MAPs (private rp- no commenting till the end)
Rainbow 

(At an office in a small town- a woman with pulled back dark brown hair and glasses slams her folders onto the darkened mahogany desk, her green eyes glaring intently at the woman in front of her)

(Lisa)- Honestly Kira you cant expect me to publish this!

(Kira)- Why dont you believe me Lisa?! (Stands up almost defiantly, her blond hair a sort of frazzled mess and its obvious that shes been working on this for a while-) Im telling you this is serious!!

(Lisa)- It is NOT serious Kira-! This is nonsense- Go find something else to report on- starving children, a murder I dont care!

(Kira)-.....(Seems a bit disheartened and moves to step away from the seat) yes ma'am...

(Lisa)- And go get john for me...I have to speak with him about something important.

(Kira)- (seems even more annoyed) yes ma'am...I'll be right back with him- (moves to pull her folders off the desk and sort of hugs them close- before she moves to leave the room-shutting it behind her- off to her left she hears a few other people talking to each other about a boys disappearance. But Kira is undeterred as she goes towards Johns office- fixing her hair a bit before gently knocking on the door) J
ohn?
(As Kira enters John's office John's desk seems almost too organised as she tries to comprehend it in comparrisson to her own sense of 'organised chaos.' Pencil pot on the left, only one stack of files in a file tray at the far right end of the Oak desk. - Kira had always wondered why he got his own desk whle everyone else had the same old and battered mahogany that had clearly seen one too many staff Christmas parties. Office tools such as stapler, sharpener, paperclips all kept neatly in one open drawer and John's favourite coffee mug sat about four inches infront of him. John looks up from his paper work, removing his reading glasses and brushing a small lock of brown hair away from his green eyes.)

.... "Oh hello Kira, it's nice to see you - but i'm pretty busy right now. I'm working on the heist story from last week - remember the one where the theives dressed up as clowns? -It's a pretty clever disguise you know, because the colouful faces and novelty costumes distract people from taking in details of their real faces. All they can remember is the big feet, funny nose and the make up. No-one can tell us what they really looked like."

(Kira)- (looking at Johns office a moment- she always does, shes clean in her own area- but not this Psychotically clean- and though shes known john for a while- this sort of obsession still slightly unnerves her to the slightest degree. Kira moves some hair behind an ear with a hand while holding the folders with the other against her chest) Lisa asked me to come get you about something....But I'll warn you- shes not very happy...
"How unusual for Lisa of all women not to be happy" ...(said John with a smirk that curved halfway up his left cheek.) "Ok I guess i'll just have to go talk to her. - Is she in her office or the staff room?.....Actually, nevermind I know where she'll be."

....(John had been working for the 'Daily Informant' for a little under 4 years now, he was 25 and had started out making the tea and generally being used to do all the odd jobs no-one wanted. But he was determined to become a reporter no matter how long it took. Lisa was strict and vicious as a hellcat on heat - but she was also the only one who had seen John's potential and had made him a deal.

- If he could turn the smallest bit of what she called 'garden fence gossip' into real news - she'd give him a reporting job. - But he'd still have to make her coffee. His big break came when he took a story about a mysterious burglar that had a ponchont for anything red and turned it into the biggest selling edition the paper had sold that year. 'Towns people see red as mystery theif on the loose' - Coinsidently it turned out to be a cat that was entering through cat flaps and doggy doors and collecting them as trinkets.

- John headed to the staff lunch room, he didn't like the lunch room too much, it was too big and bright and there were too many people and way too much noise. He preferred to make a simple slad at home and eat at his desk. As he poured Lisa's coffee (black, very black - with no sugar) he wondered what had stressed her out now. He knocked on the door before entering the old empty copier room. Since everything was done via laptops ad email these days it had been left abandoned - he knew this is where Lisa would go when she was in danger of ripping someone's heart right from their chest if they so much as breathed too loud."

"Heard you needed a coffee Lisa...it's just how you like it, black tar with hot water and a hint of coffee."

(Kira)- (watches John leave for a moment before sighing and going back to her own area-)

(Lisa)- (Sitting at the abandoned table shes usually sat at when shes in this position, and most of the other employees know not to even mess with her when shes like this and just leave her alone, but John he was the exception- so much work- so many idiots and so little time to get anything productive done. Lisa let out an exasperated sigh and took off her glasses to rub the bridge of her nose with two fingers- setting the spectacle on the table and holding her hand out for the mug he offered- taking it from him and taking a drink, setting the mug on the table with both hands upon its sides) Im beginning to think you're the only competent one in this entire building...
"You're just beginning to realise that huh? - Here's your tar" (Closing the brown door with his foot John sat on the floor with his own mug of what he considered real coffee and looked up at Lisa.) "So, where's the fire?"
(Lisa)- (Completely ignores his smartass remark- in lieu of telling him instead why she needs him, if there's one thing she always is with John its honest. He's at least earned that amount of respect from her.) As Im sure you know there have been reports of suspicious activity in the old farmhouse on the outer side of town. But its just not suspicious activity now, theres also the possibility of kidnapping. Quite a few people have gone missing- but the cops cant do anything yet as they havent been gone long enough- and most of them return within the deadline. I need you to go investigate this for me and see what you can find out...and I have a feeling its a very big story..(takes another drink of her "Tar")
"Alright, no problem i'll go down there just before dawn tommorow. I'll make my observations ad report back to you within a few days. I wont take my cell just incase, last thing I need is to get caught with a communication device of any kind."
(Lisa)- You should have something just in case...This isnt like those other cases I've sent you on- this is serious, this isnt a cat burgalar or some guy who thinks hes hitler- (makes a motion with a hand for emphasis) If I lose you john- I lose this company...Just promise me you'll be careful!
(Getting up and heading to the door John turns to Lisa with a smirk) ..."Are you admitting that you actually care about another human being Lisa? Could this be love?" (John knows full well Lisa would never admit to such a thing whether she does care or not, he also knows she's a good shot and quickly ducks behind the door pulling it closed as she throws her mug at him.) "I'll be fine!" (shouting from behind the door)
(Lisa)- (clearly annoyed- he may be a brilliant reporter- but if theres one thing she cant stand its backtalk- and John is FULL of it- her coffee mug shatters against the close door ,and Lisa finds herself feeling very unfulfilled- with remarks like that she wanted the mug to hit him- with a growl she decided to just continue to stew in her abandoned room at her abandoned table- with nothing but the unused and dead copiers to keep her company.)

(Kira)- (standing outside the door looking at John as he walks out, watches him shut the door and then jumps a little when she hears the mug shatter- just another day in the office) So shes obviously still mad
? (Putting a few stray hairs behind one of her ears with a hand)
"Nah, she's a kitten." [Hellcat on heat more like] "Kira, any chance I can give you a couple of things to take care of while i'm gone for a few days?" (John knows Kira has a crush on him and doesn't normally like to take advantage but he knows he can trust Kira not to tell Lisa he'll be leaving his phone behind)
(Kira)- (seems a bit startled at the request- but shes obviously very willing to do nearly anything John asks of her) Oh...Of course, anything you need. Where are you going?...Did she finally let you have a vacation?
Not quite, I should be back in a few days but if i'm gone any more than a week you should find my location in my phone. I need it to stay here, and try not to upset Lisa ok? I'm gonna head on home for an early night.

