Closed You Belong To Me
Nolan looked at his neighbor's house with a feeling of sentimentality. When he was young, he often stayed overnight at Thomas' house. He felt at home there.
"Will you make me a decaffeinated iced coffee?" he asked him making a pout of his mouth.
“Ugh, I guess I can”, Thomas joked, letting them inside. They went into the kitchen where Thomas got out the ingredients he would need.
Nolan sat at the kitchen counter watching his neighbor's actions. They were already kissing, but Nolan didn't know how to address Thomas. Thomas was Thomas. His friend, his neighbor. Someone who is important to him. And his heart beat fast.
"Thomas? Who are we to each other?" he asked tentatively.
He paused for a moment, thinking, “I’m not too sure, I know that I have feelings for you”, he began and turned to look at Nolan, “but i don’t know how you feel”.
Nolan slightly grunted, blushing slightly.
"When you're next to me or looking at me.... It makes my heart beat faster," he admitted. They were both unaware that their mothers were sitting in the living room and overhearing their intriguing conversation from there.
Thomas smiled hearing this, and breathed a sigh of relief. “So you do like me, from the sounds of it”. He turned around and finished up the iced coffee, “well, I guess the next step would be to be boyfriends”.
Nolan raised his eyes.
"And it doesn't bother you.... That I have a baby on the way?" he asked with a little doubt.
“Of course not, it’s apart of you”, Thomas responded, putting a hand on Nolan’s bump.
Nolan reddened sharply. Two women watched them from afar with smiles.
"My son-in-law, coffee for me too!" cried Nolan's mother, revealing their presence
Thomas jumped and almost swore, “what on earth are you guys doing?”, he exclaimed, holding his heart.
Sarah looked at her friend and then at the boys.
"We're gossiping... It's Saturday. Relaxation is due," she replied and put down her glass of wine
He hummed and nodded his head, “right, yes”. He then turned back around and made another coffee, which felt excruciatingly long to make.
Sarah patted him on the shoulder as he handed her coffee.
"Take care of my son, will you?"
"Mom!" muttered an indignant Nolan, pulling Thomas by the arm.