Closed You Belong To Me
The woman laughed and went to change her clothes. She returned a short time later.
"The doctor is still there... Maybe I should look in on Clara and ask what's going on?"
Thomas nodded, “can you please?”, he asked, he was slightly worried about what was going on there and felt even worse about the fact that they had been arguing. Maybe it was the stress of that that made him ill?
The woman looked at him with a weak smile.
"Are you worried about him that much? That's sweet," she admitted quietly, then sipped her glass of water. She stroked his cheek. "Why don't we visit him together?"
Thomas meekly nodded, “okay, I’ll come but we did argue yesterday so I’m not sure if he’s still mad”, he told his mum whilst getting some shoes on.
"You guys are acting like an old married couple..." she laughed quietly, and then put her sweater over her bare shoulders "Don't be afraid.... There's no such thing as a quarrel after which you haven't talked. Unless it's about betrayal," she replied slightly amused. She knew what she was saying. She was a lawyer by profession.
Thomas nodded, listening to his mother. “Let’s go now”, he said, opening the front door. He waited for his mum to knock on the door not wanting the family to know how much he cared.
A woman knocked on the door. Clara opened rather quickly. She sent them a worried look.
"Thank you for coming.... Come in," she invited them inside. However, she led them into the living room. "The doctor is still attending to Nolan.... The poor guy must have caught a cold when you were at that sea."
“Oh no”, Thomas said, frowning, “it was so hot out aswell”. He wondered how it happened, he didn’t think someone could catch something so easily.
"We have air conditioning in the house.... Maybe that was the reason" she explained and sighed "We don't blame you Thomas, it's not your fault" she assured him
He nodded, “can we visit him when the doctor leaves?”, he asked, “we did argue yeatuday and I want to say sorry”.
The woman nodded.
"Sure... But I don't know how much longer it will take. Why don't I make you some tea?" she offered
“Yes please”, Thomas said, sitting down on the couch. He wondered how long the doctor would be and if Nolan would even want to see him. Would he be too ill to care or would he be kicked out?
Clara returned with mugs of tea just as the doctor came down to the first floor. He approached them.
"I hooked up his IV. I prescribed a safe antibiotic for him and the baby.... Do warm compresses for him. If he gets worse, please call an ambulance."
Thomas felt himself get upset, he didn’t think it was that bad. He looked over at Clara, expecting hee to go up and see Nolan before him.
Clara nodded and talked with the doctor for a while longer. Finally, the doctor left.
"I'll take a quick look at Nolan and invite you to visit him right away," she said.
“Okay, thank you”, Thomas said, sitting and waiting. It felt like she’s had passed beofre she came heck out.
Clara descended after five minutes to them back.
"You can go, he's a little weak, but he's not sleeping," she replied and invited them up to the floor.
Thomas nodded and entered, seeing Nolan laid on the bed made him feel awful. He approached him and sat down on a chair nearby, “I’m sorry”, he muttered.
Nolan looked at him with slightly flushed cheeks. He had a slight fever. He sneezed quietly.
"I'm not angry anymore," he finally said and wrapped the blanket tighter around himself.
“Okay, I’m glad”, Thomas said. He watched as Nolan wrapped the blanket around himself, “are you cold?”