely do that for our date" he said excited about really taking that dinner as a date. Alec was a very handsome man and quite interesting to be honest.
Alec felt extraordinarily uncomfortable with George sitting across from him. If he was being honest it had been a very long time since he'd gone on a date...not that this was a real date, he assured himself...but if it were a date it would be him first date in...years? Wow...that was a depressing thought...

For all his yammering on, George really did have beautiful lips...and eyes...and chin and...Alec shoved a forkfull of salad into his mouth to distract himself.
He could tell Alec wasn't feeling too comfortable, and he of course didn't wanted that. Every first date was a bit akward for sure, but not like this. He felt now guilty for being too chatty and too inquisitive.

"I'm sorry if I ummm scared you or made you uncomfortable. I guess being alone for five hours really got to me..." He said with such seriousness it could actually be comical.
"If 5 hours does this, what would living out here do to you?" Alec chuckled. "It's fine. Maybe I'm not used to having guests. It's been just me and Rusty for too...awhile." He tossed a scap to the old mutt, who happily inhaled it.

He almost said too long. It was the first time je'd almost admitted that...