Arranged marriage. (DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes.)
Thorontur Erumollien had lived for many years, a son of one of the High Elves and he was found to be a skilled warrior, a just king, and a master of the arts, he had been crowned two decades past after his father's death. He looked at his council, his cousin, Beriadan, at his side as his council consulted with each other as well as himself as to what their next course of action should be.

"And you are certain there are no alternatives?" He asked, his pale eyes meeting his kin's, Beriadan sighed and shook his head.

"I wish it were not so, your majesty, but we have lost enough." Erumollien closed his eyes and sighed.
"Indeed, many of us Fade due to our losses and many still had to be burnt on pyres so their souls may be granted peace." The high king agreed to his kinsman, though he did not like the fact that he had to marry a whelp.
"We may have gotten the upper hand," Lady Mellimeldisiel had stated, voice holding exhaustion, "but I had lost a son of mine already to this war. No parent should ever bury their child." The king wholeheartedly agreed.
"We shall attempt to do our best to make your union as bearable as possible, if you so wish." Erumollien shook his head at his council.
"I had made my bed to lie upon, this war had spilt many an elvish blood and I seek to put a stop to that." He was weary but he did not make it evident in his appearance.

When the council had been adjourned, he walked with his cousin as they discussed what their preparations must be for their union. He was only half listening as his cousin spoke, most of his attention had fallen to his thoughts of possible hope for his people.
"Do you suppose our people will no longer suffer?" He heard his cousin sigh.
"Cousin, our people's grief will change to anger at such a union. A High Elvenking to be wed to another that does not share our blood is an insult to your strength and nobility." Erumollien sighed, the High Elves put him on too high a regard that lest you be a High Elven nobleman, they do not consider one close enough to be worthy of speaking to.
"So I replace their suffering with anger, and if an assassination is to take place due to my spouse?" He retorted, his cousin looked at him before shrugging.
"I know not what you shall do, but you either protect your intended or let him be."

Erumollien slept a dreamless sleep that night and he was grateful for he did not wish to see what horrors his mind held for him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arranged marriage.(DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes.) - by DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes - 07-12-2017, 07:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,380 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  Tales of Alvaros (Closed w/DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes) Klayko 5 1,368 07-28-2017, 04:30 PM
Last Post: DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes
  The Elf and the Woman (Closed With DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes) NoahLove 17 2,349 07-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Last Post: DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes
  C A Traditional Marriage (Closed with gre-y) BarefootAndPregnant 48 7,265 08-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Last Post: BarefootAndPregnant
  C The arranged marriage. (Closed with earl_grey.) RelicDevachi 54 12,459 03-23-2016, 01:22 AM
Last Post: RelicDevachi
  An Elven-Human Marriage (Closed with DragonKnight) EnamelEyes 439 119,399 04-12-2015, 02:45 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight