Arranged marriage. (DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes.)
Having adjourned court, Beriadan waved away the High council and spoke to some guards, he was approached by the Dwarvenking, his consort and children and he had invited the Dwarf king to visit his cousin with him. They had instead answered that they shall visit when the king awakens, though the Crown Prince had asked permission to visit him now and the High Lord readily agreed.

He did not expect to see his cousin's intended in his cousin's chamber.

"Were you permitted to enter here?" He spoke lowly, his pale eyes flashing dangerously. "I do not recall hearing the mind healers speaking of your right in here."

He disapproved of the union, but he realised he would have blessed it if he had seen this...boy act as how his cousin's consort should. In their culture, it was customary to aid their better half through anything and the fact that this child did not even know of the king's suffering when he was just one door away was the gravest of mistakes.

"Do you think that in staying here, you would have my blessing? The High council's? My cousin's affections?" He hissed, he felt the dwarf child press closer to him and he sighed, forcing a neutral expression on his face.

"Tell me, Tristan-King, why you think you would have the right to be near my cousin, my sword brother, when you fail to hear his cries. You are but a mere twenty three seasons, we have reached past theee digits. You hold the hand of one that had seen an age pass, his mother fading in front of him, his father dead and his siblings murdered, yet you hold him as if he means treasures and wonders to you." He spoke with not a single inflection, but the question was there.

Nudging the dwarf child, the crown prince approached the bed of his godfather before tapping his godfather's nose and pressing his forehead against the Elvenking's.

"May the stone father bless you with your mind and heart clear of pain and sorrow." The child murmured before running out the room.

A still silence filled the room as Beriadan sat calmly beside his cousin, humming a lullaby as he carefully plaited his cousin's hair so it may not get into his face, chiding the unconscious figure for carelessly shoving his hair into a simple bun, using their people's tongue as he sought to ignore the presence of the younger king.

He knew it would be cruel, but what would this boy know of how a High Elf's heart worked? Their hearts were too carefully melded together, and he had formed a deep bond with his cousin. Everything his cousin feels emotionally, he would have an inkling, it was not deep like that of a heart's bond but at least he had a faint idea of how his cousin felt. And if the pain in his heart was strong enough to leave the High Lord breathless, then he cannot imagine it amplified by three hundred fold which was how his cousin felt as of that moment.

"A High Elf's grief burns and stabs, we bleed and break and when all else fails, we attempt to return to dust." It was his Uncle's words to him when his Uncle explained his mother's passing. Beriadan never forgot those words and those words he repeated now as he gazed upon his cousin's slumbering form. "Why do you care for him when you were deaf and blind to his eyes and cries?" He asked again, voice barely above a whisper now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arranged marriage.(DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes.) - by DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes - 07-14-2017, 05:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,388 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  Tales of Alvaros (Closed w/DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes) Klayko 5 1,368 07-28-2017, 04:30 PM
Last Post: DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes
  The Elf and the Woman (Closed With DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes) NoahLove 17 2,350 07-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Last Post: DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes
  C A Traditional Marriage (Closed with gre-y) BarefootAndPregnant 48 7,268 08-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Last Post: BarefootAndPregnant
  C The arranged marriage. (Closed with earl_grey.) RelicDevachi 54 12,465 03-23-2016, 01:22 AM
Last Post: RelicDevachi
  An Elven-Human Marriage (Closed with DragonKnight) EnamelEyes 439 119,414 04-12-2015, 02:45 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight