Closed You Belong To Me
Nolan frowned slightly.
"Yes... It's a pretty serious cold. I have all the symptoms," he explained and sneezed again. "You'll get infected if you sit this close."
“I won’t, my immune system is strong”, Thomas replied, “I’m never ill”. He sat there waiting for Nolan to stop sneezing before noticing he had no tissues near him. He got ul amd grabbed a box, putting it on his bed, in reach.
Nolan thanked him quietly. He reached for another handkerchief. Thomas's mother sat down on the other side of the bed.
"Can I touch it?" she asked Nolan and, with his permission, touched his tummy "It's already so big..."
Thomas moved back, not wanting to get in the way. It was cute, the bond that the mother and son shared, it was similar to Thomas and his mother. Apart from the fact that Thomas isn’t and would never be pregnant. He smiled at them before deciding they would want privacy and heading towards the door.
"Are you disgusted with me?" came a sudden question from Nolan's mouth toward Thomas. Everyone in the room froze in stillness. "Are you disgusted that my body is different during pregnancy? That I have a big belly, breasts?" he added, with small tears in his eyes.
Thomas sighed, turning around. “Not this again please”, he begged, “I was just giving you privacy, like I was yesterday”. He walked back in the room and put his hand on the bump, rubbing it soothingly, “see, I don’t find it disgusting”.
Nolan looked at him, wiping tears from his eyes. Then he smiled slightly as he stroked his round belly.
"I thought you were treating me differently.... Because I'm pregnant," he confessed quietly, then grabbed his hand lightly "You're a good friend, Thomas."
“Thank you Nolan,” Thomas said, holding onto his friends hand. Well he assumed they were friends again but he didn’t dare ask. He sat back down on the seat and took his hand off of Nolan’s bump, he had forgotten it was there.
Nolan sneezed again. His mother covered him with another blanket. She asked Thomas and his mother to watch Nolan for a while. She had to go to the pharmacy to get medicine for him.
They nodded and agreed, sitting around and chatting. “Nolan, what are you going to do when you’re older?”, Thomas asked, curious, “like job wise”.
Thomas' mother threw him a serious look. It was not a comfortable topic in this situation. But Nolan replied.
"I'm not sure... For now, I want to carry the pregnancy and give birth to a healthy baby," he replied, stroking his bump
He nodded, that sounded fair enough. Just focusing on what would change his life the most. Thomas have Nolan a smile, “that’s nice”, he said.
Nolan smiled slightly.
"Maybe after I give birth I'll go back to college.... But I'm not sure yet," he explained and looked at the bedside table, "Will you hand me a tissue?"
Thomas leant over and grabbed a tissue, passing it to Nolan. Thomas felt a bit awkward with his mother in the room, listening in on them. He wasn’t really sure what to say.
Nolan looked at the neighbor of the game wiped his nose with a handkerchief. He smiled slightly.
"Will you come tomorrow? I'll be bored. Just sit here. You can work on credits at my desk."
Thomas briefly thought about it before agreeing, “sure, I have some work to do”, he said, smiling. “You should really play with your Xbox more often, it’ll stop you from being bored.”
"And what do you think I've been doing for the last few months?" he asked somewhat amused "I don't have anything to play anymore" he added and turned to the other side
“No clue”, Thomas shrugged, “I assumed you were always with thingy”, he was referring to Nolan’s ex boyfriend - the reason they stopped being friends. “Play a game with me”.
To be honest, Nolan knew what Thomas was referring to, but he didn't want to think about his asshole ex-boyfriend at the moment "Bring some cool games then I'll think about this proposal."
Thomas chuckled, “okay deal”, he said, looking up as Nolan’s mother came back with the medicine. He smiled at the older woman before standing up and stretching, “I think it’s best we go”, he said, looking at his own mother.