Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8)
James' brown eyes looked black as wine bottles in the dark, giving him a sort of blissfully ignorant gaze, a boyish appearance with his thin frame and messy brunette hair. "As a matter of fact, I've got a wonderful Turbot, just five shilling and six pence. Or if that's too far from your price range, the halibut is a favorite amongst the townfolk. Eel, too, a rare commodity caught fresh this morning by yours truly.", he gestured to himself with a little chuckle, before finally allowing himself to take in Arthur's appearance, his accent, his scent. It was foreign from the region's here, and a suddenly interested gleam in his eye betrayed his curiosity. "But what's a man like you doing at a tiny fish cart after sundown? You're a traveller, aye? 'Cannae say it wasn't obvious. You ought to be resting in an inn somewhere, if you'll pardon me sir, an' not catching a chill out here in foreign country.", he said pointedly, though he didn't seem to be too terribly interesting in running Arthur off. "Right. What's the name then? Call me James - or Morgen if ya prefer, either serves fine.", he stuck his hand out for Arthur to shake, grinning. "I like travellers, you lot usually got a trove of stories to tell. So I'll tell ya what. If you're interested, here's a bargain; You tell me a few stories from the seas, and I'll whip you up the best damned Turbot roast you've ever had. Homemade, too, can't beat that! What'll it be then?", he eyed the newcomer excitedly, his enthusiasm simply too radiant to quell. Bright as the stars above, it was always obvious that James wasn't ordinary by any means, even to strangers. It was simply his nature as a Selkie; they were a hedonistic race, and he'd be more than glad to offer this weary traveller a hot meal in exchange for a few simple stories.
(haha can't say I could whip up a conversation like yours...neither am I familiar with the accent, nor with the use of colloquial use of eng in Scotland, so apologies for unable to keep up with that... still, I hope I didn't disappoint you too much in my instalment)

those eyes were way too innocent for Arthur. He was a man of the world, knowing far too much about fishy business and betrayals, lies and exploits. The pure eyes of James, like his lamp, was hopelessly attractive to Arthur. He took in the overall of the lanky boy, the youthful looks, and how animatedly he introduced his merchandize, and suddenly, his offer for that "best damned Turbot roast" was irresistable - especially at the price of just a few stories.

"Name's Arthur... and you got a deal." He smiled reaching out to shake his hand. James' hand was almost too soft to touch - not typical for a fisherman. ANd way too small compared to his lanky build. He squeezed it a little longer than strictly required, liking the feeling of that soft, smallish hand in his calloused palm. "You said i twas homemade... is it to say I could invite you over to my inn to prepare that? borrowing the kitchen for awhile should be perfectly accepted by the good old lad, I am sure." he gestured towards the inn that he would be spending the night in. "And you're right, it's damn cold out here. We should hurry...."

Without further exchange, Arthur helped James pack up. "So what kinda story do you want to hear? I have just voyaged to the far East... but if you want to hear about monsters and sirens in the Northern seas, or the exotic rainforests along the equator, or the giant pyraminds and myths in the deserted lands, I do have a thing or two to tell as well...."he asked, watching the spirited young man briskly tidying things up. 
"Pleasure's mine, Arthur.", he smiled. He seemed delighted when the sailor invited him to the inn to cook the Turbot; that way, he wouldn't bother his father with a visitor back at their cottage. "Right then! Just let me pack up shop, and we can be off.", he nodded, tugging a tarp over the various salt barrels, which were kept to pack fish. He collected what was left of the day's catch, loading the fish into baskets which were then hefted onto the cart, and quickly hitched up to a tall gray mare; a Clydesdale. Her heavy hooves pawed as he checked her shoes, then the hitches. However, at Arthur's question, a mischievous, secretive grin graced his lips.

"I want to hear about Selkies. Or, what you know of them.".

