Closed Divided We Fall (CeruleanSnowFlake)
(Sooooo I woke up super late this morning and work all this afternoon and into the early evening so I'm just gonna put up profiles of my two and then post when I get home! I'd usually post within this first post as well but since I have to leave for work in like ten minutes... I can't. xD )

Name: Noah Romani
Species: Neko (dog)
Type: Omega
Job: n/a
Info: Noah's old home was burned down in the midst of a battle between humans and kitsunes; his parents fled but he hasn't been able to find them. He's been sticking it with Kalver, the kitsune who decided to save him for whatever reason, even though Kalver is a bit obnoxious and narcissistic and tells Noah to screw off sometimes because he's not his caretaker - except Kalver sort of is and he's just a hardass and won't admit he likes having someone to take care of. Noah probably won't ever leave his side unless he were to find his parents or something of the sort, but that seems super far off most days.

Name: Kalver
Species: Kitsune
Type: Alpha
Job: Black Market Dealer / Thief
Info: Kalver doesn't really understand the grudge that humans have towards kitsunes or most species in general. He thinks they're just uppity and have no sense of anything because why would you want to be a human when you can be something cool? Kalver doesn't reveal his age to anyone because he honestly doesn't know how old he is, nor does he reveal his history to anyone. People think he's hardheaded and ignorant but he's just dealt with so much stuff already in his life he kinda knows what he's doing. Kinda. He saved Noah on a whim, not wanting innocents to die by the cruel ways of humans, but he never expected for the neko to actually tag along with him. He outwardly likes to appear cocky but underneath everything he does have a caring side. It's just hard to get out.
(Thats fine. I usually post most during the night. I'm more of a night owl then anything lol. I'll post my two characters now)

Name: Bayden Syler
Species: Human
Type: Omega
Job: Relocator under the guise of a simple inventor
Info: Gracin is a relocator who helps to place injured or captured kitsunes and nekos into safer places. He is one of the few human relocators and has also concocted an elixr that extends the life of a human.
He met Ryder when he was helping a young kitsune get back to his family. They decided to work together to get all of the children and pregnant ones get to a safe haven.

Name: Ryder
Species: Neko (cat)
Type: Alpha
Job: Relocator, assistant to Bayden who also creates medicines
Info: Ryder loves to protect and help. It's his hope that one day, all nekos and kitsunes and humans will get along and accept that they must and can co-habitate. He acts as Hayden's assistant because humans can have neko's as 'pets'. He really only stays to use the resources available from the human town, and because it's a good way to lead runaways through the forest. He also stays to protect Bayden as lone humans aren't always safe around vengeful kits and nekos. Though Bayden can be a pain when he teases, Ryder ismdond of him.

The chase had been a little anticlimactic like in shitty action movies - humans gave chase to Kalver when they noticed him stealing and Noah was tugged away and forced to catch up to the running pace of the kitsune, although he wouldn't call it running so much as it was quite literally being pulled along and into the outlying woods of the city. Kalver always insisted they could lose the humans there and Noah couldn't disagree, but he absolutely loathed the woods. They were dark and creepy and he had to force himself to keep from thinking of how these ominous forests could very well turn into his final resting place if he and Kalver weren't careful. The thing was, though, that Kalver didn't like to be careful and no amount of lectures from Noah to ward the kitsune off from stealing and getting them into trouble. Most days, Kalver was pretty good at what he did, but there were times like tonight when he'd just completely fuck it up and it would get them the shit end of the stick.

"Can't you just turn around and say you're sorry?!" Noah exclaimed as he just barely missed a low hanging branch by ducking under it. Behind him, he could hear the muffled yells of a small group of humans chasing them down. Noah didn't think they'd be able to catch up, but it still unnerved him. Kalver would run for half an hour beyond where the humans had stopped chasing them just to be safe, and Noah didn't exactly have the same endurance that the kitsune had. More than once had he been picked up and carried upon Kalver rolling his eyes and telling him how much he was slowing them down.

Kalver leapt over a fallen log and Noah clumsily tried to follow the action, nearly tripping in the process. "Are you stupid or are you stupid?" Kalver asked evenly, and Noah scrunched his nose in distaste. "Well find someplace or somethin' cause I can't keep running-"

"Do not make me carry you again," Kalver interrupted, his grip on Noah's wrist tightening a bit. Noah pursed his lips and shook his head, thinking it would be best to keep quiet instead of arguing right now. He wasn't quite sure how long the chase went on but his heart felt ready to explode from his chest. He was just about the complain to Kalver again when the ground beneath his feet seemed to vanish and he was tumbling down some sort of steep hill; over and over and over and over again until he stopped at the bottom of a... gross muddy pit. When he'd finally regained his senses somewhat, Noah glanced down at himself and made a face, wiping his mud covered hands off on his mud soaked shirt. Mud. Everywhere.

He tried to stand but was crippled by a sharp pain in his left ankle, and the dirtied ears atop his head flattened back as he hissed in pain. "Kalver," he called out, frustrated, "what the hell-" From above the pit some feet up, he heard a shushing sound from who he assumed to be Kalver. Noah frowned as he made his way towards the edge of the slippery pit, looking up towards where he had fallen from and going silent as the sounds of the humans passed by above. He shifted to inspect his usually golden fluffed tail which was similarly now caked in icky mud. This was not his night.
Bayden and Ryder had been out in the forest collecting plants, stems, soil samples and a variety of things that Ryder was sure Bayden was just collecting because he was weird, and not because he had an actual intended use for them.

"Why do you need a stick?" The neko demanded as he gathered a bundle of twigs from the ground. "A bunch of sticks. Really, what good is some skinny pieces of wood?"

Bayden turned from where he was picking up some foul smelling mushrooms. The human grinned and shrugged. "Firewood for my burners", he answered simply and grinned when the neko gave a low hiss.

They both perked up in surprise heard the shouts of what sounded like angry villagers.

As the group of humans got closer, Bayden signaled for Ryder to get out of sight.

"Why should I? What makes you think they won't harm you?" The neko demanded and the human inventor sighed, then spoke slowly, mostly to piss the cat off because it was fun.

"Because I am human. They will at least give me the benefit of doubt. If they see you, then you will no doubt be killed, that is if they think I'm only your captive. Mostly likely they'll kill us both, because obviously, I'm here of my own free will", he gestured towards his eccentric, yet very clean state of dress and Ryder sighed, knowing it was the truth.

"Besides", the human continued as he went back to picking flowers. "If they do try to attack me, you can pounce on them from above".

Ryder grinned as he hurried up a tree, which was an easy feat for his kind, and perched on branch that was out of sight and yet left him a view of below.

He saw the group of humans, not just villagers, but hunters and knew that Bayden had been right about his hiding from view.

He listened as the human spoke of how he was just out gathering things for expirments; which was true, and then said he not seen any youkai of any kind, which wasn't really true. But then, from what he heard, the hunters were looking for a kitsune and a neko-dog.

When the hunters were well out of sight, Ryder dropped down and frowned. "Not that I care about kitsunes", he spoke, turning his nose up at the word. "But if they have a neko-inu, then, well our kinds are kinda close, and we did say we would help all of them to safe places, even the kitsunes... So shouldn't we try to find those two?" He ask as he took the bundle of sticks Bayden held out, though he sighed at doing so.

"Most likely those two are long gone", Bayden answered as he grabbed his pack. "And you know as well as I do, perhaps better, just how easy it is to loose someone in here", he sighed just a bit. "I don't like leaving anyone behind anymore then you do, Ryder, but as I said before. It's most likely that they have already escaped. Now letbus finish our duties and return home for some warm honeyed milk and tea".

At the sound of honeyed milk, which was his favorite drink, Ryder perked up and nodded. "Right, so where to now, human".

"The mud bog. I want a sample of that sticky mud".

"More like stinky mud", Ryder muttered, but he followed beside Bayden until they came to the incline.

Once down the steep hill, Ryder's sure footing making it easy for him, though he had to steady the human a few times, they stopped at the bottom. Ryder's nose twitched, there was a smell, and not that of the mud.

He looked across the bog and frowned. He could just make out a form through bushes. He tapped Bayden's shoulder and they moved around the watery mud filled hole until they were met with the sight of a neko-dog not only sitting in the mud, hi also covered.

"He's still young. A puppy really, even if grown and...", he sniffed the air. " An omega!", Ryder said as he moved forward. Bayden followed, but stayed slightly behind him. Most youkai were friendly, some weren't, and if this was a young omega, and if he were one of the two the hunters were after... Well it was very possible that he had a very protective alpha about.
Kalver had only seen the steep drop into the mud bog a moment before he was able to dig his heels into the ground and keep himself from tumbling down the slope, not much like Noah who'd kept running and stumbling after Kalver, his hand leaving the grip of the kitsune. Of course he was worried about injuries and he'd made sure that Noah was alright first before he took off once more. As long as the neko wasn't dead, they'd be able to handle any injuries after they got these humans off their tails. Whether this was a human grudge thing or not, there was enough reason to believe that maybe this group of idiots were simply pissed that Kalver had stolen. That was how he made his money though, it was the only way he could make money really; most places didn't want to hire kitsunes and recently, nekos had been getting the stream of rejection that kitsunes were receiving as well. When the world wouldn't give you any way to provide for yourself, you kind of had to find something that would work. Stealing and thievery weren't legal, sure, but it got Kalver decent money, sometimes more than the humans would make in a month of work. The way things were were definitely backwards but the humans looked to be so hellbent on their ways that Kalver had doubt anything would change anytime soon.

Kalver was able to elude the angry humans by tucking himself under the slight hole beneath a boulder in the woods. It was sticky and wet but it proved to work well as he listened to the group rush past him not too soon afterwards. His feral golden gaze narrowed at the humans and he half wished they'd get lost out here themselves. It would serve them right. The kitsune shimmied out from under the boulder and dusted himself off, turning back towards where the mud bog was and beginning back in that direction. He didn't like to get Noah involved in the skirmishes between he and humans but the neko always found a way to put himself smack dab in the middle of all of it and Kalver could only play along and make sure he was safe.

He didn't honestly know what Noah's parents looked like but from what Noah had told him offhandedly, Kalver had made it his mission to keep an eye out for any pair that might resemble his parents. He didn't announce it to Noah as he didn't need the neko getting excited only to get his hopes crushed when they didn't find them, or worse. That wasn't anything to be worrying about tonight, still. Kalver just needed to get back to him and make sure he was alright, and then maybe they'd find a hotel in the town over or something to stay the night at.

Noah, on the other hand, was still in the bog waiting, wondering if he should try to find a way out and back to Kalver. There had been times where Kalver had left him for extended periods of time by himself, and even though the kitsune promised he'd come back it was only natural for Noah to wonder if he truly was. The kitsune could ditch him at any given time, he wasn't obligated to look after Noah. Noah was grateful every time Kalver did come back; he knew some others would just leave him high and dry. Occasionally it felt like Kalver wanted to do that from time to time but he was stuck with Noah for now.

Noah might have made his leave from the bog if it wasn't for his ankle. Hopefully it was just sprained, but Noah had sprained his ankle before and this felt a lot worse. He knew Kalver would make him use crutches if his ankle was broken and he hated those things, but they weren't new to him.

Splaying his hands out in the mud, his mouth curling down in discontent as the wet soil made a noise at the pressure, Noah pushed himself up onto his feet, carefully placing his weight onto his good foot. He tried wiping more of the mud from his clothes but it only seemed to make the situation worse, the mud on his hands mixing with that on his shirt. He eventually just gave up the prospect and stepped back to look up at the incline, wondering how he'd be able to climb out of the pit before he heard a voice from behind him. He swiveled on his feet, ears now perked and attentive as Noah tried to prepare himself in case those humans had found their way down here, but instead of an angry mob he was met by two others instead - one that seemed to be a human and the other a similar neko, except they were a cat.

Noah swallowed thickly and edged a little closer to the slope of the bog. They might be friendly but it was a bit odd how these two were down here at the same time he and Kalver had been chased. Were they with the group? "Are you with those humans?" he asked tentatively, his grimy tail sitting still behind him. "I told my friend to give the stuff back b-but... I don't know, if you need the money I can pay you." Bargaining would work, possibly. He was really wanting Kalver to show up right about now.
Bayden snorted a little from his position behind Ryder when he heard the other neko offer to pay them, but what he really found interesting were the young man's words before that. 'To give the stuff back.' What stuff?

Whatever it was was the reason those hunger were chasing him and his partner... Where was his partner exactly.

As Bayden looked around, trying to catch sight of anything, Ryder had moved a little closer to the injured neko.

He could tell he was injured because of the way he was standing, and what skin was visible under the muck looked pale...then again, maybe the neko was naturally pale, but Ryder was still certain he was injured.

"It's okay, puppy, we aren't going to harm you", he tried to sound reassuring, like with the children and injured that he and Bayden helped to hide and escape to safer place. "We aren't with those humans. In fact, I've never seen them around here before". He flicked his tail at whatever was buzzing around him and then continued.

"My name is Ryder, and that is Bayden", he pointed to the human who had wondered over near a cusp of trees and sighed. The human was too curious for his own good. No doubt he was looking for signs of the other youkai.

Shaking his head, Ryder turned his pale green eyes back to the blonde. "You're favoring your ankle. Did you hurt it? We can help, ya know", he moved over where Bayden and placed his pack and pulled out a roll of bandages. "You may have broken it, or just sprained it, but either way, if we bind it, it'll feel a bit better", he continued to speak softly as he moved forward, his sleek black tail held high to keep it out of the mud.

Bayden had moved to the trees, he knew there was a trail in there, less step and easy to maneuver if not for all the underbrush, but then again said underbrush made for a good hiding spot.

He had found a long thin tree limb; or what used to be a tree limb, but now was just a stick, and poked one end into the bushes.

"If you're in there, you can come out", he spoke, briefly throwing a glance over his shoulder at Ryder and the other younger neko. They seemed fine, so he turned back and looked some more as he spoke.

"We aren't enemies, or part of that hunter group. We actually help youkai in need and we'll help you and your firend", Bayden tried to sound soft spoken and reassuring, like Ryder tended to be, but he could never seem to get the tone down. Some people even claimed he was more alpha like then omega in manner, which was funny because for all of Ryder's alpha traits, he was soft spoken and kind. They truly were an odd pair.

Shaking his head of his thoughts, he always did get distracted rather easily, Bayden moved to the left and in a bit further, moving the stick from side to side. "From what your friend said, I gather you took something you shouldn't have from the humans hunting you. Which was stupid really, seeing as humans already have enough animosity for your kind. Dare I say that if you had been captured you and your friend could have been treated to something worse then death".

Bayden also had a nasty habit of saying exactly what he felt and thought, no matter the other person's feelings.

"There are those types of people that sell your kind into slavery you know. It's barbaric and inhuman, but then they don't see your kinda as anything other then a means to make a few silver or gold coins...and that's the ones who aren't depraved".

Finding nothing, Bayden sighed heavily and dropped the stick. A perfectly good speech put to waste on nothing but some bushes and trees. Bayden found himself a bit out of sorts.

