I'm just sayin...
the non-english speaking thing is also something to consider. while english is most certainly the most used language on the internet, native english speakers are actually a minority. i learned english in school but it's just basic stuff, i didn't grow up speaking english so i'll never know for sure how natural my choice of words is.

my browser isn't set to english so it has red lines everywhere, but if i need to make sure something is spelled correctly i just type it in google.
I usually take that into consideration, and sometimes it's easy to tell when someone is not used to speaking or typing in English and is using Google Translate. That I can forgive. I am slowly learning myself that I have absolutely no ability to learn another language, so I understand the difficulty.

But I have come across people who know English as their first language, and for some reason either can't be bothered or they think their story is exempt for some reason.

I have a rant about this on my Deviantart page...

I once edited a story for someone on Deviantart, and when I sent it back, he went around telling people in the comments that I had edited it to "how he (meaning me) wanted it" and how he didn't think it mattered. And I flat out asked him if he grew up with another language as his first language, and he told me that he was American, he knows English good, and he doesn't get what the big deal was and why mean people like me are trolling his story page.

Pfft. That's when I put up the rant.

I apologize for that the run on sentance, by the way.

EDIT: Found the story I was talking about. If you want a laugh (or a headache) click here.
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com
Another thing that bugs, me is people wo use script in a roleplay thread where the poster obviously intends it to be literate. I've seen (and been a poster guilty of this) a few posters just quit a thread due to lack of intelligently written reply.
If yhe original post is fully literate, follow suit. Is it rocket science?
 No longer RP Active 
Going straight down to hell when I die. 

I hate it when people switch from third to first person. I've seen interactive stories and roleplays where the OP specifically states "only post in third person", but you'll find a whole slew of replies from people who think this rule doesn't apply to them.

Really?

It makes my control issues... twitchy. I don't know if that is a thing. It just sounded right in my head.
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com
Exclamation 
It makes me twitchy too!
Every time this happens to me I have to remind myself not to reply with an Error message like:
FORMATTING UNACCEPTABLE. ENTER NEW AND PROPER DOCUMENT TEXT FOR POSTER REPLY.
I have forgotten to remind myself on occasion, and it scares people in another roleplay forum I administrate for a friend of mine.
The funny thing is sometimes people don't learn what they're doing to drive off partners even when its kindly explained.
 No longer RP Active 

Inability to pay attention to, acknowledge, and replicate your partner's thread format is EXACTLY why I will drop a thread with someone.
It's happened to me on Tumblr, and WOW is it annoying!
It's standard goshdarn RP format, has been around for years upon years, and is still being used as the predominant format of RP.
Not rocket science.
Reading comprehension is A Thing, too. As in, read your partner's ENTIRE bio, READ their info pages, they typed them out for a reason! I just started an RP with someone who not only uses the wrong 'your/you're', improper punctuation, and can't seem to remember that capitalization exists, but completely ignored my RP proposal bio in favor of something I said I would NOT RP. I'd rather write with someone who also wants to WRITE, with actual plot and character development, not 'write' with someone who's half-assing and derailing it onto their own set of tracks, just to get to the juicy bits.
Amen Kattan!
I can't stand when people can't comprehend the idea of "I don't want to RP this" or who ignore trigger warnings.
On the forums I admin, ignoring trigger warnings gets you a temprary suspension from posting, as does the infamous GODMOD RP partner.
Godmods are the worst. If I reply in thrid person about my character only, and say you only control your character, you do not control my character. If its a major event, like traffic crashes, earthquakes, that's understandable, but it bugs me when people godmod and destroy my characters.
My characters are my babies. You don't take them from me unless I say its okay. This is a rule I follow with my partners.
Also, Kattan, your icon is adorable! :3
 No longer RP Active 

Thank you Redbane!
I really hope I don't run into any godmods here. I came here because I have to hide my interest in this with all but one of my partners, and I'd love to RP with more people, but the demographic is kinda... off.
RP is supposed to be fun, and it's no longer fun when your partner takes control of the entire thing just because THEY want THIS to happen.
Read.
The.
Entire.
RP bio.
Or you can bet your little booty I'm dropping you.
There is godmodding here. It is another reason I won't RP here. Another BIG reason.
Sometimes, the world is cruel to shiny things...
Okay, someone explain to me what exactly Godmodding is?
---            

Godmodding is basically when you decide EVERYTHING for your own character and others in the RP.

It sort of happened to me once before and created a rift between my character and his friend, because the player of the friend's boyfriend completely horned in on everything and basically controlled the friend's every move. It made my character's interacting with the friend very difficult and frustrated both me -because the player was annoying and nosy and jealous- and my character -because his BFF was no longer spending time with him- and just made us both grumpy as all hell.

