Closed You Belong To Me
"It's better," he said only and followed him, protectively covering his tummy. He looked around the beach.
“That’s good”, he said, the water was waist deep now and he was grateful he had taken his shirt off. “This feels great”, he said.
Nolan sighed quietly. It was strange to feel the water touch his tummy. He clenched his legs tighter.
"It will soon soak my bra."
“Okay, we can get out if you like”, he said, turning back to look at Nolan. He had never been swimming with Nolan, even when they weren’t close anymore did they create new memories.
"If you still want to be in the water then go ahead," he replied and looked toward the shore "I can wait on the sand," he suggested, and then was about to take a step back when he suddenly slipped on a pebble on the bottom and started flying backward.
Thomas’ eyes widened as Nolan seemed to fall in slow motion, he ran forward and grabbed him around the waist; pulling him close. “Oh my god”, he panted out, “don’t scare me like that”.
Nolan was as shocked as he was embarrassed. He rested one hand on Thomas' torso, but it was a reflex. He looked at him genuinely surprised.
"I'm sorry... I'm clumsy in this pregnancy," he replied and carefully took a step, standing on his own.
Thomas was still in shock from what almost happened, “it’s okay, you’ve always been a little clumsy”, he joked, watching to make sure he didn’t slip again. Slowly they made their way out of the sea, feeling the gradual heaviness that leaving the sea causes.
Nolan found the courage to respond in an equally amusing context.
"You know, you were not supposed to let go of me," he pointed out to him quietly, and then slightly shrugged off his dress to make it less wet.
He raised an eyebrow, “well I’m fairly sure you let go of me first”, he answered, poking Nolan in the side. He saw him taking off his dress and covered his eyes, “do you have anything else to wear?”, he asked.
Nolan was about to tell him a retort but noticed how Thomas had his eyes covered.
"What are you doing? Am I embarrassing you?" he asked him somewhat amused "And I don't have anything to change" he added
“You don’t have any clothes on”, he hissed, throwing Nolan the shirt he had taken off earlier, “put this on”. He waited to see if Nolan was covered yet, peeking between his fingers.
Nolan accepted the shirt from him and began slowly putting it on. He looked out of the corner of his eye curiously at his neighbor.
"Are you surprised by my body? Or... Are you uncomfortable because I'm pregnant?" he asked him gently and waited impatiently for his answer
“I’m not surprised or uncomfortable, it’s just that you’re exposed and have boobs now”, he said, removing his hand. Thomas picked up his bag and swung it onto his shoulder, “shall we go back now?”
Nolan looked at his neighbor as he buttoned up. Then he reached for his purse and walked toward Thomas.
"I have boobs, if you have a problem then we don't need to see each other," he said firmly, feeling resentful towards him. He got a little ahead of him, giving vent to his anger.
Thomas was confused, why on earth did he get so wound up about it? He was just pointing out that he didn’t want to be disrespectful and look. He sighed and rolled his eyes at the pregnant boy. “Yeah whatever”, he said, walking behind him.
Nolan only spoke to Thomas when they were outside the pregnant man's house.
"I'm pregnant. If it's a problem for you, you could have said so. I can sit at home. Believe I'm used to it," he said a little more calmly
“It’s not a problem and I never said it was”, Thomas said, getting annoyed. He turned and left, not wanting to stick around. He couldn’t believe he had wanted to give Nolan another chance at being his friend.
He didn't expect to hear a loud cry a moment later. Nolan was crying so gulpily that he was shaking. He rubbed his eyes very chaotically.
"All men are cunts!" he said and stomped his foot walking toward the villa.
He sighed turning around, “why are you crying?”, he called out, approaching Nolan. He went right up to him and waited for his answer.