Closed The Written word
Closed with PregBellyLover
Jace bit his lip grabbing some bread and peanut butter out sitting it on the counter. He sighed and looked over at Michael and shook his head “I want to get this report all finished up this afternoon, I don’t want to go out for a walk” he said blushing a little “I don’t like the stares” he said softly.

He made his sandwich and moved to the living room getting on his hands and knees on the couch before eating his sandwich quickly “Babe, can you get me a glass of water?” He asked looking over his shoulder at him “Please?”
Michael sighed but poured a glass of water and placed it in front of Jace.

“You know you’ve got nothing to be ashamed of? In fact, you should be unbelievably proud of how well you’re coping with this pregnancy. Not just anyone could carry such a big baby or put up with the changes you’ve had to make. I’m proud of you and you know how great I think you look.”

Jace continued to work and Michael shrugged and started to make his way out the Den. He stopped and called over his shoulder, “Well if you finish early enough, have a think about it.”
Jace sipped at the water smiling gently “Thank you” he said, about the water. He rolled his eyes playfully “You have to say that, you’re my husband” he said smiling and shaking his head as he ate his sandwich happily. He typed a few more sentences before looking back at him and smiled lovingly at him, “I know you’re just trying to get me active and moving but it’s hard and embarrassing, you’re there but you don’t fully understand how it feels when it’s directed at you” he said softly “Just going for walks is mentally so draining with everyone stopping me and asking me what’s going on, how far along I am, no I’m only having one, yes I am only five months along, no I don’t really want you touching my belly, oh you’re touching my belly anyway” he sighed softly “I just don’t have the energy for it today” he said softly
“Okay, I understand,” Michael said, feeling selfish for trying to force Jace to do something he didn’t want to.

“I’m going to head out for a while myself then. I’ll be at Molten Java if you need me”
Jace smiled gently at his husband “I’m sure I’ll be able to survive a couple of hours on my own, I am the adult in this relationship” he teased playfully, not wanting his husband to be upset with him. He turned back and continued working on his report typing quickly wanting to get it finished as fast as possible.
Michael settled into the battered old armchair at Molten Java. He loved this place, it reminded him of the old school coffee shops his dad had taken him to on Saturdays while his mom worked. He imagined there would be plenty of times Michael would be taking their kid somewhere on his own while Jace worked and he was looking forward to it.

He took a sip of his flat white and looked around the store. There was a family sitting at a table near the door, the twin toddlers causing chaos as they tried to feed each other pancakes, most of it ending up on the floor. One of their fathers, clearly nearing the end of his pregnancy was trying to coax them to sit down in their chairs as their other dad frantically picked up the scraps from the floor. He looked up, a harried expression on his face as he locked eyes with Michael. Michael raised his cup to him and gave a small smile. The other guy smiled back and gestured around him as if to say “welcome to my life”. Little did he know, Michael couldn’t wait for some chaos of his own.
Jace rubbed his belly the baby deciding to be active all of a sudden so Jace had to go to the toilet frequently which had become an annoying habit over the past few days and knew that it would continue to be like this for the following month and he was already getting quite frustrated.

He got back on the couch typing quickly for a few minutes before he got the urge to go to the toilet again “Are you kidding me?!” He yelled looking at his stomach annoyed “Just get off my bladder for an hour for gods sake!” He yelled annoyed getting back up to go to the bathroom again, slamming the door a little as he went in.
Michael returned home after a couple of hours, having walked around town checking out stores for a while.

He could hear that Jace was still working away and knew he wouldn’t be thanked for disturbing him so he went to their bedroom and lay down on their bed. Jace would find him when he next needed fed, the only time he seemed to pay Michael any attention these days.

He turned on the tv and let an infomercial about a five-in-one beard trimmer llull him to sleep.
Jace chewed his lip a little finishing off the report, he sighed as he felt his stomach gurgle for the fifth time, “Okay, okay, you’re hungry, I get it” he frowned annoyed and got up from his position, sighing a little, the sling helping the pressure on his back immensely. He rubbed his tired eyes as he went to the kitchen, he saw Michael’s keys so knew he was home. He looked in the living room before going to the bedroom and smiled seeing his husband napping on the bed, he sighed sadly, he used to be able to just climb in next to him and cuddle up to him without disturbing him but with this stomach that was definitely not happening. He turned and went back to the kitchen biting his lip, it had been a while since he had cooked, Michael was a much better cook than him but he wanted to try and do dinner for Michael so he opted for a simple omelette. He got a cutting board out and began to chop onions and peppers, the tears immediately streaming from the onions. He got bacon out of the fridge and sliced it up before putting them all in a bowl with a few eggs and mixing them up while the pan heated. He smiled when he poured the mixture into the pan hearing the sizzle and patiently waited while it cooked. He felt the urge to go to the toilet again and sighed, surely the omelette would be fine for a minute while he peed. He quickly waddled to the bathroom to pee and in the time he had gone it had started smoking and the fire alarm starting to go off.