There was a very slim chance Arthur didn't know what a Selkie was; the legend had become common aboard vessels of all size and class. Some sailors, much like the townspeople, even loved Selkies. Unlike the mermaid or siren, Selkies were known as friends of man, not enemies. There were reports of the creatures saving sailors from drowning, or bringing fish when times were scarce. Selkies had no special powers; they couldn't seduce men with their voices, or see fate itself, or heal the sick. They were simple creatures that lead a peaceful existence, simply hidden away from prying human eyes.
Arthur whistled at the tall mare. The heavily lashed eyes were looking so soft, Arthur knew instinctively this was a gentle spirit. Without being invited, Arthur came close to pat the mare on her neck, smoothing over her lean body. The horse rubbed her head against him, and he chuckled at the affectionate gesture. "hey there.... " he smiled.

"a selkie?" he raised a brow at James' request. "Selkies huh... hmm. i've encountered a few, though some are so elusive I only spotted them from afar. Let's see...." helping James loading things onto the cart, he volunteered for the leash bringing the gentle mare towards the stable of the inn. "Their residence is near this area. Selkies are known for being friendly but shy. The first time i saw them, i was just a little boy myself." his gaze drifted off to the far end of the sky, memories beginning surfacing as he recalled those old times. "I was but on my first voyage. I was young, impulsive, reckless. The favourite passtime was to swim in the ocean." He shook his head. "i wasn't as good a swimmer as I am now, and was trapped in a current. no one else knew i was there. What's worse, my foot started cramping. I thought i was going to die. i had drunk so much seawter, i was coughing and more water was rushing down my throat. I panicked, but could no longer yell for help. I thought that was the end!" he said, when a gentle smile appeared on his face. "then there was this selkie coming. Or, i should say, a seal. He pushed me towards the beach with his snout. I think he must be a juvenile himself... the push wasn't that strong and he had to come up for air multiple times." he chuckled at the fond memory. It was a real struggle, but eventually they managed. "i only knew it was a selkie when we landed. I was unconscious for awhile, until a very fishy smell sort of woke me. i only knew when i opened my eyes, i was face in face wiht a very cute little boy. he could even be younger than me, looking more like a kid than a teenager. he was talking to me and mercy me! that was the fishiest smell i had ever tasted! there was no doubt this boy was that seal... no one could have such breath if they weren't living on fish alone. I still remember his brown eyes and those soft, borwn curls.... " he said dreamily. In fact that was all he remembered. the face of that selkie had unfortunately blurred over the years.

Turning around to face James again, his smile froze when the face of that selkie overlapped with James', and for a moment he was left wordless.

He shook away that ridiculous thought. Resuming their pace, he covered up that embarrassing moment. "There are a few more encounters with them later in my life... hmm, do you want to hear them as well?" he asked unsurely. he wasn't sure if he was a good storyteller... 
((sorry it's taken me so long to reply, I've been working a lot lately! ))
(hey it's alright, i have had my busy days at work and I know the feeling of exhaustion. take your time!)
James was grateful, and surprised to say the least that Arthur had offered to help pack up. He strolled leisurely by the male as he led his mare toward the inn in the distance, a structure that marked the outskirt of the village, and the long road towards the market, and the port further down the same path. He listened intently, something stirring within the recesses of his memory, eyebrows knitting. It sounded...familiar. The story sounded like some distant tale he'd lived through, though he was strangely detached whenever he tried to recall it. He only blinked, those thick lashes lovely, and stark against his pale skin. "They're known ta be gentle beasts, 's a shame ya never caught the bloak's name.", he hummed, eyes twinkling. "Legend has it, if a Selkie tells ya their real name they're bound to ya forever.", he said with an almost mystified sort of grin, the kind that spoke of blissful ignorance. He exuded an inviting sort of feeling, built to make people feel safe, let their guard down and trust him.

