African Tale: The pregnant boy
I found this African tale and found it very interesting. I'm not good at English, so I'll translate it by google translator, but the original site is here:

http://lendasafricanas33c.blogspot.com/2...-br-x.html

In a very long time ago, in the lands of the Xhosa people, there was a man and a woman who loved each other passionately. In early spring, they got married and threw a beautiful and colorful party that stirred up the community.

After a few years, they both wanted a son or a daughter to make them happy. But the child did not arrive. So they decided to go to meet a famous Sangoma, who lived in the forest.

─ Father Sangoma, can you help us to have a child?

The wise old man Sangoma was acquainted with the mysteries of the plants of the whole forest and of many ailments of body and spirit.

─ Yes, I can help you, but as long as you do everything as I explain.

They immediately agreed and paid close attention to the sage's words.

─ I will give you four roots of sacred plants that live in this forest. When you get home, you must separate them into two piles. The first pile should be warmed over the fire, the second placed with water in a bottle. The woman should chew the first pile of roots and, the next day, drink water from the roots of the second pile.

And the sage handed over the four roots wrapped in a small piece of cloth, saying:

─In exchange, I want you to give me an ox right after the child is born.

The couple agreed and thanked Sangoma a lot. They left immediately for their village. Once there, they did everything as he had explained. The woman became pregnant. Nine months later a beautiful little boy was born with big eyes and strong crying. The parents were so happy and involved with the new tasks that they completely forgot their promise to send the ox to the forest sage.

The boy was growing up. When he was approaching adolescence, his parents decided it was time to have one more child. So they decided to go back to the forest and ask Sangoma for more roots.

─ How do you get here and ask me for more roots without having delivered the ox I asked for? You got what you were looking for, but you didn't keep the deal.

The father and mother were ashamed and apologized profusely to the sage. How could they forget?

─ It is very easy not to remember those who helped us after we got what we wanted, said the sage angrily.

They apologized once more and, crestfallen, went to the door of Sangoma's house to leave for their lands.

─ Wait! As I see that you did not mean to harm and were ashamed of your mistake, I will give you the roots after you deliver the ox you owe me.

The couple thanked them and returned to their village. When they arrived, they immediately asked a friend to take the ox to old Sangoma. The friend returned with the message to go get the roots the next day.

─ Tomorrow we have appointments here in the village. We won't be able to get away,' said the father, worried.

─ What if we send our child to look for the roots? He is already 12 years old and the way there is very easy.

The father agreed with the mother's proposal. So they called the boy:

─ Do you think you can look for roots in Sangoma's house?

─ Of course, father! ─ and the boy jumped for joy. ─ I am no longer a child. I can go and come back real quick!

And so it was. The boy packed his little bag and left for Sangoma's house. There he explained to the wise old man that his parents had sent him to pick up the parcel. Sangoma handed him the four roots covered by a cloth and asked the boy to alert the parents to be very careful in preparing them.

─ Don't worry. Everything will be fine! ─ and the boy thanked Sangoma and left for home.

When he was halfway there, the curiosity was so great that he couldn't stand it. He opened the cloth and looked closely at the four roots.

─ I think it won't be a problem if I try just a little bit!

And he bit into the piece of the first root, very sweet and juicy. It tasted so good that he decided to try another piece. And then another and another. And so it went, until there was nothing left of the two sweet roots. So he tried the other two, but they were so bitter he spat them out on the floor.

That's when he realized what he had done.

─ And now, what am I going to say? Only two roots are left!

Afraid that his mother and father would be very angry, the boy decided not to tell the truth when he got home. “I hope these two remaining roots are enough for my mother to get pregnant”, thought the boy.

As soon as the boy arrived home, the mother asked to see the roots:

─ How strange, last time there were four roots and now there are only two... Did Sangoma explain anything to you?

─ No, Mom, he didn't say anything. He just said that you should heat this root on the fire and then chew it. And the other should be placed inside a bottle filled with water. The next day, you must drink the water.

The mother and father did not suspect anything and did everything as the boy explained. Even so, months passed and the mother did not get pregnant.

But the boy... He began to get fat, to get fat, and her breasts started to grow, to grow, getting more and more painful. His belly was getting big and he felt like there was someone living inside. In the fourth month, the boy noticed that this “someone” started to move a lot.

“I think I'm pregnant,” he said desperately. " What do I do now? How am I going to tell my parents? And my friends? Everyone will laugh at me! ”

He was so ashamed that he didn't tell anyone his secret. He was ashamed to have lied to his parents. His family didn't suspect it, because some of the boy's cousins had gotten very thin or fat when they entered adolescence. “Things of those who are growing up”, said the grandfather.

One day, when he was helping his father take care of the cattle, he began to feel a strong pain in his stomach, which came and went with increasing intensity.

─ My son, are you alright? ─ realized the father.

'Dad, I need to go home, lie down for a while,' the boy complained. ─ Having severe pain in the head and stomach.

─ Go and ask your mother for a very strong tea, the kind she knows how to make so well.

And he left, but not home. He went into the middle of the forest. There, he dug a hole, filled it with leaves and lay down inside, as if it were a nest. The pains in the stomach were increasing and, suddenly, a baby self cry was heard throughout the woods. A beautiful, chubby little girl had been born!

─ What do I do with you now? - the boy said desperately, looking at the baby. ─ What will become of me? And from you?

The baby was crying loudly and non-stop, but when she found the boy's nipple, she began to nurse very hungry. After nursing a lot, she slept soundly.

The boy then ran home, afraid that his parents had missed him. When he arrived, his father was already at the door to look for him:

─ Where did you go? You made us very worried!

