Arranged marriage. (DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes.)
To say he was slightly surprised by his consort's words was perhaps an understatement. But he decided to answer Tristan's question nonetheless.

"It was...fairly like any other childhood." He paused before he shook his head, "No..I should rephrase that." He muttered, "It consisted of growing up with two younger siblings, one who is gentle and diplomatic with hair as pale as moonlight, and the other, Wild and fierce with silver eyes mirroring my own." He smiled ruefully, "My parents groomed me to be king since I was the heir apparent to the throne, the moment my brother came of age, I was the only heir to the throne since he rescinded his claim. He does not wish to be king, my sister would never allow anyone else to become my Sword, Shield and Dark Hands since she does not trust my safety with anyone else but herself or my family."

He shrugged, "During the summers, my family would make an escape from our royal duties for one month and we would all live within the forest, relishing the simplicity of our lives for that one month. Our small home was by the forest pools." He shot a glance at his consort, "My father taught me poetry, diplomacy, law, everything that cannot be taught in music or swordplay, my father had tutored me in those. But my mother," He could still recall his mother's flute blending with the sound of his lyre, "my mother taught me music and swordplay, the art of war, I was taught right by Beriadan's side who was half a century older than I am. We were often sparring and butting heads on the training field, but outside of it, we were often just seen speaking amicably."

Tapping his fingers against his horse's reins, he added, "When I do not wish to leave my personal study or my quarters, Airemana would drag me out by the hair or by the foot or Glandur will negotiate or talk me out of my room within a matter of seconds." He smiled faintly, "They make sure to it that I ate, slept or even just played around ." He stopped speaking and looked at Tristan, "Does this answer your question?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arranged marriage. (DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes.) - by DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes - 07-22-2017, 06:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,293 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  Tales of Alvaros (Closed w/DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes) Klayko 5 1,366 07-28-2017, 04:30 PM
Last Post: DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes
  The Elf and the Woman (Closed With DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes) NoahLove 17 2,341 07-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Last Post: DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes
  C A Traditional Marriage (Closed with gre-y) BarefootAndPregnant 48 7,241 08-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Last Post: BarefootAndPregnant
  C The arranged marriage. (Closed with earl_grey.) RelicDevachi 54 12,444 03-23-2016, 01:22 AM
Last Post: RelicDevachi
  An Elven-Human Marriage (Closed with DragonKnight) EnamelEyes 439 119,307 04-12-2015, 02:45 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight