Once in a lifetime
Chris gently squeezes Wake's hand as the contractions continue to course through him. He does find his attention moving along Wake's body to where the child was emerging.
A cracked of lightening, followed by booming thunder, added to another wave of contractions, causing Wake to push again. His child moved so that shoulders were breachin and the rain washed away the fluid covering the babe, revealing a tuft of purple hair and pale, slightly pink, baby skin. As his contractions settled a moment, Wake turned is attention to the child. One more push should do it, then he would be able to hold his child in his arms.
Chris looked around for somewhere out of the rain, it wasn't really smart for them to be the only things on the beach with it lightning out.
Wake felt another wave of contractions and drew in a deep breath, pushing with all his might. With a slide, his child, a little girl with a light purple tail, that would grow and mature with age, slide into the sand, and he let go of Chris's hand. He reached down picking up his child, as the babe moved and gave a wail to fill her lungs for the first time. He was so tired now but she was finally here. He held her close, kissing her forehead," Hello my little Current." He then looked at the human," I owe you a great deal,Human. What is your name?"
"Christian" Chris watches the merman with the newborn, her screams being high pitched in tone as well.
( you mind lactation?)

Wake nodd3d, then looked t the sea, the waved crashing against the sand were to violent for him to power through with a weak body and a child. He turned his attention back to Chris, "My name is Wake. Are you willing to house us until the storm passes. The sea is to curl for my child right now."
(Not at all)

Chris looks at him before nodding slowly. He moved to pick Wake up before beginning the trek back to his home. It took them nearly 10 minutes of walking down the beach before finally reaching Christian's home, him carrying Wake and the child inside and upstairs to the bathtub.
Wake held his child close as Chris lifted him up. His tail hang over the others arm, only about a foot from the geound. He paid no mind to the rain, silent ad they moved. He did not speak again until they were set down and he had settled Currebt, who was whining in hunger. He shifted her and she latched onto a nippled, his breast swollen slightly with milk. As he nursed, he looked up at the human, " We owe you a great deal, Chris. Most humans would not be as level headed as yourself."
"I'm a lifeguard, I have to be" Chris turns on the warm water, making the water lukewarm as he lets the tub fill with just a bit of water. "Is there anything I could get you?"
Wake shook his heah, as he looked down at his child with a soft smile," No." He then looked back at Chris," I believe you might have some questions yes? This must be a shock for you, Guard of Life."
"I think I might have most of it figured out by now." As a boom of thunder shakes the house the lights flicker for a moment but manage to stay on.
Current whimper against his breast the small child falling to sleep as she nursed. Wake chuckled as he nuzzled his child and settled back against the tub, " My child had picked quite a time to come into this world, it would seem."
"Yes it would" Chris leans against the tub as they wait out the storm. Chris eventually allows Wake to rest, regaining his energy from the birth. Earlier the next morning he carried the merman back out to the sea before the beach goers arrived.

For the next year Chris did not see Wake, he didn't think he would see him again until he comes out onto his patio late one evening to find a heavily pregnant Wake laying on the sand. There was a rather brutal storm the night before which might have contributed to Wake being washed onto the beach. What did catch Chris' attention was Current, the child shaking her father in an attempt to wake him up.
Current was frantic as she shook her mother. He would not wake no matter what she tried. Her purple hair was tangled and her purple tail, not with a hue of gold along the fins. She stopped when she heard someone and looked over. Eyes widening when she saw the human, and she clung to Wake," Please don't hurt us! Momma won't wake up and..and", she then started to cry, hiding her face in Wakes long hair.
Chris approaches them slowly before kneeling down beside the child before lightly brushing his hand over the little girls hair. "It's okay sweetheart, I'm not going to hurt you" Chris then brushes his fingers along Wake's cheek before looking back at Current. "How about we get your momma inside and see if we can wake him up huh?"
( mind if I throw a little magic in and add human legs?)
(Yeah, sure, anything you want to add is fine)
As Wake was picked up, Current shifted. Her tail shifting into human legs, wrapped in a veil of purple and gold. She stood up and followed after them, grabbing hold of her mother's tail to keep up and keep balance," You a friend of momma?"
"Yeah, I was actually there when you were born" Chris carries Wake upstairs before running some water in the tub and carefully laying Wake down in the tub.
Current looked up at the human, not knowing his name, and nodded, peering over the side of the tub to look at her sleeping mother. She then looked up at Chris, "Will momma be alright? Are you my papa?"