The boy lied and said that he had decided to rest under a tree and had ended up falling into a deep sleep.

─ But what about the pain you were feeling? asked the mother, frightened.

─ Passed. I think it was a green fruit I ate yesterday,' replied the boy.

And everyone went to dinner. The boy ate as if his belly were a bottomless hole. The parents were surprised, but later they thought it was something for teenagers, for people who are growing up too fast.

At night after everyone had gone to bed, the boy got up and ran into the forest. He had to see the baby. She was crying and soon stopped when she started to suckle from his chest. Then the baby fell asleep.

“She's so beautiful,” he thought as he watched her sleep. For the first time, he felt that she was his daughter. He slept with her in his arms and, early in the morning, returned home and got into bed before his mother arrived to wake him.

Throughout the day, while working with his father, tending the family's cattle, he always invents a reason to run into the woods and nurse and care for his baby. At night, when his parents retired, he slipped away into the forest.

After three days, his mother began to suspect that something was wrong. Then, when night came, she pretended she had gone to sleep, but she stayed hidden, watching over the boy. When he got up and ran into the forest, she followed him. She couldn't believe what she saw: her son was breastfeeding a baby! The mother soon understood everything and decided to return home, before the boy noticed.

The next day, when he went out with his father to tend the cattle, the mother ran into the forest and picked up the baby. He brought her home, bathed her, fed her and played with her. Meanwhile, the boy once again made up an excuse for his father and ran into the forest to nurse and care for the little girl. When he got there, he was desperate. The girl was not in the nest.

He searched the entire forest for her. He prayed and begged the gods and ancestors to help him. He cried and cried. It felt like they had ripped a part of his heart, stolen his spirit:

─ Where is my little girl? Where?

Nothing else mattered in his life but finding the baby. “Did any animal eat it? I couldn't have left my daughter alone... "

And so the night came. And so the night was gone and the sun announced a new day. He was still confused, looking for the baby in the woods, he didn't know what to do, he wasn't hungry or thirsty.

The next day, after so much searching, dragging his legs, he went home, willing to tell his parents everything. When he arrived, his mother was holding the baby in her arms.

─ Mom, did you have a baby? asked the boy, almost crying. ─ Can I hold it? She is so beautiful!

The mother was silent for a while.

─ Yes, my son, she is now your sister. His mother's daughter, no longer his—and she looked fondly at her son. ─ This daughter of mine came to me through her belly. Just as other daughters and sons come to their mothers through the belly of other women.

The boy nodded and began to cry.

─ Sorry, Mom. Sorry, Dad, for not telling the truth. I feel very ashamed.

The father, moved by the boy's pain, said:

─ Yes, my son. We know you regret what happened. Never lie to us again or take something that doesn't belong to you.

From that day on, the boy had an extra pleasure when he milked his family's cows. He could no longer breastfeed his little girl, but the milk from the cows he cared for fed his sister. And she became more beautiful and smarter every day, making everyone happy.

The boy grew up to be a very wise and special man who understood the importance and beauty of taking care of life and feeding it.
Fascinating find! In fact, is anyone else aware of other mythological references to mpreg? A quick google search actually turned up that there are supposedly myths of pregnant boys amongst the Pawnee tribes of indigenous Americans which were documented by a man named Levi-Strauss, though I can't find any depictions of the myths in question.
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M...erSeahorse

Look under Myths & Religions tab.
If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are? -Bill Watterson
(11-23-2021, 08:46 PM)QuietBrowser Wrote: Fascinating find! In fact, is anyone else aware of other mythological references to mpreg? A quick google search actually turned up that there are supposedly myths of pregnant boys amongst the Pawnee tribes of indigenous Americans which were documented by a man named Levi-Strauss, though I can't find any depictions of the myths in question.

I found this:

"For his analysis, the author uses the myth of a pregnant boy. It is a story of a young boy with magical powers to cure diseases and treat people who are visited frequently by an old jealous medicine man accompanied by his wife to learn the secrets of his powers. When the medicine man discovers that he would not obtain any information about the boy’s magic, he eventually tricks the boy to become pregnant by serving some medicinal herbs. The boy, ashamed of being pregnant, leaves the village to a forest to end his life. There, he is pitied by the wild animals who help him by extracting the fetus and teach him their magical powers. Later, the boy comes back with those learned magic powers to kill the evil medicine man and becomes a man of repute in the field of medicine in his village."

The link of the article: https://www.sociologygroup.com/levi-stra...cturalism/
I would really like to see some art of this story
I would like too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pregnant Joker pregboy28 0 866 01-04-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: pregboy28
  Pregnant deadpool jrcash 1 921 01-01-2023, 06:07 PM
Last Post: redone2002
  My Adorable Pregnant Husband pirateking1256 1 1,988 11-22-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Hla
  NYTimes — Pregnant Men as Horror Villains The Guys' Gyno 1 1,326 08-06-2022, 07:09 PM
Last Post: sgonvw
  Pregnant Without Wife redone2002 1 1,862 08-13-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: lohan
  Pregnant Transman in Israel KYpreg 0 1,960 12-30-2017, 12:54 AM
Last Post: KYpreg
  "Men could become pregnant 'tomorrow'" dpdo 3 2,754 11-08-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: mprego2
  British Trans Man Pregnant BUDDY 4 3,735 01-23-2017, 10:42 AM
Last Post: plymdan1712
  21 Things That Would Happen If Men Got Pregnant – Buzzfeed Bsmith2 2 4,397 03-20-2015, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Marvelous
  Empire News Article: "First Pregnant Man" ImpendingExplosion 0 2,041 09-19-2014, 07:14 PM
Last Post: ImpendingExplosion