Arranged marriage. (DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes.)
Beriadan raised a brow at the once again subservient attitude of the consort before looking at the Dwarvenking who was chatting with his husband all the while caring for their son while Keiran fed their newborn daughter.

"Alright, you need to drop this subservient act of yours." Beriadan stated simply, "It's disturbing, a consort is meant to be a match to the king, you are making me feel like I'm the consort and as flattered as I am at the feeling, I don't like the thought of feeling married to my cousin." He took a sip of his wine and shot a glance at the consort.

"How are you to become acknowledged when you keeep acting subservient?" He asked with a frown, "I saw you speak with the consort of King Torsten, so I'm suddenly wondering why you're now acting like a meek lamb."

"Lord Beriadan, I think it best you leave the boy alone." The Dwarvenking sighed as he finished wiping away some of the food that was smeared on his son's face, "I doubt he would recall my husband inviting him to tea or even their conversation at dinner." The advisor sighed and bowed his head.

"I pray that is no insult to the Prince Consort Keiran." The Dwarvenking raised a brow at him.

"I may not have liked him before our marriage but I doubt I would have enjoyed my marriage now if I got someone who felt easily offended." The dwarf King retorted before wincing when his son pulled on a braid, demanding his attention.

"An insult to a dwarf is different from your understanding of insults, Lord Beriadan." Keiran explained, turning to look at Tristan, Keiran smiled.

"Seventeen years of marriage, our son being sixteen- he would be seen as four years old in human and Elven years - and our daughter being but a few weeks, it has helped me grow." Keiran explained as he patted his daughter's back, "I married rather young, I had only come of age at seventy-seven years when I was betrothed to Torsten, he in turn was ninety-three years. He was far too invested in his duties like your other half."

Beriadan snorted, "King Torsten is just like my cousin who seems to forget that there is a world outside the war councils and meeting rooms and studies. I'm impressed you managed to change him." Looking at the consort, he raised a brow.

"Have you learned anything regarding my cousin? Asked him questions about anything?" The advisor wished to know if the boy took action, if not then he shall just throw his circlet in and relegate him to Mellimeldisiel or perhaps the Dwarvenking's family. Of course, Keiran was different from the consort of his cousin but he can still attempt to help and make the most of it.

"My love, I must take my leave." Torsten spoke, his tone mournful and hesitant to leave as he pressed a kiss upon his husband's lips before pressing his forehead against his son and daughter's. "I shall see you, and the consort Tristan after I meet with King Erumollien."

"Of course, Ghivashel." Keiran murmured, his dark eyes shining bright, "I shall see to it that we will be there."

Beriadan smirked, "If you were listening, Consort, then you should keep in mind that that Dwarvenking is so alike my cousin that you now should know that my cousin has the capability to be a loving father and husband." He chuckled, "Already, he spoils and loves his godson a great deal, it would be a feat of strength and will when you manage to pull those three words from his lips." He paused before amending himself, "I mean if he said it in our tongue, it would be two words but still." The advisor grinned at the consort, "When you manage to do that, I can promise you that he shall dote on you and the child like he does with his godson and like he doted on his family when they still drew breath."

And he knew how much that was. His cousin had Glandur train under the finest healers, he had his sister's armour be made by a Dwarven blacksmith out of pure and shining mithril, he gave his mother flowers that were a chore to find, he would find old scriptures for his father to read. The way his cousin made his love shown was through effort and surprises. He recalled receiving a new sword made of a thin light metal that can cut through even the thickest of stone. It would be impressive and a miracle if his cousin falls for his consort.

Now that he was forcing himself to spend time with the young consort, the advisor found that he'd like to see how this story will play out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arranged marriage.(DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes.) - by DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes - 07-20-2017, 04:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,392 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  Tales of Alvaros (Closed w/DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes) Klayko 5 1,368 07-28-2017, 04:30 PM
Last Post: DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes
  The Elf and the Woman (Closed With DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes) NoahLove 17 2,350 07-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Last Post: DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes
  C A Traditional Marriage (Closed with gre-y) BarefootAndPregnant 48 7,271 08-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Last Post: BarefootAndPregnant
  C The arranged marriage. (Closed with earl_grey.) RelicDevachi 54 12,468 03-23-2016, 01:22 AM
Last Post: RelicDevachi
  An Elven-Human Marriage (Closed with DragonKnight) EnamelEyes 439 119,425 04-12-2015, 02:45 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight