Closed The farmer’s child
Jace nodded “Okay, well he seems nice and has a kind face so I’ll choose him” he said smiling gently pushing the book towards Liam. He looked a little nervous “What happens if it doesn’t work? Do I have to go through all the needles again? Do I need to pick a different sperm donor or do we just keep trying with this one?” He asked and started to chew on his nails anxiously. All of a sudden it felt so real, he wasn’t sure if it was because of the room or the needles or the fact his stomach was starting to ache from the stretch but he knew he was on the verge of panicking and tried to calm himself down.
"I'll call the sperm bank to set aside a sample for you" he said taking the bookrfoem him and leaving it in the nurse cart he had brought with him.

"if it fails, which might. You have to go through the needles again after letting your body rest a bit. You can use the same donor or change. Yet all our donors have good sperm count. It's not out of the ordinary if a patient needs to have it done twice or thrice for the sperm to finally take and fecund an egg. "he could tell he was nervous about it and he understood why.

He placed a hand in his bloated stomach" hey... In nine months I'll be aiding you go to childbirth. I promise you that. So be calm "he said with encouragement
Jace nodded a little “How long do I need to rest between each try? Do most men get it on the first or second try though? I mean, those needles aren’t fun and I don’t think I want to have them too many times” he laughed softly and rubbed his neck lightly.

Jace blushed a little as his stomach was touched by Liam, the proximity between them was close and he was trying to keep his breathing steady and not get aroused which was difficult as his emotions had definitely already started to get stronger. He swallowed roughly and nodded “I’ll try to be” he laughed gently “I don’t know how calm I’ll be in 9 months though” he grinned a little.
Liam rubbed the bloated belly and smiled "it usually takes twice. So don't be too let down if it doesn't works the first time. Yet of course that's what we wish" he said

"you're blushing... Did I overstepped myself?" he asked retiring his hand from his abdomen. "you seem like a strong man, I'm sure you'll do fine birthing your child and that you'll be amazed by how well you handle it."
Have nodded nervously “Okay, so probably won’t happen the first time, that’s good to know just so I’m not too disappointed you know?” He smiled gently and sighed “So, how long is the resting if it does fail? I have the farm and need to organise someone to help with that depending on how long I will be here”

Jace smiled gently “It’s okay…it’s just, you’re very tender and sweet and…handsome and with my emotions heightened I’m just a little conscious of the fact that you’re so close and my body may react in a way that’s not appropriate for my nurse” he said blushing again, “I am physically strong, you know, a farmer and all but I don’t know about handling pain” he laughed softly “Especially something like childbirth which is hard on women, let alone men”
"three weeks" Liam answered almost by instinct as there questions were made to him all the time "so expect to be here around two months at least?" he estimated

He bit his lip "I'm sorry either way I... Shouldn't have touched you in that way as was not performing an exam or aiding you in some way."
Jace frowned “Three weeks? That’s going to be annoying, but can I go home in between resting periods at all? Just to check on everything? Make sure my animals are okay?” He asked biting his lip a little. He smiled gently and shook his head “It’s okay, I just wouldn’t want you to misconstrue that I’m treating you inappropriately, not the other way around. You can touch me whenever you need” he said softly before blushing a little at the way it sounded “I’m sorry, that came out like I was hitting on you which I wasn’t, I mean, not that I wouldn’t cause your handsome and sweet but it would be completely disrespectful to your professionalism” he said rambling on, too embarrassed to stop himself, his cheeks going bright red.
"usually patients stay here, but I'm sure you could go have your rest back home and return for the week of the shots and insemination" he said and listened carefully, he began to blush once more and didn't knew how to answer to that.

"for someone that hasn't dated you're pretty blunt. You do think me handsome?"
Jace nodded “I think I would have to do that, I can’t expect my neighbours to continue looking after the farm the whole time, I need to make sure I have crops and animals to sell so I can afford the kid too” he said and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “So, when do I get inseminated?” He asked biting his lip

Jace’s blush calmed a little but not much “Yeah, that’s probably why the dates I’ve gone on haven’t gone well, I’m just too blunt and truthful” he laughed a little “Sometimes you just need to know how to shut up and I don’t have that quality. Yeah, I think you’re very handsome” he said softly
"just don't work yourself too hard of you do have to go back okay?" he said as that was important. "Friday night. It's four days of medicine to get you to ovulate and on the fifth day we have the insemination" he explained.

"I like when people are truthful, so I don't mind your bluntness. I feel I get what I see with you and that's nice"
Jace nodded smiling gently “Okay, an how long after the insemination will I know if it worked? Do you do the insemination or is it the doctor?” He asked chewing his lip a little.

Jace smiled warmly at him “Well, I’m glad. I know it can be off putting” he chuckled softly. He looked on the clock on the wall and bit his lip a little, he knew the twenty minutes were up and he was obviously in the correct response category but he also didn’t want Liam to leave.
"on three days after insemination you'll know for sure. We take blood samples to test your hormone levels" he said. "it's done by the doctor all inseminations. I'm just a nurse remember?" he said kindly.

"it's not. Thanks for being amiable company" he said smiling

(you wanna do more shots? Or skip to the insemination?)
Jace smiled gently and nodded “Okay, three days of nerves” he laughed softly “Yeah, but you did needles and I wasn’t sure if that would be in the same sort of category” he smiled “Thank you for being so kind to me and being so informative and understanding” he said happily.

(Yeah, skip to insemination)
For the next days the routine was the same. Liam would come after dinner, deliver the two shots and then they would talk.

It was insemination day for Jace. The medicine had rippen his ovaries and he was ovulating now. The bloatness increased each day and to an untrained eye. Jace would seem pregnant in the early stages.

Liam arrived first to prepare Kace for the procedure once the doctor came "nervous?" he asked the farmer
Jace smiled gently at him as he entered the room before nodding “Yeah, but it’s not because this isn’t what I want, I’m just excited nervous” he laughed a little and rubbed his bloated belly, the second day the bloating had become painful but by now it just felt uncomfortable, like his skin had been pulled taut.

He was very worried about the fact that he had very quickly gotten a crush on Liam. Fortunately he had been able to hide it well despite his emotions running high. Whenever the other man came close to him, his heart would beat a little faster and he would feel his palms get sweaty. “So, what should I do to make this process easier for the doctor?” He asked twisting his fingers nervously.
"it's good you're excited. I brought a hospital gown you need to change into. You need to take everything off and just put the gown. I'll also run a sonogram before the doctor comes to see how many eggs you've managed to release" he explained

"I... I brought different gowns to see which color you'd prefer... So... So you can wear something you like when you concive your baby" it wasn't policy to do that. You jsut brought a clean gown for the patient that was avaible. Not go around the laundry room looking for a blue, yellow and green gown so the patient to choose what to wear.
Jace smiled brightly at him and nodded “Oh! I get to choose a colour” he smiled “Blue is my favourite colour so I’m going to have to choose that one” he smiled, it definitely wasn’t because of the colour of Liam’s eyes and was always his favourite colour. “Do I change into the gown before the sonogram or after?” He asked curiously, he could feel his cheeks redden at the idea of being in the hospital gown being pushed up and being completely exposed to Liam for a sonogram.
He smiled glad to see how happy he got just because he have him to choose a gown color. "it will be easier if you change now, before the sonogram" he said "I'll go outside to wait till you're ready for me"
Jace smiled brightly at him “Oh, it’s okay, I’ll just go into the bathroom quickly” he grinned before going to the bathroom and undressing before sliding the gown on. He felt himself blush as he looked at himself in the mirror, thinking about the fact he was about to walk out and be naked in front of his crush.

He took a few deep breaths calming himself, making sure his blush had faded before returning to the room. “Okay, would you like me to lay on the bed or what’s the easiest way for you to do this?” He smiled warmly at Liam
Liam nodded as Jace went to the bathroom, he waited patiently for him to return.

"laying in bed is fine. How are you feeling and managing the bloatness?" he asked letting Jace settle in the bed as he prepared the sonogram machine "I... Do I have your permission to raise your gown to perform the sonogram.?"