Closed A chance at happiness
Winter, a blizzard is coming. The pregnant man goes into labor and the husband has to deliver the baby.
Carsen was surprised at his husband's caring and laughed briefly as he tried to dress and feed her quickly.

"Honey... Relax" he stroked his cheek gently "I'll breastfeed her and we'll get her dressed in a minute. It needs to be cleaned of dirt..." he explained, and then looked at the little one, who lay still, but with her chest drooping, and muttered under her breath, "I wanted to propose to you Caroline.... What do you think?" he asked, and then kissed the child once more
"I liked Emmeline but Caroline is a nice name" he said gently and looked at the baby who seemed glad and pleased to be held by her mother.
"Do you want to hold her?" asked Carsen, feeling the little one breathing calmly and being all right with her. Immediately after, he gently lifted her and pointed her towards Fabian. He wished he could see how tiny and sweet she was. He even wanted to dress her himself so he could get a better look at her
"I would like to but is it fine I do? She's so small" he said as he sat in bed to hold the baby. She was tiny and seemed to be falling asleep tired yet searching for food. She became fuzzy in his arms as she didn't knew his heartbeat or could smell milk nearby "Hi Caroline, I'm your father" he said to his daughter smiling.
She murmured rather loudly and moved her hand slightly. She was so sweet. When she finally started whimpering louder, Carsen picked her up and pressed her to his chest. Caroline started drinking milk from his nipples. She was hungry. The Duchess stroked the baby's head, then looked at his husband.

" Fabian, bring clothes and a clean towel, will you?" he asked him, then grabbed his hand lightly
Fabian nodded and was sorry to not be able to hold her longer but understood that she needed her mother and to have something to eat.

He stood up and brought more towels and a white warm clothes they had gotten for the baby. "I think she looks like you a lot" he said as the baby still with closed eyes was hungrily nursing even if she was as tired as her mother. "
Carsen was learning the charms of parenthood slowly, and he had to admit that the sight of a newborn was adorable and beautiful. Now he was grateful to God for letting him live and giving him the opportunity to care for this angel. He kissed the little one's head, seeing her body grow cold under the sheets even.

"Really? I, on the other hand, see you in her..." he laughed when her husband returned and then with his help wiped her off the dirt. Then, bravely, while she was drinking, they dressed her in white clothes and left her alone. "You're tired too... Lie down next to me, okay? We need rest."
"well hopefully she looks a bit like both" he said smiling watching how hie wife nursed the newborn. He was amazed they had just gone through childbirth together not knowing much about it, yet had managed to get Caroline safely and she was now wrapped in her warm clothes and blankets.
Caroline sleepily opened her eyes revealing to have Carsen's eye color.

Fabian got in bed tired yet he imaged it was nothing to what Carsen had gone through ttonight. He placed an arm sound his wife and daughter as the three cuddled in bed.
It was morning when Carsen heard a commotion. He opened his eyes slowly, seeing that it was already light outside and Fabian wasn't beside them. Caroline lay quietly on his chest, observing her surroundings and touching the space around his chest with her hands.

However, the sounds from the hallway interested him. Someone was clearly walking fast and conversations could be heard. Finally there was a knock on the bedroom door, and then Louise appeared on the threshold and smiled broadly at the Duchess. Apparently Fabian had already told the servants that there were already three of them.