Closed You Belong To Me
Nolan sighed. He smiled softly.
"I certainly will..." he replied quietly, and then lay down on the bed
Thomas turned around to smile one last time at Nolan and then left. When his parents and him returned home he couldn’t help but stare out his window, wondering if Nolan was doing the same.
Nolan looked toward the window with temptation. Finally, he rose and approached the shutter. He opened it and looked opposite.
Thomas saw Nolan and felt embarrassed. Just his luck that he would appear whilst he was staring ojt his window. He held his hand up and waved, trying to diffuse the tension.
Nolan waved him off, then reached for a notebook. He wrote a few words.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW?"
He burst out laughing, what the hell is he doing? Thomas searched for some paper and a pen and answered, ‘I WAS JUST TRYING TO SEE WHAT THE WEATHER IS DOING SO I CAN GO FOR A WALK’
Nolan flipped through a sheet of paper and began writing a response.
"DO YOU NEED COMPANY?"
Thomas shrugged, ‘SURE’. Maybe they could finally reconnect, after all this time. He was honestly just wanting to get a break from everyone but he didn’t mind company. Maybe they could get an Ice cream at the beach.
"THEN WHAT?" he asked, and then began to open the clothes closet, "AND WHERE ARE WE GOING?"
‘WE CAN WALK ALONG THE BEACH’ he wrote, ‘AND MAYBE GET AN ICECREAM’. Thomas put down the paper after making sure Nolan read it and began to change his clothes, he put on a white tank top and some grey shorts.
Nolan wore a comfortable blue-striped dress and put ballerinas on his feet. He picked up a small purse and even put a hat on his head. He felt as if his strength had returned.
Thomas stood outside waiting for Nolan to come out, he looked at his phone to check the time and saw it was 1pm which was the hottest point that day. Going to the beach would be a good idea.
Nolan approached his neighbor.
"Hey..." He replied a little shyly "Sorry, but it's taking me a while to get dressed right now."
“It’s okay”, Thomas said, “I’m just glad you’re coming out”. He began to walk, a little slowly because he assumed Nolan would be affected from the pregnancy, “do you want to paddle in the sea?”
Nolan walked evenly with Thomas, looking every bit in his direction.
"Uhm... I'm scared," he whispered shyly "I can't swim," he added and then put his arms around his tummy slightly
“We won’t go deep, I don’t fancy getting too wet”, he said, “plus I’ll watch out for you”. They continued walking, their steps matching.
Nolan looked at him with a small smile.
"If you say so..." he whispered and fixed his hair "Then maybe I'll be tempted. But hold me tight."
Thomas laughed, “you never really liked swimming, did you?” As they approached the beach, Thomas bent down and removed his shoes, holding them in his hand.
Nolan blushed and then wanted to take off his shoes, but had a small problem. He couldn't reach in the normal way.
"Thomas? Will you help me?" he asked him pleadingly
He laughed again, he was already enjoying himself. He leant down and untied Nolan’s shoes, then continued to walk onto the sand, still holding Nolan’s shoes. “Let’s find a good spot to put our things”.