Closed Miracle
Richard and Daisy
"Just parched. " Richard says. "When you are ready give another push." The doctor says. "Uggghhhhh mmmmmmmmm." "The head is out Richard, you're doing great!!!!"
Daisy gasped, heading the head was out and then looked between Richards legs again, her eyes widening when she saw the head. “They have brown hair, like me”.
"Another push for me Richard." Richard gives a big push "Ugggghhhhhh ohhhh". "Very good Richard, one more." Richard leans foward and gives another push. "Mmmmmm uggghhhhhh ohhhh." The doctor says "the baby is out!!!" Richard lays back and breaths a sigh of relief. The baby starts to cry. "Would the mother like to cut the umbilical cord?" The doctor ask.
Daisy nodded, tearing up as she stepped forward to cut the umbilical cord. Her hands trembled and the closed the scissors around the fleshy tube-like organ.
Richard looks at Daisy smiling. They put their daughter on his belly as Daisy cuts the cord. The nurse wipes the sweat if my face. They clean the baby and they hand their little girl in Richard's arms.
Daisy looked down and trailed her finger along her daughters head, “she’s gorgeous”.
What shall we name her? Richard ask
“What about sage?”, she replied, utterly love struck by the tiny baby.
"Sounds good!" Richard says as he hands Sage gently over to Daisy.
Daisy took Sage into her arms and smiled down at the baby, “she’s adorable”, she whispered, not wanting to wake her up.
Richard lays there as he is now comfortable smiling at Daisy.