He'd really be hoping to meet the other youkai. To see exactly what it was the youkia had stolen that had started such a racket, which in the process had put his own expirments and teatime on hold.
Hi. So, if ya wanna wait and do this later...it looks like ya have a lot on your plate, lol, that's fine.
(No it's fine, I've just been sick the past couple of days and it's easier for me to reply to my shorter threads on mobile than it is on desktop which I use for longer threads like these. I don't want to short you a post or anything lol)

Noah knew that Kalver wouldn't be too happy if he got comfortable around these two, even if they weren't with that group of humans who had been chasing them earlier. Noah made sure to keep his guard up just in case anything were to happen. It felt like he couldn't trust too many people lately and it was a pretty shitty thing to feel. He trusted Kalver wholeheartedly, but he was starting to become wary of his own kind now. When the one introduced as Ryder pointed to the other one introduced as Bayden, Noah's gaze flicked towards the human, ears flicking at the crispy sounds of him searching through the forestry. "Is he looking for my friend?" he asked Ryder suddenly, glossing over the concern about his ankle. "You're not going to find him in there if that's who you're looking for." God only knew where Kalver was, he could still be in the midst of being chased by those humans for all Noah knew. Hopefully he came back soon. If these two were honest and really wanted to help then Noah was in no position to turn it down, but he also wasn't going to leave Kalver out here by himself. Sure, the kitsune could take care of his own, but they'd been together for awhile now and it wouldn't make any sense to up and leave.

"It's fine, my friend can fix it up for me." Noah turned back to the other neko, his mud soaked tail curling between his legs as he noticed the other inch closer. Noah crossed his arms over his chest and pouted, eyes narrowing at the human still off searching for whatever or whoever it was he was looking for. "Well he was kind of desperate, it's just something he does." Noah had tried plenty of times to talk to Kalver and convince him from stealing from businesses and people but it never worked. Kalver had been at the job of thievery long since before he'd run into Noah and the kitsune made sure to let the neko know exactly that. He didn't plan on stopping his source of income just because he had a pet neko around, thus, Noah was forced to live with it. Noah presumed Kalver was a fugitive in some places and he could only hope that he didn't get his name added as a partner in crime as well. He didn't really help steal, per se, but he didn't let Kalver to his own. Sometimes he served as a distraction, even if just to ensure Kalver didn't get himself into too much trouble, but sometimes that was unavoidable and they were both in deep.

Noah looked up towards the incline of the bog and then back towards the pair. "If there's anything you could help me with, maybe getting out of this bog because-"

The neko was promptly cut off when a large form landed in front of him, and Noah stumbled back and covered his face as specks of mud were flung towards him. When he opened his eyes he was surprised to find Kalver there but in his kitsune form; a sleek all white wolf with golden slit eyes, and his many tails were held high behind him in a threatening gesture. Kalver had his teeth bared at Ryder and Bayden and Noah frowned as he stepped forward. Kalver nudged him back with his head but Noah pushed him aside which earned him a deep growl. "Oh, stop," Noah drawled, eyeing Kalver and giving him a look that definitely said to quit it. Noah looked back at Ryder and Bayden, shrugging some. "As you can see... you probably would've seen him if he'd been in those bushes." Kalver's stance relaxed slightly but he was still on edge, ready to lunge at either the cat neko or the human if they so much as tried anything. 

"What'd you steal, jewelry?" Noah made a face at Kalver who snorted in response. "Anyways, it's probably not a good idea for any of us to be out here..."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Closed w/CeruleanSnowFlake Koi 46 4,177 02-05-2018, 05:24 AM
Last Post: CeruleanSnowFlake
  C [NSFW] Our Debut Was A Masterpiece || CeruleanSnowFlake chrome 19 3,480 10-19-2016, 06:21 PM
  C Sit Still, Look Pretty || (CeruleanSnowFlake) chrome 17 3,041 09-13-2016, 01:36 AM
  C Of The Night || (CeruleanSnowFlake) chrome 23 3,470 09-12-2016, 04:39 AM
  C Tension in family (CeruleanSnowFlake) anibus3 27 5,253 08-30-2016, 06:32 AM