Closed Under the Sea
He chose not to reply to his husband's comment about his mom, he was just glad he would have Ian by his side when it's time to meet his mother-in-law.

"Yeah, that sounds great. It would allow me enough time to bake some cookies for your parents." He tried hard to please his mother-in-law, hoping that one day she would finally acknowledge him as a good mate for his son.

They finally stood in front of Ian childhood house two hours later, Nathan gripped his husband's hand tightly, he was bracing himself for anothet encounter with his mom.
Ian was the one ringing the bell, stepping forward to shield his mate from the first wave of blow, if any. His mate had went through enough trauma yesterday, he really didnt want him to suffer through another round. Though, Nathan had been right. His mother would probably be even more upset if she knew afterward they didnt tell him at the first instance of the good news.

His mother, elegant as always to keep up with her looks and status, was quite happy to see Ian and hugged him tight to greet him, and chose to completely ignore nathan. Ian had to take the initiative. "Hey mom, Nathan had suggested baking some cookies for you. See? Quite delicious, I would say." He raised up the bag or cookies to show it to his mom, while holding Nathan's hand tightly.
"Hi, honey. How are you doing? I'm glad you come and visit me." She hugged his favourite son tightly and completely ignored the cookies that's being offered.

"Hey, Michelle." Nathan greeted her but she just looped her arm around Ian's arm and pulled him inside the house, leaving him behind at the front door. He just sighed, it's just going to be another long visit.

Michelle was beyond disappointed when his son chose to marry a 'lower class' merman and she hated Nathan's guts for it. He sat down beside Ian and just listened quietly to their conversation.
Ian tried to get away from his mother's grasp but couldn't do it without hurting his mother. He glanced back at Nathan trying to give him a reassuring look before following his mother somewhat reluctantly into the house. He maintained little conversations and thne opened the bag of cookies, cleverly moving himself so that he would sit next to Nathan again. "Mom! try this, really. This is really delicious. And i even got a great announcement to make... where's dad?" He asked looking aroud, trying to find some backup.
She looked at the fresh batch of cookies with a disgusted look on her face, she opened her mouth to make a harsh remark when the back door opened, revealing Alejandro, Ian's dad "Hey Ian! Hey Nathan!" He moved to where they're seated and put the whole cookie inside his mouth "Hmm..delicious as always..thanks Nate!"

"You're welcome, Sir!" Nathan was just glad his father-in-law was there to defuse any tension that would arise when they broke the news.

"So, Ian..tell mommy what announcement you mentioned earlier?" While glaring at his husband who seemed enjoying the cookies.
Ian gave Alejandro a grateful look, and got a subtle wink in return. He put his hand around Nathan's shoulder, his other hand on his belly and said with pride. "Nathan's pregnant. You are going to be grandaparents soon!" He announced. "We are so happy....although Ian's morning sickness didn't look too mild.... so, we have to all PAMPER him." Ian said, looking at his mother with a sharp look. "and I wouldn't allow anyone, and I mean ANYONE to hurt him. Physcially, or MENTALLY."

Michelle bit her lips in a strange way, her face slightly contorted before she sneered and held back the humiliating words she was prepared to spit out. She treasured her son's view on her, so she subsided for now. Alejandro, on the other hand, was genuinely excited by teh news and laughed out loud. "Finally son! i was thinking if i need to get you some secrets in, you know, the science of reproduction." He smriked and patted on his son's shoulder.
Nathan let out a relieved breath he didn't know he's holding, he gave his husband's knee a squeeze to show his appreciation to him for being protective towards him and their baby. His love to him was enough to make up for his mother's hostility towards him.

Alejandro announced that he wanted a girl for a grandbaby, the three of them was talking excitedly about the pregnancy and the baby while Michelle was just sitting there with a deep frown. She didn't even congratulate them but Nathan disn't want to dwell too much on the negativity and chose to focus on growing a healthy baby.
"Oh dad.... I know you wanted to give me a sister, but please, we are the parents, not you." Ian smiled and retorted. He squeezed back Nathan's shoulder when he felt the silent thanks. To shield his husband from any potential hurting words from his mum, he stayed close to Nathan all the time, either holding his hand or his waist. It formed quite a comical scene for his mother to sit just by the side.

Ian had taken close notice of the clock, and was getting more and more relaxed when he knew the time for his mom's next schedule was getting closer. The attack came at a least expected time though. "I though you aren't capable of conceiving actually, oh well, finally you managed to achieve one of your wifely duties." His mother said, deliberately using the feminine phrase to attack Nathan.
Nathan was enjoying the moment when Michelle made the hurtful comment out of nowhere. He thought he had surely shown her that he's capable of being the perfect mate for Ian, he loved Ian unconditionally and he could make Ian happy but turned out it's still not enough for his mother-in-law. He tried to hold back the tears that threatened to fall, he didn't want to give her the satisfaction knowing that she had touched a sore spot.

"I-i-i need to go to the toilet." He swam out of the room without making eye contact with anyone. He's been in the toilet for quite some times and when he came out of thr bathroom, he was shocked out of his mind when he came face to face with Michelle smirking at him.

"Just so you know, you and your filthy kid are not and will never be a part of my family.
Ian was shocked by how rude his mother had been, and he waa about to point that out when his mate fled to the toilet. He was going to follow him had his mother not pulled him back and uttered a feigned sympathetic apology, which shouldnt even be direcred to his son. Ian was stern and said to Michelle. "Mom, I am very unhappy to see my HUSBAND so upset... and worst of all it's because of such a mean thing you said to him. What have he done wrong to you?" He was furious and had his father not interrupted, he would really start an argumebt with her.

As the time Nathan spent in the toilet got long, Michelle offered to go check him out as an apology. Had Ian not decided he should follow a moment later, he wouldbt have caught on the harsh word of his mother. Appearing out of nowhere, he quickly went to Nathan's side and hugged him tight. "That's enough mother. If you dont accept Nathan and our kids, I wont be staying in this family either." He said with a blank face, his heart bleeding from how he failed to protect nathan.
Nathan was very shocked of what his husband just said, "No no, Ian, no! You didn't mean what you said." He didn't want the family to split because of him, Ian didn't seem to understand that what he said would only make Michelle hate him more when he's still willing to try to make amend with her.

The mother and the son were having an intense staring contest, Ian didn't even seem to have heard the things he said so he tugged his arm, "Come on, baby..let's just go home..please." Alejandro was also doing the similar thing to Michelle. I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist and put his palm on my belly to calm him down, "I'm fine, sweetheart, let's go."
When his husband wrapped himself around him, Ian softened. He sighed and rubbed against Nathan's flat belly and muttered. "Sorry love... I.didnt mean to scare you." He said. He then turned to his mother. "The mother that I knew of was much more wide minded and loving than this. Nathan is my mate for life, and I have made vows to love and respect him, for all my life. I am hurt, and ashsamed that the hostility he faced was from.my own mother. I bed you goodbye, madam. I wish you would try to understand how beautiful and nice Nathan truly is." He said that and left, holding his husband's waist all the time, with only a brief glance exchanged with his father.
I said goodbye to Alejandro and Michelle, the trip to our home was filled with deafening silence. He knew his husband was upset and he didn't want to make him more upset by saying the wrong thing.

When they arrived home, Ian went straight to their bedroom without saying anything. Nathan sighed and went to the kitchen to make some tea for his Ian. He brought up a nice cup of tea and entered their bedroom, he saw Ian lying on their bed just staring at the ceiling. "Hey, baby. I made tea for you." Ian sat up and took the cup, Nathan sat behind him and ran his fingers around Ian's back noticing how tight the muscles were. "Thank you for defending me and our babies earlier on." He massaged his shoulders and back while ocassionally dropping small kisses here and there.
Ian had been upset, but more with himself than with his mother. He was feeling quite guilty for exposing his husband to the sharp tongue of his mother, and also blamed himself for not able to soften his.mother's attitude toward Nathma even after 2 years. He sighed and tuened around,, clutching Nathan's hand in his and kissed it. "I am so sorry babe..... I shouldnt have... there's so much that i should do but i didnt, and so much that i shouldnt do but i did.... " he buried himslef on the not as thick chest of his husband. "And even now, you need to take care of me ajd make me tea...." his voice wws muffled but it showed how sad he was of the situation.
"Ssshh..sshh..it's not your fault, none of this is your fault so don't you dare blame yourself for any of this. And besides, I love taking care of you, I enjoy taking care of you. Now just relax." He continued massaging his husband till he heard the soft snores coming from his husband. He slid him down until he's lying flat on the bed with his head on his lap. "I love you, Ian. Our baby loves you too." He bent down to kiss him and let sleep took over him.
(Shall we do a little time skip?)

It wasnt a sound.sleep for Ian, him.being plagued by nightmares and he startled awake with only fussy images of his.mother and Nathan, drenched in blood. He panted and searched everywhere for Nathan, only to.find him curled uncomfortably around him. He gazed at his hsuband in the dark and kissed him.lightly on his cheek, and movrd him gnetly to lay down beside him as well. He wound his arms.around Nathan and took several deep breathes to calm his frantically beating heart, before succumbing.to.sleep once again.
Nathan was now 3 months along, everything was going well. The morning sickness was gone, his appetite was back, actually his appetite had increased beyond control and he had gained a pretty noticable weight, he's concerned about it but Ian was always there to assure him that it's fine. They had new routine including attending lamaze class and morning lazy swim on the weekend. He discovered this morning that he now had a small cute baby bump and he couldn't wait to show Ian later on when he's home after work.

He had just finished cleaning the house and prepared dinner. He's now lounging around the livingroom waiting for his husband to come home.

(Hope this is ok)
(Ya sure! The gestattion period would also be 10months right?)

Nathan had now.put on a small layer of fat, which made him very cute in Ian's eyes - and that's also what he told his husband honestly. He was excited grtting back home everyday now, and attending.lamaze classes were interesting. He sometimes would stare at other couples and imagine how Nathan would be when he reached the other's size - it's difficult to fit his image in, but he would always smile goofily until Nathan hit him on his ribs to get his attention.

He got into their house and already yelled for his husband. "Nathan? Where are you? See what I brought you?" He asked, having bought snacks that Nathan got addicted to recently.

(Actually do they wear clothes HAHA)
"In the livingroom, sweetheart!" He got up hurriedly to greet his husband, "Hey, I miss you." He hugged Ian tightly and gave him a passionate kiss to let him know how much he missed him. He looked down and was happily surprised to see that his husband had brought him the deep fried soft shell crabs he craved alot these days. "Aww thank you."

"I have a little surprise for you." He moved his body to the side and put his hands on his lower bump to emphasize it, "I had just realized this morning my belly grow!! I'm showing!!" He told Ian excitedly.

(Most definitely NOT!!haha but Nathan will be using shell bra as the pregnancy progress and his boobs grow, how does that sound?)
(Hmm i think Ian would be the one suggesting when his breasts started jiggling everywhere? And though embarrassed.... Nathan would get to appreciate it. Sounds good?)

His husband's kiss was always eagerly welcomed. Ian just wrapped his arm around Nathan naturally and smiled seeing how excited his husband was of his little treat. "Seriously, I would do amything just to get you to smile like that.... and of course also kiss me like that."

He was confused at fiest for why Nathan was turning to the side, and now that he mentioned, Ian, too, was able to distinguish the light swell. "Oh my god Natgan! Wow, that's, yea, really some growth!" He said swimming closee to Nathan and covered his hand with his own. "Wow.... and those six packs, officially certified." He smiled cheekily before kissing away all rebuttal from Nathan.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 18,959 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8
  A Single Drop, a Mighty Sea (Closed with Witchy) Salamander 14 1,669 09-17-2017, 04:19 AM
Last Post: Salamander
  C Under Da Sea (PreggySergal and KrocodileKrew) PreggySergal 39 5,812 08-19-2016, 03:44 AM
Last Post: KrocodileKrew