"Tell me more.", he insisted excitedly, ever the loyal confidant as they drew closer to the village. He was enraptured by Arthur's stories; he scarcely noticed when they'd arrived at the venue, his mare taken to the stables to be cared for, and his cart parked in the carriage lodge. He remembered a basket, which contained a lovely cut of turbot and various vegetables, and small sacks that contained what could only be assumed to be spices. Clearly, he'd already planned on making his dinner a little earlier. He loved the fact that Arthur was now joining him though; he was a social man, and any company at all was always a delight.
"really? i have never heard of that... well i guess at that time, even if I managed to get a name, it wouldn't do me any good. i was but a kid myself!" Arthur chuckled. "i could hardly give this selkie a good life if he was to be bounded to me for life..." he smiled fondly at James. His smile was really charming... and to the sailor who was far away from home, that was lovely enough to warm him from the inside. He knew he wouldn't regret this decision to venture out to the market... and right now his believe was reinforced.

"I'd say instead of being a genlte beast, they were the loyalest advocate of true love. They'd sacrifice the freedom of the vast oceans to settle down with mere humans, who were so fragile on sea, so easy to perish in the open ocean... they'd forego half of their lives to be with their loved ones..." Arthur trailed off - it was really a shame when not all the selkies he had encountered had their happily ever afters. Humans could be wicked and deceiving, the selkies were no match to them in being cunning.

He sighed and gathered himself, taking the basket off the cart, he followed James into the kitchen area of the inn. With just a few coins, the landlord happily let them borrow the place.

"ah, and now that you were asking about them, i recalled seeing a male pregnant selkie. he was the husband of one of my pals. i couldn't stop the gape when i saw him coming to welcome us.... " he casually mentioned. "But they are a pair of lovely couple. I never knew my pal was such an overly-protective bloke." Arthur smiled recalling how his pal fussed over his husband.
"Not every bond must be forged with intimate love. Platonic love, too, can be a beautiful thing.", he said pointedly. He couldn't help but think of a kind old Selkie he'd once known, who left her pod and lived her days on shore after finding a child abandoned by the sea. She'd adapted to human life and raised the girl as her own, and to this day lived happily in Wales with her. However, Arthur's assumptions were painfully true. Not all Selkies would have a happily ever after. Their skins were prized by fishermen as charms that would keep their ships from ever sinking, and their bones were said to cure disease when ground into powder and mixed into food. So many of his people had been slaughtered, and the few that remained kept hidden beneath the waves. Which is why none of the townsfolk would /dare/ tell Arthur that James himself was a Selkie.

He pushed off the morose thought when Arthur brought up a pregnant Selkie, nodding thoughtfully. " 's not often a Selkie and human can bear children. 'course, Selkies are a rare species...adapted for both sexes to be able to bear pups, to increase the chances of survival. Curious thing, really, but I'm happy for the survival of my -", he paused, quickly backtracking. "-/their/ species.", he corrected quickly, busying himself instead with cleaning the fish and vegetables, finding a knife to peel the potatoes with. He stood by a bucket to drop the peels into rhythmically, eyes narrowing a bit.

"Speakin' of rare, they're quite a trophy if ya manage to snag one. Ever killed a Selkie yerself? They say t's a blessin' to wash yer hands in the blood of such a pure creature.", he questioned idly, hands going a bit tense as he waited for an answer.
"Platonic love? I never really know tjat... i guess we sailors are just interested in discussing the stories with romance, the star-crossed lovers as in the theatres, hence that's almost what i always heard...." Arthur smiled good-naturedly at the young man. He was a charming fellas, making him well-liked in whatever vessel he attached to.

"And you sounded like you know more about sellkies than me! I guess you must have collected a lot of intelligence from the visitors in town?" There was a teasing twinkle in his eyes looking at the lanky boy who was a little shorter than himself. "I have no idea they possessed both sexes.... " as in Victorian tradition, Arthur stopped abruptly now that the intimate anatomy of the creature was mentioned. Activities in the bedroom was always a taboo, even when they were now talking in the relatively exclusive kitchen area. He took little notice of the slip of tongue, merely glanced up at Arthur while he helped washing the vegetables: it had been some time since he last did it with his late mother...

