Closed The farmer’s child
Jace smiled gently and got changed in the other room before returning and putting his clothes on the chair. He rubbed his slightly rounded stomach nervously before sitting on the edge of the bed “How have you been?” He asked gently smiling at the other man. What he really wanted to ask was ‘Did you really miss me?’ And ‘Are you dating anyone’ but found both a little weird and inappropriate so he stuck to asking a more generalised question.
Liam guided him to the scale in the room to take his weight. As he saw the numbers he wrote them down on his file. "I've been all right. Just working. What about you? How's Marley?" he asked making now Jace lift his arms so he could measure the circumference of his belly.

"you can now lay down in bed. How's been these months of pregnancy? You're showing early" he said as usually it was further along men started to show.
Jace smiled stepping back off the scale and raising his arms for the measurement “You’re always working” he smiled gently “She’s good, she misses you too, she loves your old pillow” he laughed gently before getting up and laying back on the bed.

He bit his lip looking over at Liam “Bigger is good right? I mean, I am a decently big guy, I would assume my child would be big too” he laughed gently rubbing his stomach again gently “It’s been okay, lot of morning sickness and different foods I can’t eat, I’ve been careful with farm work though, I’ve made sure not to overdo it, I promise”
"Just as you. I do enjoy my work with the men and the babies. This morning I was in the delivery of triplets. It was a c section, but would you imagine such a blessing? Three in one go" he said chuckling.

"If I knew I would see you today I would have brought some treats for you to take back to Marley. That's very cute if her. I hope to see her once more" he said as he aided him into the bed. "it can be good, it can mean a several of things like you have a lot of amniotic fluid or that your skin just stretches easily or that indeed you're carrying a big baby or more than one" he shrugged his shoulders "but don't fret the doctor will let you know. He smiled and listened" I'm glad you've been doing well. I found myself thinking a lot about you and your baby. Hoping you're fine "
Jace laughed a little and scrunched up his nose “I suppose you’re right, never stops on a farm and I’m sure it never stops here as well. Triplets? Wow, I don’t think I could handle that many at once” he laughed softly “I mean, I would try but then I’m very outnumbered” he chuckled softly.

Jace couldn’t help but blush as he felt Liams hands on him, even just helping him. “You can come and visit any time you would like” he grinned “I’m always there…well unless I’m here” he laughed lightly and rubbed his stomach again “Well, hopefully it’s all good news” he grinned and blushed brightly “Y-you were thinking of me? Really?” He said nervously
Liam nodded "now you're here in town, perhaps I can take you for a coffee?well not coffee you can't have it because of the baby. Perhaps juice?" he offered and blushed knowing he was a patient and perhaps shouldn't be asking him out.

The Dr. Entered and Liam got out do the way." Good day Mr. Jace. I see this is your first appointment after conception "he said going over his file" that's good. Tell me how you've been feeling. Any aches or concerns you like me to address? "he asked" I will now ask you sir to raise your gown and expose your abdomen "he said and waited for him to do so" that's it, now move lower the sheets at your pubic bone. There perfect "he said as now Jace was fully exposed his nethers barely covered.

The doctor began to move ready and expert hands over his abdomen.
Jace looked at Liam blushing a little “Just like a hang out sort of situation or as a date?” He asked just as the doctor entered and bit his lip nervously knowing that Liam probably couldn’t answer now, especially in front of the doctor.

Jace faced the doctor “I’ve been good, just morning sickness and some ache where the baby has stretched my skin a bit, but nothing too bad yet” he smiled encouragingly. He followed the doctors instructions and bit his lip a little watching the doctor poking and almost massaging his belly which felt quite nice. “Everything good?” He asked a little nervously
Dr. Richardson listened intently "Liam before Mr. Jace goes give him two bottles of the salve for stretch marks."he instructed the nurse before turning back to the patient" that will aid with that pain you're feeling due to stretching "he explained.

Then he placed cold gel on his stomach" now put both hands behind your head "he petitioned of Jace as in the screen appeared an image of just gray till the doctor found the fetus" that's your baby at eight weeks. It's Measuring bit bigger than it should and that would explain you showing already but I can't see anything that would make me worry about its size. We will keep monitoring during the checkstto endure you and the baby hit those important marks "he said and took some pictures of the sonogram to print them for Jace" here you go. If you feel any pain or discomfort please call us or come so we can take care of you "he said and just t like that he was gone.

" I'm sorry, doctors can be insensible sometimes and just be on a rush tos we the next patient "he said coming over and handing some paper towels for Jace to clean himself.

" do you had any concerns? Or something I can help you with... And before... I... We'll you see I shouldn't as I'm a nurse here and you're a patient here. But I would like to take you out on a date."
Jace nodded along with the doctor, listening to anything he said to ensure that his baby would be perfectly healthy. He took the sonograms and smiled brightly looking at the images before looking up to find the doctor had already left.

He smiled gently at Liam thanking him as he took the paper towels and wiped off the gel “That’s okay, I understand, they have a lot of patients and my baby is healthy so it doesn’t need as much focus, I don’t have any questions as the moment but I’ll be sure to let you know if I think of anything” he blushed brightly as Liam continued “You want to take me on a date?” He repeated again, unsure if he was just hearing things or his kind was playing tricks, when Liam confirmed Jace smiled brightly “I would really like that” he said his cheeks bright pink.
"my shift ends in two hours... Is it much of me to ask you to wait for me?" he asked blushing as he waited on Jace and helped him down the bed once he was done cleaning himself.

"there's a pub around the corner, Blossoms, we can mee there if you like. Though I don't want to keep you of you need to head back to your farm quickly" he said.
Jace smiled brightly and shook his head “No, I’ll wait, I honestly thought I’d be here longer than ten minutes anyway” he laughed and leaned in kissing Liam’s cheek gently “I’ll just go shopping for some baby stuff while I wait. You have my number, just message me when you’re finished” he smiled brightly going to get changed back into his normal clothes.
Liam blushed at the kiss and waited for Jace to come out. He handed Jace his phone so he would add his number to his contacts.

"Thanks, I'll see you then?" he asked and smiled.
Jace smiled brightly and nodded, “I’ll see you in a few hours then” he said nervously before hugging him gently again. He left the clinic biting his lip excitedly before he headed into the city more and found a small boutique with baby things. He excitedly looked around and ended up with two bags full, probably a lot more than he needed but he wanted to be prepared.

He walked around the city, he never could get used to how loud it was in comparison to the farm. He stopped off and got some chocolates and flowers for Liam, he liked to get something like this for his dates and the flowers were the same ones that grew in his front yard so he hoped that Liam would like them. He headed to where they were to meet up and sat down rolling his ankles which were sore from walking on the concrete for a few hours
Once Liam finished his shift he went directly to the pub to not make Jace wait too much. He was still wearing his scrubs as he entered the pub and smiled noticing Jace at one table "I'm sorry for the long wait. Could you get the shopping done you wanted?" he asked.
Jace smiled brightly at Liam and nodded “Yeah” he said and scrunched up his nose a little “I definitely went overboard considering how far along I am but it means I don’t have to do any more baby clothes shopping for a long time” he laughed lightly.

He grabbed the chocolates and flowers and held them out to Liam “I got you these” he smiled brightly “The flowers are the same as the ones at my farm so I thought it would be a reminder for you of the farm…I mean, I think you liked them, right?” He said nervously
"it's good you won't have to worry about it then" he said and smiled and was surprised by the gifts. He hadn't gotten one for Jace and felt bad about "I was in such a rush to get here I didn't brought you something" he said taking the presents and smelled the flowers "I remember them and yes I liked it. I enjoyed being in your farm" he conceded. "well lunch is on me as you brought the gifts." he said and smiled "I'm so glad you Saud yes to a date, I've liked you for some time now but was scared to make a move as I'm a nurse at the clinic you are going to"
Jace laughed and shook his head “I wasn’t expecting you to get me anything, I just wanted to get you something” he said softly “But sure, you can pay for some of the date” he grinned a little and blushed lightly “I’m glad you enjoyed being there, we enjoyed having you” he said softly before biting his lip nervously “Of course I said yes, how many times have I blushed in your presence, I feel like that was a pretty good indicator of my feelings. Is it okay for us to date?” He asked gently
"you did? I never noticed you blushing to be honest, I'm sorry I'm kind of clueless sometimes" he said and blushed deeply.

"well, there shouldn't be as I'm just a nurse, you're not my actual patient, but I might have to inform my boss about it if this well... Becomes a thing. They might assign another nurse to your care simply or they might not. O really have no idea, I never noticed or liked a patient before "he said shrugging his shoulders.

A waiter came to take their orders and Liam asked for a soup.
Jace laughed gently and blushed a little “Well, we’re both pretty clueless because I had no idea you had that type of feeling towards me either.” He smiled gently

Jace frowned a little “I don’t know how I would feel with another nurse, I like having you as my nurse, you make me calm and comfortable” he said gently “And your hands are so lovely and soft on my skin” he said before blushing a little at the confession.

Jace smiled brightly up at the waiter and ordered a burger and chips for himself, he never ate before appointments because of nerves and now he was absolutely starving.
Liam blushed at Jace's confession "wait you like me since then? It must have been uncomfortable to you when I had to examine or touch very private parts" he said feeling terrible he might have been making feel Jace bad unknowingly.