I'm....what?!
Jace chuckled softly and put the remote down "I'm just too good for you" he grinned cheekily

"Clearly out of my league, man," Max was glad that his friend had lightened up a bit. "You'll be fine, you know that, right?"
Jace sighed and looked at the tv blankly "How do you know that?" He said quietly

"Because I know you better than anyone else. You made it through all that weird drama with our friends in high school. You made it through living with that jackass freshman year, thus is nothing compared to that. All you have to do is take it easy and you'll do well."
Jace shook his head "This is different, if I screw up this time it's not just me that can fall, this baby can too, there is someone else involved. If I get damaged, they do too" hr said softly

"And when have you were ever 'damaged'?" Max smiled at how paranoid Jace was. "You'll be extra careful, I know. You'll take great care of yourself and it'll be a totally smooth pregnancy."
Jace sighed and curled in on himself "I suppose you're right..." He said quietly biting his lip

"No, you know I'm right. Come on," Max pulled Jace into a big bear hug.
Jace wrapped his arms tightly around him tucking his face into him sighing

"If you ever need anything in the coming months, you just let me know, okay? I'm here for you."
Jace nodded a little "Okay. I will" he said quietly holding onto him tightly

"Are you going to try and find the..." Max didn't know what to call the other parent. Was he the father, or the mother? This sort of stuff hadn't been around long enough for terms to settle in. "...other parent?"
Jace but his lip shaking his head "No. I don't even remember his name or anything anyway so I wouldn't be able to find out" he said shrugging a little

"Oh...well that's okay. You won't need him. And you'll have me for anything you want," Max gave him a reassuring smile.
Jace smiled a little at him "Thank you" he said quietly hugging onto him tightly

"Any time, Jace. Any time," Max put a hand behind his friend's head.
Jace pulled back a little smiling at him gently

"Hey, I hate to do this, but it's starting to get late..." Max said as he looked at Jace. "We'll hang out a bunch over the coming months though, don't worry..." Max needed to go, but something about the way Jace was looking at him made him hesitant.
Jace looked down a little before plastering a smile on his face "That's fine. I'll see you later then?" He said getting up, he didn't really want to be alone right now but he wasn't going to stop him from leaving

"Of course! Call me whenever you need me," Max said as he started to shuffle towards the door.

(Time skip? I don't know where else to go with this scene but I'll leave time progression up to you.)