"I beg your pardon!?" Arthur said incredulously, stopping what he was doing to stare at James. "What are you implying? That I would have done something as horrendous? I would not have done something that sinful for some myths... we arent in the time of sorcerers anymore." He said indignantly. "If yoh are also a believer of these legends, please forgive me for unable to tell you anymore of stories like this."
"I've...heard much from the folk tat pass through.", he nodded. "So many stories. 'course that's all they are; stories. Cannae say 'ere ain't been a time or four when I get sick of listenin' to stories; I tire of hearin' grand tales from far off places. I want to go sometimes, see for myself, partake in the mead of vitality, y know?", he sounded wistful as he worked, his thin frame seeming more of a surreal, ethereal entity. In the soft candlelight, he truly seemed otherworldly, soft brown waves falling into his face as he worked, slender hands skilled in the repetitive motions of flaying turbot and cleaning vegetables. His skin was pale as ever despite working long days in the sun, a symbol of beauty for their time. The freckles dotting his skin mirrored the night sky, gaze hidden behind thick lashes as he studied on his work, wetting his seashell pink lips idly.

Upon Arthur's vehement rejection of killing a Selkie, James looked up quickly, relief flooding his heart. "I'm glad you're of sensible countenance. Too many times I've met a seaman too proud to flaunt a dagger hewn of Selkie bone, or a coin purse stitched of the blessed pelt. It disgusts me, the practice of barbarians...", he trailed off, before chuckling shortly. "I'm sorry. Our conversation took a darker path than I'd have liked.", he apologized, though a smile didn't leave him. "Do you enjoy it?", he asked suddenly. "Being a sailor. Is it...what you'd wanted?", he asked curiously.
Upon hearing the clarification of James, realising the young man was also not an advocate of baseless superstition, Arthur calmed. "I should apologise for overreacting like I had... indeed. That barbaric practice should be despised." He said admiring the looks of the young man. To any standard, this young man was attractive, with a lure that was unique. Arthur wondered if his mind was playing a trick.. why would he find a young man attractive, even... pretty?

He quickly glanced away and nodded, responding to what James had said earlier. "to experience them first hand is the only way to truly go through the thrill of stories." he agreed - that was exactly why he'd continued to be a sailor now that the burden of his family wasn't solely on him. "What's needed is the courage to abandon it all, and you have to take the inherent risk that every voyage could be your last." he smiled, but that wasn't a sad one. He knew intimately how dangerous it was to temper with the angry ocean, and he had accetped well that sometimes his fate lied entirely on the mercy of God. "But honestly, I do. I have never regretted taking up this job." he shrugged - he had enjoyed a decent life, knew a lot of people, he was proud to say he had seen much more than his fellow townsmen.

"Do you want to join me?" he asked curiosuly. "Or are theri familiar engagement that had held you down?" he said. Through their conversation, Arthur had nudged closer and closer to James, subconsciously the sailor wanted ot get closer to the young man already.
"Join you?", he seemed suddenly surprised, though really, he shouldn't have been too alarmed. Ship work was in high demand; too many a bloak never returned from their voyage out to sea, leaving captains with patchwork crews that were gathered together from the oddest folk available. He wasn't really alarmed that Arthur would at least toss the idea out.

"Nothin' is holding me down, no.... I s'pose it's only that the opportunity to leave never arose. Sounds silly, don't it? A man living in one of the busiest ports in Scotland, an' not a way to board sea? I have a good life here. It's comfortable; I could right fancy myself with a lass one day, maybe raise a family eventually. But that security, it's...not for me. No, never. I loathe the sedentary nature of it all. To go out and explore foreign land, see beyond the lens of familiarity. I think, yes.... that's what I would want. If it were to be honest word, Arthur, I'd love nothin' more than to run away with you on some sort of adventure.", he grinned, having become more animated and eager. Though, he didn't keep his hopes up. Perhaps Arthur had only mentioned it offhandedly, and not truly as a proposal.

Within moments, James had set the turbot to steam, dressed in herbs and spices, along with the vegetables dressing the sides. He set to work on a handsome ausjus to pair, which didn't take very long in making. Next was a quicker preparation, using flour to make thin barley cakes, much like pita bread to have with the fish. A flat ironboard over the fire did the work, the male idly gazing into the fire as he crouched and turned the cakes with his bare hands skillfully.

"What was your life like before?", he asked quietly. He was always most curious about this bit; sailors often had the most intriguing pasts. So many of them had experienced awful, terrible things, things that toughened them enough to survive out at sea. James himself didn't share this trait; he'd lived well his entire life. Yet, he'd excel out on open water, simply because it was his nature to be so. He wondered, sometimes, if sailors ever cursed their own nature; their vulnerability and mortality. They walked two separate worlds, their species; James was hunted for belonging at sea, and Arthur was vulnerable for belonging on land. How amazing it was, then, that their people could learn to coexist, even marry and have happily ever afters at times.
(LOl wanna discuss a little with you: are you having the image of them joining a big crew, or would it be too dangerous to have them travelling on board alone, on a small ship with only the 2 of them? LOL that would be something like a yacht i guess...

and, towards what they'd face in future, there are real adventures intended, correct? They'd be visiting places and develop something more than just shipmates in the process? once a pregnancy was discovered, would they settle down or continue on with their voyage?)

Arthur smiled at the use of "run away with you". That was a slightly odd phrase to use, but not entirely out of their context. "I fully understand that call for an adventure... and surely, I still have goosebumps whenever I visited some place new, the clash of culture and the witnessing of differnet peoples around the world. just make you realise how small you are, and how big this world is." he said wiht a longing smile. The calling for more adventure's always lurking at the corner, and time after time he answered to that calling to take on another journey to the unknown.

The turbot soon smelled nice. James was skillful and his movments swift even in an unfamiliar kitchen. Arthur watched amusingly with the ease James moved around tasks, summoning up ingredients to make a full meal worthy of qutie a few quids in a proper restaurant. "you're a skilled home cook, aren't you?" he commented casually, finding there nothing else for him to ehlp out, thus content himself leaning against the counter, arms crossed in front.

"Why, there's nothing of interest to tell. I'm but a very normal son at home, a big brother for my siblings, and a now independent young man." he shrugged rather ungentlemanly. "sorry to disappoint you without some thrilling backstory with a whirlwind romance with the maiden, nor was I involved in rifles nor appeared in any wanted list around the world - meh, for the latter part, perhaps... but definitely on top." he flashed a cheeky smile at James, offering a hand for him to stand up having the cakes readied and dished.

Grabbing James' smaller hand, he was suddenly feeeling awkward. James' hands were so fair and soft, they looked like they were pampered despite his daily dealing with fresh catches. He wondered if his rough and calloused hands would have hurt the boy... "Your hands are fairer than any lass I've met..." he murmured, more to himself, until belatedly he realised he was holding James' hands for way too long.

"Sorry..." he blurted out and quickly released James. "err, where were we? Pardon me for getting distracted.... Well, I have a vast family, with 5 younger sisters. My father and grandfather were also men at sea." he said looking far away. Those memories were distant, and at the time he was a carefree boy, enjyoing the wealth in the family, it was planned that he, as the sole heir to the vast company, was to have a cultured upbringing with good schooling. "Alas, all that came to an abrupt end when they perished in the greatest storm mankind had ever seen. The entire fleet was sunk."

He cleared his throat to again look at James. "That started my very own journey as a sailor. That's lucrative business, on top ofall the thrill of seeing the outside world. I get a handsome sum that could keep bread on my family's table for half a year right away." he smiled easily. Those were harsh times, but all that was behind him now.

"What about you? You don't appear to be like a fisherman yourself?" he asked curiously. James was so pale, he couldn't have spent a lot of time under the harsh sun?
(( I'll leave that part up to you; whatever you think is more convenient, I'm more than happy to run with. ^^

And yeah, I'm banking on them /actually/ travelling a bit before developing a physical relationship {for obvious reasons; James won't be too keen on letting on that he's a Selkie} but an emotional relationship can begin sooner than that. As for the pregnancy, James will likely try to hide it for the first three months or so, but once Arthur finds out, you can choose what his next move will be. ))

"I suppose so. Never had a mum, so I was aways doing the cooking an' such for me an' my father. It's not so hard really, 'comes a bit o fun after some time.", he mused. He said nothing more as he listened to Arthur, wrought with confliction. Arthur insisted that he was more or less...average. But there was something about him, in the way he spoke, the way he carried himself, that sent excitement down James' spine. He found himself thrilled suddenly to be in company with this enigmatic man, the charming smile contagious. He took his hand and stood, meeting his gaze evenly, not missing the length at which Arthur remained bound with him. He didn't entirely mind; he took it with grace, a compliment he wasn't afraid of.

"Fair but, not entirely fragile mind yourself.", he quipped, finding himself almost sorry to be left once more. "Don't apologize. Never understood why you lot apologize for the things you do - it's endearin', really,", he trailed, forgetting for a moment that this was a stranger, and referring to humans as anyone beyond himself.

His good natured humor seemed to dissipate when he heard of Arthur's father and grandfather. " 'm sorry about that. Must a been hard, with five younger ones still to care for.", he sighed, his empathy winning over. "Tragedy can break even men made of stone...yer a fine fellow ta make somethin' more of yerself than a poorly beggar.", he nodded. He was pulled from the sudden empathetic bout when he was questioned, glancing instinctively down at himself, noting the paleness and thin frame. It was true; such an awkwardly lanky man seemed more likely to have spent his days as a scholar, perhaps a scribe. "To tell ya the truth, I ain't exactly sure what lineage I come from. My da's a fisherman for sure, born with brine instead of blood, I swear.", he chuckled. "But he found me one day by the seashore, nearin' high tide. Was just a wee lad then no higher than a barleycorn, so the good man scooped me up an' took me home. Raised me as his own, bless him. As I grew up, he started takin' me to the sea with him. Never very far; only so the fish were plentiful, never beyond. I grew stronger by the days, often offering to stay out in the hot sun to work, as I never enjoyed bein' idle. I didn't enjoy the fishing exactly...what I enjoyed was the feeling of freedom I got even just a league away from shore. It was enough for me - it has been I think, until recently. My true parents must have been wild in spirit, probably Norse if I were to guess. Resilient; I never sickened or ailed a day in my life - can you believe? Of course, that meant the old fellow never got much rest. I've always been in some trouble or another... it's just my nature, really.", he laughed a little, twisting the truth only by fractions. He knew exactly where he'd really come from, of course...and although Arthur had proved to be an honorable man, he had yet to trust him completely.
(haha let's do it on a yacht then, with just the 2 of them - i'm usually struggling if I juggle several characters at the same time and if they joined a crew, that would make it difficult for them to develop that much realistically speaking. homophobia would be pretty prevalent in our context?

n yep, that's very alright to have some real adventures, and what do you have in mind? say, hmm, err, just around the UK? haha forgive me for lacking maritime common sense, but perhaps we could have them travelling around the coast of their country? or maybe venture out to the Netherlands or something.....? and, we could explore different towns people, or we coudl also have them go for wildlives/mythical creatures etc?

hmm. we can have his selkie identity discovered with a deja-vu to that incident with Arthur long before - his foot started cramping in a swim, entangled in an undercurret, he called for help and the selkie came to rescue him? perhaps even fendng off a lurking shark?

lol and some basic anatomy: so a selkie will be a hermaphrodite? - that way Arthur would know his identity as a selkie from the first night they spent together? or would he only have a womb attached to his backside, so that both identity and pregnancy would be concealed for as long as possible by James?)

that explained a lot - James had that domesticity in him that was rare in usual males. He figured that was only natural for him to gain that ability when there was only him and his old folk at home.

he tilted his head to the side at the strange way James was addressing "you lot". he figured this might be from how he distinguished himself as a separate category than sailors and people from out of town. James was happy and lovely in this way, his heavy accent also made him sounding cute. He shook his head and smield. "It's all behind me now. And yes, at the time it was like the world had crumbled, but life goes on no matter what happened..."

