Arranged marriage. (DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes.)
Erumollien was in the middle of writing a letter to an ally of their kingdom when he heard a knock. Sighing, he massaged his temples before pushing away the memories that resurfaced of a familiar moment whenever that door knocked.

Rapid knocks was heard from his door and Erumollien sighed, massaging his aching head.

"Go away! I'm doing something!" He snarled out to whoever was behind his study. His words were unheard and his sister opened the room, she had foregone her usual leather armour she usually donned on training days and was wearing her dark blue gown, the perfect reflection of the night sky. Upon her brow was a circlet of mithril which curled and twisted to appear as if the water had decided to crown her with its touch.

He did not trust her mischievous smile as she sat upon his desk and plucked his quill from his fingers. He let out a growl to warn her, she paid him no heed.

"Erumollien, dearest of all brothers! Come, you must leave your stuffy dungeon and live a little!" Airemana exclaimed as she pulled her brother, the Crown Prince, the Heir Apparent, along while Glandur swept in the room as well to pick up all of Erumollien's paperworks and tucked them all into his large sleeves.

"Glandur! Airemana! I have my duties right now, Adar will not be pleased with me if I do not finish reading through those treatises!" Erumollien shouted out as he reached for his pale haired brother's sleeve.

He was suddenly pinned to the floor when he leapt over his desk, he snarled out insults and curses in their tongue but his sister only laughed.

"Tut tut, dear brother! What would father say to your actions!" He heard a peal of laughter from Airemana, Glandur knelt down so he may be gazed at properly, his brother's dark eyes danced with mirth. Erumollien scowled.

"Erumollien, I believe you are mistaking our father for our uncle. Father would wish for you to smile and dance for a few moments, chase after women's skirts or kiss men's necks and offer them your heart." Glandur stated simply, tugging at his brother's dark hair, "He would not wish for you to waste away here where none will see your heart or your smiles, where none will hear your songs and laughter." Erumollien sighed, he never liked being unprepared for his kingdom, but his brother and sister truly wanted him to have fun.

Even if they were in the middle of a war, he wanted to indulge his baby siblings.

"Very well," The crown prince conceded, offering a hesitant smile, "tell me what you want me to do."

There was silence, then Airemana spoke first.

"Sing."

Figuring that whoever was at the door was simply his cousin, he sighed, "Beriadan, you know very well that I have my responsibilities to the kingdom. I cannot leave until I have at least made a dent in my paperwork, just leave some bread for me as usual." He felt he was wrong in his assumption but who else would seek him out?

Beriadan was the only family he had that cared enough to fret over him. Overbearing it may be but he still cared. Even if it was in the manner that mother hens often would care.

Opening his study doors, he was surprised to find his consort there looking shaken. Reaching out through his bond, he sifted through his consort's thoughts and untangled what he could, he was grateful Glandur had taught him how to make use of his bonds to learn what ran through his bond mate's thoughts. He stilled at the memory of his kin's deaths.

"What's wrong?" He still asked, he chose not to tell his consort that he already knew. How could his consort have...he closed his eyes and leaned against his doorframe at the realisation.

"So the bond did take effect." He murmured to himself. A hand reaching out to pull Tristan into his study and making his consort sit on one of the spare chairs in front of his desk.

"Tell me what's the matter." He coaxed gently.

Adar - Father

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arranged marriage.(DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes.) - by DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes - 07-17-2017, 08:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,381 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  Tales of Alvaros (Closed w/DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes) Klayko 5 1,368 07-28-2017, 04:30 PM
Last Post: DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes
  The Elf and the Woman (Closed With DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes) NoahLove 17 2,349 07-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Last Post: DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes
  C A Traditional Marriage (Closed with gre-y) BarefootAndPregnant 48 7,266 08-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Last Post: BarefootAndPregnant
  C The arranged marriage. (Closed with earl_grey.) RelicDevachi 54 12,460 03-23-2016, 01:22 AM
Last Post: RelicDevachi
  An Elven-Human Marriage (Closed with DragonKnight) EnamelEyes 439 119,404 04-12-2015, 02:45 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight