Closed Miracle
Richard and Daisy
"Hi" is all thar Richard could say. As he is nervous. He looks at Daisy, holding her hand tight.
Daisy chuckled at Richard then told the doctor about her husbands symptom’s and explaining how it came on so suddenly. “It could have been the chicken we had last night, maybe?” She joked, nervously.
The Doctor asked Richard to change into a gownget on the exam table. So, the Doctor steps out and the nurse hands Richard a gown, and she steps out. Richard takes his shirt and shorts off, leaving only his boxers on. Then steps onto the exam table and sits. The nurse and Doctor come back in.
Daisy watches as this all goes on and even holds onto Richards clothes, “so what’s going to happen now?” She asks the doctors.
"We are going to do an exam, and draw blood. The results should be in a half hour. So lay back." Richard lays back as they do a complete exam. "Any thing hurt, or unusual sensations the last twenty-four hours?" Richard responds hesitantantly "Well I.." He then feels Daisy's hand grabbing his and squeezing gently. I kinda have a tender spot in my abdomen, I also had a strange but pleasurable feeling a couple of times, while me and Daisy, umm... you know?" He says
Daisy couldn’t help but blush, hearing him talk about last night, and turned her head away from the doctors in the room. She still kept ahold of Richards hand and was stroking it, bringing comfort to him and herself, sighing in relief when the doctors leave to her their equipment,”half an hour, huh?” She said,”what do you wanna do?”
"The nurse will draw some blood, hang tight" Richard ask "Is there a vending machine? I would like to get a ginger ale." The doctor replies through the doors at the end of the hall, you can grab one there in the vending machine." The nurse gas Richard put his arm out. Richard looks away as she draws blood.
“I’ll get one for you” Daisy said, as she put the clothes on her seat and left. At first she stupidly went in the wrong direction and then turned back and found the vending machine. She bought the ginger ale and some plain crisps for Richard to eat as they hadn’t a chance to in the morning, then made her way back.
"Thanks babe!!" He says. "I promise I'll eat slowly." He added. He opens the ginger ale taking small sips, and eats his snack slowly. They await the results which took a total of 45 minutes. The nurse and doctor walk in.
Daisy scrolled through instagram whilst waiting for the results, she found it so boring to wait but knowing her husband is ok would be worth it. She sat up straight when the doctors came back, making sure to listen in.
The nurse pulls in an ultrasound machine. "Whats that for?" Richard ask. "The blood work came back, everything seems normal, but, we want to be certain about something. Lay back in lift your gown up past your stomach." The Doctor says
Daisy watched, interested, as they applied some clear gel and rolled a white stick thingy over Richards stomach. ‘I wonder why they are using that’ she thought, ‘maybe they are checking for stomach ulcers’.
"The blood work came back. It appears you may ne pregnant. " The doctor says. "Wh..what? How is that possible?" Richard ask with a surprise look on his face." We were trying to get pregnant, but, her not me" he says laughing.
“May be? So your not actually sure?” Daisy asked, suspicious. She didn’t want to get her hopes up just for it to be false. As she looked over a Richard, she couldn’t help but smile at his hopeful face.
The doctor takes the wand and puts it on Richards abdomen. "A little cold!!!" Richard says. They look at the monitor and see a small dot. "Congratulations!!" Says the doctor. "You're pregnant, but, also very rare considering you're a male. I can explain in just a moment. I'm sure you have a ton of questions for me." The doctor says
Daisy’s eyes tear up at the sight of the little blob, it was so small yet meant so much to them. Richard and her had wanted a baby for ages yet had no luck so far, this truly was a miracle to them. She grabbed onto her husbands hand and littered it with kisses, “I’m so happy”.
Richard hugs and kisses her as he I'd excited and yet surprised. "Get dressed, I'll be back in a few minutes." The doctor says. We can go over any questions and recommendations. The doctor walks out Daisy and Richard stare at each other for a few moments.
Daisy lept forward and clung onto Richard, crying into his shoulder, “we are finally having a baby!” She exclaimed. “Wait, get dressed first” she chuckled wetly and pulled away.
"How is this possible? He ask Daisy. I mean I did feel a strange sensation when we were...well, you know?" Richard gets dressed and they sit at the doctors desk waiting for him to return. Richard and Daisy hold hands.
“It must’ve happened then” she shrugged, “the doctor will probably explain”. Daisy sat there nervously waiting for the doctor to return.