Jeremy
"It's going to be a waste of time. They're probably going to say that I ate something that isn't sitting well with me, then they'll send me home. I already know that's going to happen." He said fidgeting in the back seat trying to get himself comfortable.
They arrive home, and she carefully helps him to the couch. She brings a couple of antacids and a glass of ginger ale. "Try this."
Jeremey takes both tablets at once and then sips on the ginger ale until it was finished."Hopefully that works" he smiled, trying to think positively. Jeremy was beginning to get a little bloated, and his large stomach was now starting to resemble quite a belly. Now he was more uncomfortable than before, but didn't want to arise any suspicion with Amanda. "Mom, let's say we were to go to the doctor...What would they do?" he asked casually.
"It depends. Probably with this much bloating, an ultrasound, and maybe a scan. They'd definitely palpate, you know, pressing around on your belly, asking where it hurts. They would draw blood work too. After that, it just depends what those tests show," she explained calmly. "Where does it hurt? Show me."
"All over" Jeremy said not really wanting to get into too much detail. After all, Amanda was his mother. He put both of his hands on "It's kind of...low." he said trailing off. "I don't know...I just...I feel...funny." he continued. "I feel really really fat." he said not seeing the irony in what he just said.
His mom places a hand on his lower abdomen. "It feels tight, but nothing obviously wrong." she says, a little worry in her voice. "Anything I can do to help?"
"Just sit with me, please" he said no knowing what to do at this point. Another few minutes passed, and unbeknownst to Jeremy the baby kicked his bladder quite forcefully. "I'll be right back, Mom, I'm just going to go to the bathroom." he said. It took Jeremy a minute to get up and get himself situated to head to the toilet. He was in the bathroom for quite some time trying to pee. He even tried to relieve his hard penis, but he sadly stayed erect. Jeremy walked out of the bathroom looking rounder than ever...like he was about to pop or something.
"Honey? You look worse, you're so pale!" she said concerned.
"I think I want to go to the hospital." he said quietly. Jeremy moved very slowly across the room. He took one step at a time he was so uncomfortable. "My stomach is starting to hurt again." he added.
"Ok, let's go," she says grabbing her purse and walking him slowly to the car. She helps him lie down in the back seat. "Try to stay calm," she said, getting in the driver's seat.
"Ok, I think I'll be alright. But you're right...we should make sure just in case." he said. Jeremy was not comfortable at all in the back seat of his Mom's SUV. No matter what position he was in, he felt cramped. Jeremy was starting to mildly sweat at this point.
"Hang on baby, I'm going as fast as I safely can," she reaches back to hold his hand.
Jeremy reached out his clammy hand and grabbed Amanda's. "Mom, I don't feel so good." he said starting to feel some new sensations. He was feeling some pressure build up in his rear end, but didn't think anything of it. He was too concerned about how his stomach felt.
"Do you need me to pull over and check you out?" she asks, looking in her rearview mirror.
"No" he said wondering what 'checking' him out meant. "I'll be fine...I'd rather get to the hospital quicker than stop." Jeremy concluded, seeing that Amanda was about to stop at yet another red light.
"Are you sure? I would know if it was your appendix or something, I don't know as much as a doctor, but I know what some things feel like," she looks back, seeing her son in agony. The light changes, and she drives ahead.
"I'm fine, Mom." he said shortly. Another few minutes passed, and Jeremy was visibly not doing well. However, there was a slight moment of relief for him. Then then winced and fidgeted in his seat some more. "Mom, I need to go to the bathroom." he said as calm as he could.
"Ok," she says pulling over. "Can you can get up?" she asked, a look of concern on her face.
"I don't know...I don't think so, but I can try." Jeremy said struggling to change his position in the back seat. "I really need to go." he said with a mildly urgent look on his face, though trying to keep his composure.
"Ok," she helps him sit up. "Think you can walk to that tree?" she points about 5 yards away.