So yeah. Godmodding is a bunch of doody.
God modding and meta gaming will immediately earn you a boot in my book.
The person who was doing it in that instance didn't get booted, but wound up leaving to start her own game -- And took a bunch of her friends with her, including my character's friend's player. It was sad for my character, who'd had a really good relationship with his friend.
Ohhh meta gaming is the death of me! (I admit to having done it a few times when I was still a newb, but luckily I learn quick) Meta gaming and the attention mongers who post things like (I'm afraid I'm quoting my friend's forum):
"OMG liek why you igrone mii? *hashtagg saaaadfaceee* "
"*dies*" [from being ignored]
and, the dreadedly common:
*pushes and screams*

I can't stand when that last one comes up and I have flat out said "No, you have to do better than that" sometimes.
 No longer RP Active 

(02-21-2014, 01:36 AM)Redbane Wrote: Ohhh meta gaming is the death of me! (I admit to having done it a few times when I was still a newb, but luckily I learn quick) Meta gaming and the attention mongers who post things like (I'm afraid I'm quoting my friend's forum):
"OMG liek why you igrone mii? *hashtagg saaaadfaceee* "
"*dies*" [from being ignored]
and, the dreadedly common:
*pushes and screams*

I can't stand when that last one comes up and I have flat out said "No, you have to do better than that" sometimes.

I also greatly dislike being hounded for replies.
"DO THE THING NAO!!!!!!!" is going to make me put our thread on the back burner indefinitely. It's incredibly rude, and tells me you give absolutely 0 shits about if I dare to have a life offline.
I'm hoping to become employed by Monday, and while I have a plot started, I'll need update my availability on my bio soon, and cross my fingers that people will READ it.

amen, yo. i write and spell 10x better than both my peers and family and friends. bchan's initial comment about not caring about spelling is a great representation of why the majority of today's generation [and perhaps even the ones before it] are illiterate.

today's generation: what with spellcheck and autocorrect, who needs to know how to spell?

previous generation: booksmarts will get you nowhere in this world. manual labor, getting your hands dirty? that's what pays off.

hell, my parents are of that last opinion there, so you can imagine how they feel about my aspiring to be a writer. in public school, i was bullied for reading books and writing in my journal.

good grammar is the difference between knowing you're shit and your shit.

as for the powerplaying issue, i'm a big enough girl to politely [ahurr] remind whoever i'm roleplaying with who's playing who. apparently i'm an arrogant nitch, but hey, honesty's a virtue, yo.
[Image: c9o2.png]
yes, my lesbian lover makes pretty art. want some? here.
personal property of pmsingtiger,
please return me if found wandering the forums for pregnant ass.
thanks in advance, yo.
(02-21-2014, 02:20 AM)mariah?! Wrote:
amen, yo. i write and spell 10x better than both my peers and family and friends. bchan's initial comment about not caring about spelling is a great representation of why the majority of today's generation [and perhaps even the ones before it] are illiterate.

today's generation: what with spellcheck and autocorrect, who needs to know how to spell?

previous generation: booksmarts will get you nowhere in this world. manual labor, getting your hands dirty? that's what pays off.

hell, my parents are of that last opinion there, so you can imagine how they feel about my aspiring to be a writer. in public school, i was bullied for reading books and writing in my journal.

good grammar is the difference between knowing you're shit and your shit.

as for the powerplaying issue, i'm a big enough girl to politely [ahurr] remind whoever i'm roleplaying with who's playing who. apparently i'm an arrogant nitch, but hey, honesty's a virtue, yo.

I've been called less than polite names in the past for being assertive about ME writing for MY character, but nowadays, the assertiveness is returning.
I take a lot of time, and put a lot of effort into creating my original characters, I am the only person who gets to write for them unless given my explicit permission.
Hell, even in fandom RP, I put elaborate headcanon into my muses, and they're still of my own thoughts and design, don't friggin write MY characters for me. Some Pacific Rim OC did that to me on one of my RP blogs, I ended up just not replying to their crap anymore. My character's thoughts and emotions are written by me, thank you very much.

it makes me laugh that anyone could ever hope to know my characters better than me. my sick, twisted characters ..
thanks in advance, yo.
(02-21-2014, 02:38 AM)mariah?! Wrote:
it makes me laugh that anyone could ever hope to know my characters better than me. my sick, twisted characters ..

Oh, so much same. I tend to put realism into my characters in the way of invisible disabilities and mental disorders (the kind that ISN'T RPed like a 14 year old on deviantart), things that make a character, but aren't easily seen.
So, keep your greasy mitts off my children, please.
(02-21-2014, 02:40 AM)Kattan Wrote: Oh, so much same. I tend to put realism into my characters in the way of invisible disabilities and mental disorders (the kind that ISN'T RPed like a 14 year old on deviantart), things that make a character, but aren't easily seen.
So, keep your greasy mitts off my children, please.

i <3 this.
thanks in advance, yo.