Arranged marriage. (DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes.)
Unsure what else to do, Beriadan wove in some gems that often adorned the king when he walked about his halls. Then the High Lord turned sharply to face his cousin's intended.

"I shall do this for my cousin so he may know you know an inkling of how he feels everyday of his life since he lost his family." He stated shortly, "The bond I share with him gives me one clue on how he feels everyday. I do not feel everything but increase it by three hundred fold and I shall be a weak man in front of my cousin."

He still had reservations about the self pitying creature in front of him, he scoffed at the hope in the younger King's eyes. A healing rest was required, was he truly expecting his cousin to wake when none had given him comfort. Granted, he was partly to blame, but he was not even near enough to offer strength and comfort, he cannot be fast enough to be a balm to his cousin's grief.

He got up from where he sat and gave a gentle pat to his cousin's head before he made his way over to the younger male. Taking hold of Tristan's face, he inhaled sharply before he pressed his forehead against the younger King's. There he pushed all his cousin's heartache into the man, cursing and hissing as he felt the Lance of grief strike him repeatedly. He shivered at the breath taking pain, and he knew that that was only a small portion for his cousin. This was all he could feel through his bond and he cannot go deeper lest it be a heart's bond.

Jerking his head away from the younger king, he gasped and took in lungfuls of air as he placed a hand to his chest, focusing on its beating. Sharing what one felt in a bond amplified it tenfold and even he knew that such a pain was just nothing to the bearer. He shot a weak glare at the king's intended before shakily reaching for his cousin's hand.

"Imagine dealing with such a pain three hundredfold for several years that had been nothing but a very long days to my people." He hissed, unable to speak gently as he regained a steady voice, he wanted to attempt to show this boy what his cousin had gone through, his cousin who had fought in wars, judged fairly, cared deeply and even opened his arms to those who could not have been friends in a time long past. "Waking every sunrise to grief and pain while keeping a mask that would fool most anyone that all is well." He shook his head, "You wish to learn to care for him? Then seek out the ones who do."

Without another word, he stumbled out his cousin's chambers, calling for a healer so he may ask for a sleeping tonic. He despised himself for sharing his cousin's pain to one who may never understand but he damn well knew that someone should know what his pain was. Beriadan was a weak balm and he was still trying to find that heart's bond for his cousin who can offer succour to his cousin's pain.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arranged marriage.(DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes.) - by DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes - 07-14-2017, 07:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,387 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  Tales of Alvaros (Closed w/DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes) Klayko 5 1,368 07-28-2017, 04:30 PM
Last Post: DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes
  The Elf and the Woman (Closed With DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes) NoahLove 17 2,349 07-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Last Post: DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes
  C A Traditional Marriage (Closed with gre-y) BarefootAndPregnant 48 7,267 08-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Last Post: BarefootAndPregnant
  C The arranged marriage. (Closed with earl_grey.) RelicDevachi 54 12,464 03-23-2016, 01:22 AM
Last Post: RelicDevachi
  An Elven-Human Marriage (Closed with DragonKnight) EnamelEyes 439 119,412 04-12-2015, 02:45 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight