Computer/Video Games
I'm again/still playing Star Wars:  The Old Republic, along with Civilization and Phoenix Point, and need to log some time with Cyberpunk 2077.  What games are y'all playing?

Console side I'm mostly Nintendo side, but we do have a PS4.
My computer isn't the best when it comes to playing games. For some reason Left 4 Dead 2 crashes fairly frequently and I have to constantly verify the integrity of the game files before I play. Luckily I have no issues whenever I play Curse of Monkey Island.
--------
Why do drugs when you can just watch a Baz Luhrmann film?
I'm still in college so I love to play competitive fps games with my friends. These include Overwatch, Apex Legends, and Valorant.
I must admit I've got to the age where I can't be bothered playing video games any more. I'm still very much into them - but I prefer watching them on YouTube...! I'm subscribed to a couple of people and have been for a number of years. I also occasionally watch Twitch livestreams of a certain person at weekends when I'm free. 

Laziness? Oh yes - almost certainly! 

In my defence, I'm from the era of 'plug in and play'. All this online/downloading/setting up accounts/monthly subscription business goes over my head entirely. Also, I'm very much a 'sole gamer', whereas a lot of games these days seem to focus heavily on multiplayer. 
(12-16-2021, 08:02 PM)Belly Button Wrote: All this online/downloading/setting up accounts/monthly subscription business...

THIS! Seriously this!
All that stuff needs to STOP!
Online gaming should be an option, not a requirement.
I'm currently playing through the Yakuza series on PC.
(12-16-2021, 08:02 PM)Belly Button Wrote: I must admit I've got to the age where I can't be bothered playing video games any more. I'm still very much into them - but I prefer watching them on YouTube...! I'm subscribed to a couple of people and have been for a number of years. I also occasionally watch Twitch livestreams of a certain person at weekends when I'm free. 

Laziness? Oh yes - almost certainly! 

In my defence, I'm from the era of 'plug in and play'. All this online/downloading/setting up accounts/monthly subscription business goes over my head entirely. Also, I'm very much a 'sole gamer', whereas a lot of games these days seem to focus heavily on multiplayer. 

Same. Mostly watching YouTube videos of people playing video games and Twitch streamers. Really nice watching the Detroit Become Human playthroughs.
--------
Why do drugs when you can just watch a Baz Luhrmann film?
I'm very glad to find others thinking along the same lines as myself! I agree - an internet connection or some sort of subscription shouldn't be needed to play a game. You've bought it and therefore should be able to enjoy it. Keeping on having to pay to make it work has never sat well with me and that's one of the reasons why I don't (and won't) get involved. This is why I've effectively 'retired' myself from playing and turned into a YouTube/Twitch spectator of games, now. 

The modern business of multiplayer games (completely dominating the market over single-player games or modes) and the heavy focus of being online has been quite a big personal bugbear of mine since, ohhh, the very late 00's now! It really is a subject I could moan on about all day. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video Games Lyric 82 59,487 03-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Last Post: preglovergreg
  Web Games darkfanboy 6 3,111 08-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Last Post: inflator