Closed You Belong To Me
"Guess..." He replied and left, but then turned back. He began to remove his shirt. "And you have... Wash it if you're disgusted..." He added with venom and went to his family home.
“Because I wanted to respect you by not looking at your almost naked body?!”, he yelled as the door began to close. He stormed back into his own home and threw the shirt in the wash and then raced into his room, shutting his blinds so Nolan wouldn’t be able to see inside.
Nolan closed the door of the room and closed the curtains on the window. Then he lay down in bed, wrapping himself in a blanket. He closed his eyes, trying not to think about that asshole. Meaning Thomas.
Thomas wished things hadn’t blown out of proportion but honestly, Nolan was being a dick. He decided he would refuse to talk to him unless he apologised first.
Nolan lay on the bed greatly offended. However, he was his (former) friend so he did not let go so easily.
"If you apologize to me, I'll forget about it," he texted him.
Thomas looked at his phone and gasped, the nerve this boy had! He wrote back, “you’re the one that blew this whole thing up”. He then turned off his phone and waited to see if he would get a reply.
Nolan as he saw the message puffed out his cheeks displeased. How could he write to him there!
"You want a war? Then have it!" he wrote back
Thomas frowned, “no I honestly don’t but we both apparently won’t admit we are in the wrong”, he typed back, “so forget about it”. He turned his phone off and got out of bed, going downstairs to make himself some food.
Nolan read the message and snorted. He lay there for a few more minutes. Finally he got up, wanting to wear something more comfortable. He also put the washing machine on. Then he started looking through the baby's clothes. He still had to order some furniture.
Thomas did wonder why Nolan wasn’t listening to him or understanding his side of the story. Either way, he was getting irritated by the whole situation.
Nolan browsed baby stuff on the Internet, putting a mask over his face. He was lying down in his pajamas. Suddenly he sneezed. He thought it was a temporary condition. But in the evening it worsened. He got a fever and had chills. His parents were afraid for him and the baby. They called the doctor.
Thomas could see a doctor or someone from the medical field approach Nolan’s house, he was watching through the blinds. He hoped everyone in that house was okay, even Nolan.
Thomas' mom came in a little early from work.
"Hi son..." she said and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek "Are you okay?"
“Yeah”, he murmured before asking, “do you know what’s going on next door?” He went back over to the blinds and opened them, showing her the doctors car.
The woman glanced around, then began to take out the documents.
"Ah... Clara called me. Nolan is said to have caught a cold. He is feeling quite bad. They called the doctor, they are afraid for him and the baby," she replied and patted her son on the shoulder "Are you worried about him?"
“Oh”, he replied, wondering if it was because they went in the sea yesterday. Surely not though, it was a hot day and they dried off fairly fast. “A little bit”, he told his mum, hugging her.
The woman hugged her son. She stroked his back. Then she smiled slightly.
"I envy Clara a little. She will have a grandchild..." she said and corrected her son's hair "Will you also make me a grandmother someday?"
Thomas’s eyes widened, “mummmm”, he groaned, going red. “When I’m older, I’ll maybe have a child”, he said, “I’ll need to get a boyfriend or girlfriend first”.
The woman laughed lightly. She patted his shoulder.
"I know, I know... Finish your studies first. Your father is so proud that you will take over the company after him. You'll be a good new director" she replied and picked up her briefcase "I'm going to the office, shall we have lunch together?"
He smiled at his mum, “thanks mum, I look forward to taking it over”. He felt his stomach rumble and laughed, “I am hungry so I think I will join you”.