Open A Little Slice of Paradise
"Good to know, cause I can't swim", Navana replied half playful, half serious. "I sink like a rock, otherwise I would've been gone from here long ago".

Navana bit his lower lip as he shook his head rapidly an tried to dissuade Ryan's comment. "I have nothing at all that would be interesting, I swear".

He also made a mental note to hide some of his more personal belongings and to lock his door.

He eyed everything Ryan showed him carefully. It was beautiful and Navana wondered how he had ignored it all for so long.

He found himself petting a colt and nearly cooing at the fluffly little chicks, as well as nearly being flogged by their mother.

"You have someone who comes over to help on the weekends?" He was curious. Was this farmhand another one of Ryan's friends like the piano guy?

He then found himself distracted by a hatch that contained four spotted little rabbits and his heart melted.

"Bunnies! I didn't know there were bunnies on this island".

Navana reached in and picked up the surprisingly docile animal, cooing over its oink ears and nose and marveling at how soft the brown spotted white fur was.

Maybe these were being raised as pets. That's usually what small rabbits were raised for, wasn't it? Well, one thing Navana was sure of, was that he planned on visiting more often now, he secretly; though not so much secretly now, loved cute things and animals.

(Yup, except its so freaking hot here this summer...pfft sorry lame attempt at a joke, though I'm serious about the heat.)
(Redid my post, could you go ahead and look it over? By the way, sorry for posting when it's not my turn to do so.)
pregnancy is a beautiful thing, though fleeting it can bring one comfort to know they are giving new life in a world where things die all the time. They are in control of something truly important... whereas some of the choices we make on a daily basis are trivial; In a universe so vast this seems like nothing, but this small little thing can make a huge impact... right? We often leave our fates to gods, ones we don't even know exist at all... but creation is the closest thing to being one. Doesn't that in a way make us our own type of god?
(I know the feeling of heat. It's been hot in this state I've been living in -Southern State- as well. I suppose that's why I prefer any form of winter XD)

"Yea," he responded. "They usually drive down here for a personal getaway every once in a while too, but they've had no such luck as of late as him and his husband have got to work on their family. Neither could decide and got greedy, so they're both experiencing those problems."

He noticed the male was enjoying himself with the farm animals. He was about to advise caution against the Hen, but Navana got the message. What caught Ryan by surprise though was that the male loved the animals. He didn't take Navana for such the figure. Then again, he was stubborn close to an hour ago, but was seemingly coming around.

"Yea, we have almost every animal here," he responded. "From the lovely rabbits and dogs to the deers and pests and of course their predators."

What place wasn't complete without those? "If you're ever interested in hunting, I do so every winter with a few friends too, but..."

As if on time, his phone went off, the alarm beeping to inform him that their brownies were nearing completion.

"We should head back though. It's better to get a good view in the morning after all."

He helped Navana put everything back as it were with the rabbits and they were back inside the house, though he casually took his time with walking back. It was enough time to be back without their brownies burning though there was nothing wrong with it being a little crisp around the edges. He waited for close to thirty minutes later to let them cool down before serving them with the ice cream and on top of it, made decaf coffee with mix with flavored coffee cream and some rum for them both.

"Here ya go," he stated, serving Navana his before tending to himself.

(@Loves: Want me to respond or Cerulean? o w o)
(No, not unless you want to.)
pregnancy is a beautiful thing, though fleeting it can bring one comfort to know they are giving new life in a world where things die all the time. They are in control of something truly important... whereas some of the choices we make on a daily basis are trivial; In a universe so vast this seems like nothing, but this small little thing can make a huge impact... right? We often leave our fates to gods, ones we don't even know exist at all... but creation is the closest thing to being one. Doesn't that in a way make us our own type of god?
(Sorry for the late post, got a bit busy)

Navana didn't really want to leave the animals, but brownies awaited, so he pulled himself away. Promising them, when Ryan was out of ear shot of course, that he'd come visit again.

"I don't think I'd have in me to hunt", he admitted as they walked back. "I'll eat the meat, but... I don't know, I can't hunt. Does that make me a hypocrite?" He wondered aloud.

He savored the treat and the coffee, though he preferred caffeinated himself, it was delicious with the sweetness of the brownies and ice cream. "Why do you have decaf? Is it cause you can't drink caffeine or where you preparing for the future?" Navana hoped he sounded more causal then suspicious, but he he couldn't really help himself.

"Do you really want kids, so much?"
"Everyone usually don't," he said. "But, I've had these rifles for a while. I may as well found a use for them."

He finished what was before him, but chuckled. "No, I prefer caffeine, but it's late at night. Unless I'm doing something I don't know about."

That came off a bit flirtatious, but he saw how Navana had acted. The male liked to play tough, but hopefully Ryan wasn't going into misreading some of the things that transpired so far. That was when the question was asked. Ryan noticed the difference. The male before him seemed more content and relaxed as opposed to reluctant from well over several hours ago.

"Well," he stated. "It might not seem like a huge idea to you, but most of the reason I really went this far out is for me to prepare for such a thing. A wife, well husband now and our children. I put in some effort, I may as well see what it's like to raise a child with someone even if I may have to be the one to do so."

He glanced at Navana a bit deeply. "Haven't you ever wondered what that would be like, having someone you could leave something behind to?"

He explained how being in the military partially changed him.

"Not a lot of them get to come back, knowing they made those kind of plans only for them to not come true."

(No worries.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  O Pregnancy in Paradise. A resort for the expecting Joan34 43 8,865 11-29-2019, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  Paradise for the heavily pregnant (open to all) Pregnant616 2 1,025 11-12-2017, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Pregali64
  Island Paradise (OPEN) Pregluvr 33 11,749 04-10-2017, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Animefan22
  C Forgotten Paradise (closed w/ bhdire8) SierraHigh 163 19,390 12-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Last Post: bhdire8