Closed You Belong To Me
Nolan followed him like a shadow. He was also enjoying himself. He missed the company of his neighbor. When they found a spot, Nolan sat down on the sand and looked at the sea.
"I haven't been here in a long time..."
Thomas sat next to Nolan, enjoying the heat and sounds of the beach. “How comes?”, he asked, “I come here all the time, it’s only down the road so I like to take advantage of it”. He also came here to smoke but he didn’t tell Nolan that.
Nolan tilted his head back, muttering quietly as he stretched his body.
"I didn't want to leave the house.... I didn't see the point in it. And when I went out it made me feel lonely. Funny, huh?" he asked and stroked his tummy.
He shrugged, “not really, I used to feel lonely when you was always off with Xavier”, he explained, “that’s why I made friends with my new mates”. He sat back, leaning against his arms, feeling the sun in his face.
Nolan was unable to comment on this. He simply fell silent. He licked his lips slightly and just sat, watching the sea.
"There is a song... And there's a stanza...The sea accepts every grief," he whispered quietly "Now I understand the message."
“I don’t know what you mean”, Thomas said, turning to look at Nolan. He shifted a bit, getting bored of the sand, “do you want to paddle?”
Nolan nodded slightly. He immediately stood up with his help holding his back.
"Will you hold me?" he reassured himself
Thomas nodded, “yeah, I said I would earlier”, he reminded him. Together, they walked over to the sea and slowly walked in.
Nolan held on tight to his neighbor and looked at the water that enveloped his somewhat swollen feet. The pregnant man was pleased.
"The water is so cold!" he laughed
“Don’t tell me you expected it to be warm?”, Thomas asked, laughing. He walked in further, bringing Nolan with him. He kept an arm around his waist, avoiding touching the bump.
Nolan laughed louder and louder with every step.
"Ice water!" he shouted and pushed harder into his neighbor's torso while looking at him with sparkling eyes.
Thomas smiled down at him, their faces close. Like they were going to kiss. Suddenly a kid splashed past, getting them both wet and cold. They shrieked and Thomas pulled away from Nolan, separating them.
Before they knew it, and Nolan landed in the water. Fortunately, nothing happened, but the wind snatched his favorite hat.
"Oh no!" he said resignedly when the hat landed quite far away.
After pulling him back up, he left Nolan behind and went and got his hat for him. “Here”, he said, passing it to him.
Nolan, seeing the hat, smiled broadly. He put his arm around Thomas' neck in a fit of joy.
"Thank you!" he replied gleefully and then came to his senses and somewhat awkwardly let him go.
Thomas’s eyes widened, he could feel the bump press against his body. He subtly moved away from it, not wanting to touch it still. He still chuckled when Nolan came back to his senses, patting him on the back, “it’s okay”.
Nolan quietly gasped when he was patted down. His muscles had been tense lately. He looked at Thomas with embarrassment.
"My body is very tender right now..." he explained and began to massage his spine.
“Does it hurt?”, He asked Nolan, touching it again. He moved behind Nolan and began to massage it, rubbing away any knots.
Nolan felt a slight shudder. His cheeks lit up with red. Pregnant man quietly groaned feeling the improvement.
"Thomas, stop," he decided finally. He was embarrassed. Why was Thomas' touch so nice?
Thomas stepped away, “sorry but did it help?”, he asked, not understanding why he still cared about him. “Let’s go deeper”, he said, moving out.