Closed You Belong To Me
Nolan blushed slightly, but the embarrassment quickly went away. He smiled, and then they focused their eyes on the TV.
Thomas moved his fingers quickly, not wanting to be the loser. It had been a long time since he had played this game and he couldn’t really remember how to play.
Nolan tried not to lower his guard and go head to head with his neighbor.
"How was college? Are you okay?"
“It wasn’t too bad, I’m just greatful it ends soon”, he answered, not taking his eyes from the game. “How’s it been at home?”
Nolan nodded his head. He gently slowed down his finger movements.
"I'm a little nervous... Maybe it's normal, but... I can't sleep at night. Will I be a good mother?"
Lowing his guard, Thomas turned his head to look at Nolan, “you’ll be an amazing mother, you shouldn’t worry so much”, he said, frowning a little.
Nolan also lost his vigilance. He looked at Thomas with uncertainty.
"Do you really think so?"
“Of course I do”, Thomas said, smiling down at him. He quickly turned back to game and scored the winning points and laughed. “I win”, he teased.
Nolan smiled despite his defeat. He put the pad aside.
"Is that what you want as part of your winnings?" he asked him as the device turned off.
“I don’t really know”, he said, thinking. “I might just save it for another day”. He turned onto his side and pulled Nolan into a cuddle, “seriously though, you have no reason to worry”.
Nolan blushed hard. But he returned the hug and put his head on his shoulder.
"Thank you..." he muttered with a small smile
“That’s okay”, he returned. “Do you fancy leaving the house anytime soon?”
Nolan mused. He waved his legs.
"Maybe.... And what do you suggest?"
He shrugged, “we could go for a walk?”, he suggested, “or maybe some food”.
Nolan caught Thomas's hand lightly. He looked at him with a very charming expression. He giggled lightly.
"Are you asking me out?" he asked half jokingly half seriously.
“I might be”, Thomas responded, smiling lightly. He held onto Nolan’s hand and ran his thumb over the back of it, “would you want to?”
Nolan felt his heart begin to beat faster. He looked at Thomas blushing by the nose.
"I... I wish," he whispered grabbing his neighbor's hand tighter
“Would you like to go now?”, he softly asked, sitting up a little. “We can go to a little cafe or something?”
Nolan nodded, then thought about it.
"I need to change into something more appropriate..." He replied with a small smile "Will you wait for me?"
“Well I’m not going to leave without you”, Thomas joked, “I can wait outside if you like?”