"you a Norse? I doubt that." Arthur chuckled. "you're way too small to be a Norse. Norse are usually way taller than even I am. And although they're pale as well, they surely have a much larger frame than you." he said teasingly squeezing James' shoulder, patting him fondly on his back. "your old folk's great man. I see now the reason for you to grow into such a fine, young lad." he smiled. "I'd welcome a troublemaker on board if you're down for it. I do have the cash and my own ambition to start my very own voyage." He said. The recent trip had earned him pleasant money, more than enough to purchase a yacht of his own. "i'd planned on fetching myself a yacht to sail around. Maybe not too far that we'd encounter the open ocean, but strong enough a vessel to travelf or months. Whatch'ya say?" he asked, this time giving a more proper offer. "if you could get your father to agree, I'm certainly welcoming of a new crew - especially when you have spent your fair amount of time out in the sea." he said.

(( If Arthur were to have some sort of personal mission, James could simply accompany him with it. If not, we can just write as we go along lol. And, yeah, for this time period homosexuality would hardly be accepted anywhere but Denmark and Romania oof.

As for anatomy, I just figured that both sexes possess female reproductive organs, with males being externally phallic and having the canal connected to their rear, separated by a thin membrane that would eventually break a few weeks before birth, then repair afterwards. ))

"Oi, come on now I ain't that small! Yer just a great bloak. Maybe to you sailors I'm a scrap but don't be fooled by that.", he laughed good naturedly, though he was swayed by the simple pat to his back. He was just checking on the turbot, watching a cloud of steam waft towards the rafters after replacing the lid, when Arthur made his proposal. He didn't think he was serious at first, until he elaborated. James' brown eyes widened a little, smile faltering. "Gosh, ya mean it? I mean, it's certainly a handsome prospect..", he trailed, going silent for a moment.

"My da' ain't of much concern. He's well off, an' it's high time I leave anyways. He'll be thrilled to hear about it. Ive just never been further than Loch', my whole life. Ta think there's a whole damn world out there..", he felt excitement bubbling up, electricity at his fingertips as exhilaration imbued itself within his blood. "I'd love ta join you, if you'll have me.", he accepted easily, leaning back against the heavy wooden table and sticking his hand out for a handshake.
(Ya ok, James's gonna be a great help on board when they finally set to sail.

And yea sure, so that means James could hide his pregnancy, and also the possibility of it, for longer since it wouldnt occur to Arthur this was a thing assuming he was a human male)

"Great. That' a deal." Arthur shook James' hand, again rather impressed by how soft and fair his hand was. He again, had difficulty believing whether James was telling the truth about him being an experienced fisherman. Well, either way, he could teach james. The young man certainly looked like he would be a fast learner.

"I guess we can each head back to settle things. I will get the yacht i want, you get things sorted with your father. But! All that would depend on if you could pass this first test and give me my money's worth of Turbot." He smiled with a teasing glint in his eyes. "And then you might want to give me your home address." He said smelling the lovely scent of the dish.

"Is it ready? I can really have some replenishment." He said peeking over James' shoulder to take a look.
(( Alright, do you wanna continue with some mundane domesticity, or do you wanna skip ahead a bit to the start of their voyage? ))
(I think we can skip ahead. Just let them know each other and have that domesticity after they boarded and set on sail?)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,694 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,445 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,124 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,742 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 23,987 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 89,281 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,146 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 13,917 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,047 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  C Trying to Save the City w/ bhdire8 lxcttrll 195 24,359 08-02-2019, 10:47 AM
Last Post: bhdire8