(Entering his apartment block John took out his mail from it's designated box on the wall and headed up the stairs. Getting through the door John took off his shoes, his apartment was always almost spotlessly clean and unbearabley tidy. The living room was painted a dark forest green with only a small wooden table where he kept his keys and his mail and a brown leather couch against the wall with two book cases either side. He put down the mail as he passed the table and went straight to his bedroom. Painted a much lighter, spring like green he took off his clothes and put them in their designated sections of the wash basket. Whites, darks, colours. Climbing into bed and pulling the sheets up over his shoulders John fell staight to sleep thinking of what tommorow may bring.)
--------Cut scene--------
(Outside an old, shabby farmhouse a van is parked up and two men are heard talking)

"Atlas you thick son of a bitch get your ass over here and help me unload this crate and get it into the farmhouse. It sure as hell aint gonna do it by itself and it's gonna rain soon. The maps will be ruined!"

(At the sound of the one man yelling another man who's leaning against the side of the van smoking a cigarette, he has shoulder length dark dreadlocks and a sleeveless army type vest on with camouflage pants and huge army boots- with an annoyed noise the man moves and tosses the cigarette to the ground and crushes it under foot after moving away from the vehicle and walks towards his comrade)

(Atlas)- Jesus man- if you keep yelling like that it wont matter if the MAPs get wet because you'll be telling every f****ing person where we are...(Moves over to help with the crates) So stop yelling would you???? (Helps him carry the crates inside and deposits them in the room designated for them-the MAP storage room, and walks back out to get some more) Keep your F***ing mouth quiet and MAYBE the cops wont find us... (moves to pick up another crate to bring inside)
(Deamon)..... "Atlas don't you fucking forget who's encharge here - don't push me." Now get the rest of them inside and tell the others to start storing the pills. - Oh and Atlas, if you fuck this up - i'll slice you."

(Deamon is a black, strong built man in his late twenties. He wears his hair in corn rows and has no emotional attatchments to anything besides his own life. He has no moral values and lives by the motto 'I never ask twice.' He wears a white tank top, black jeans and steel toe cap boots.)
(Atlas)- (seems to almost sneer at him as he pulls another crate off the back of the vehicle- but he covers it up well by pretending it was simply because the crate was heavy- muttering as he carries it inside) Slice me..I'd like to see him try..(however once he brings it inside he has a genuine question for his boss) Do you really think we can sell all of these?..theres alot here...
"Of course we can, - we sell them on the black market - there'll be plenty of paying customers. and afterall it's basic supply and demand. - They demanded it, the government wouldn't supply it so here we are getting ready to make a fortune. - We skip towns every few weeks and the cops will never catch wise, and just incase we get any trying to sniff us out - I came up with a plan to make us look like any regular market stall. We sell maps of the local area rolled up in tubes that you hang around your neck. - perfectly handy, innocent tourists trade stall - and if we do suspect the customer's a cop we give them a 50% discount, 25% because we don't wanna look suspicious selling over priced maps and 25% for being fine upstanding members of society who are looking out for the well being of our local market."

(Deamond sarcastically grins and almost has Atlas believing he's going to break into a laugh as he talks. Except Deamod never laughs, in the 5 years they've known each other Atlas could never say he'd seen Deamon laugh - that's the way Deamon liked to keep it, the minute you become pals, you loose the fear and respect)
(Atlas)- (listening to him, somehow Daemons Optimism on this subject unnerves the dreadlocked man just slightly. He almost has it TOO well thought out. And its not that Atlas WANTS to get caught by the police-but still he thinks this plan is a bit crazy.) Whatever you say Daemon....(rolls his eyes somewhat) because you're the most upstanding citizen there is....(Pulls another crate off the van-) you should get a fuckin medal...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C On Camera (w/hyenadog) (End~) bhdire8 952 135,859 11-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Hyenadog
  one night stand (private w/ Lovebite) jrcash 0 1,027 02-23-2017, 02:35 PM
Last Post: jrcash
  private w/ Kross jrcash 61 10,040 12-24-2016, 11:52 AM
  twin packages (private with lxcttrll) jrcash 223 32,750 11-01-2016, 11:50 AM
Last Post: lxcttrll
  C Private with jrcash Terumi.y 51 9,462 10-27-2016, 06:47 PM