The High Seas (MBX and Eskal)
Nereus smiled at his class, proud that he had a group of such inquisitive young minds. He was a history teacher at the elementary level, and received permission to take his class out to view one of the community's older noble homes, long since abandoned and turned into an exhibit of history. He looked up at the lightness of the sky and nodded.

"Alright, children. Grab your things. It's an early release home today. I wish you a happy Life Festival, and stay safe. Dismissed."

There came a cheering from all of the young ones, who began swimming home. He stayed back to make sure his students were safe on their way home before swimming off to the marketplace. The Life Festival was a time-honored tradition of this particular community, which celebrated life and family, all in leading up to where young men like himself would find a mate. He felt excited, as this would be the first mating season that he was able to take part in, and he wanted to look his best.
Pelagius was taking an alternate route home this particular afternoon as he needed more personal time after an exhausting day at the hospital. He had just left the military medics, but his domestic job was draining. Especially with all the expectant fathers coming in. While his people could mate any time of the year, spring into summer was the most active time for as long as their records showed. He paused as a small pod of children swam past. He was an older merfolk and hadn't yet made much effort into finding a mate or having children. His parents, namely his father, was really starting to pressure him into starting a family. As if he didn't have enough grandchildren from his brothers and sisters.

"Good tides, Nereus," he called to his friend. Rather a friend of one of his much younger brothers. "How are you this afternoon?"
Nereus perked up from his spot in the marketplace. He smiled when he saw Pelagius, swimming over to meet him.

"Good tides." He returned,"I am rather nervous about the mating ceremony. And everything following it. Becoming a father and all of that."

He swam about, his periwinkle scales shimmering in the light. He looked over at a couple playing with two children, each likely born the year before. He smiled, absolutely enjoying the sight. It was partially why he had chosen to be a teacher, merely enjoying teaching young minds and the general innocence of childhood. He gently put a hand on his torso near his empty pouch.

"I certainly hope I get in a settlement where I have another male." He said simply,"Or someone close to keep watch on me. I feel rather jittery of the whole thing."
Pelaguis browsed the wares. His pale green hair was pulled back into a tight pony tail, with only a lock of hair at each side of his face. "The ceremony is merely an introduction these days, my friend. There is no need to fret over it." He selected some fish and some fruit. "Though, fatherhood is fairly reasonable. I have plenty of nieces and nephews to know that." He paid the vendor. "Also, your mate should be able to help out enough. Unless she's completely traditional."
Nereus nodded. He could not hep but notice a few females checking him and his friend out, almost like they were prizes. He blushed and looked down, twiddling his fingers. He prayed to the gods that he was chosen by a loving companion. He looked and bought some fish and a hair ornament made from some sort of tooth.

"You not calming any fears, my friend." He gave a nervous chuckle,"I just hope I am a good father."

He put the ornament in his pale blue hair, staring to his friend. He kept swimming, looking for more things to make for dinner that night.
"You'll be a fine father," Pelagius stated. He glanced at the two women staring at them and rolled his eyes. "Any woman would be lucky to have you help with raising children. Come to my place for dinner. I'll cook. I have some tuna and kelp if you're interested."
Nereus nodded and decided to take the offer. "That is awfully generous." He nodded,"And I appreciate the confidence boost." He chipped in by buying the extra kelp that was described for dinner.
Once they finished their shopping, Pelagius swam back to his home with his friend. It was just outside of the militia settlement where he once lived. It was a sturdy building, it was small since it only had two bedrooms, but it was enough for Pelagius since he wasn't planning on starting a family any time soon. Pelagius floated in the kitchen as he used a spark of his magic to get the enchanted stone to start warming up. His home was hardly decorated. But what he did have were little knick-knacks that he had gathered over the years. Most of them were from the surface world, gifts from an old friend.
Nereus looked around the home, staring at all of the strange things on the walls and about. They did not look like merfolk craftsmanship. "Pelagius. These are surface worlder items. Aren't you afraid someone might convict you of heresy?" He asked, concerned,"I wont say word, as you are a good friend." He swam about a bit nervously. He calmed himself down and simply waited for dinner.
"Not particularly," Pelagius stated. He offered a beverage sack to Nereus. "Feel free to sit where-ever you're comfortable. You can touch them if you'd like. These are harmless. By the way, how do you like your tune steak prepared? Well done or rare?"
"Well done." Nereus smiled and sat down on a couch. He watched over all the nick-knacks. He was rather curious about what layed beyond the surface. But, the tradition dictated that it was punishible by death to breach the surface, as it was heresy against the temple.
Pelagius soon had the meal prepared and served it up on stone plates. "Is there any particular person you have your eyes on?"
Nereus picked up his plate and carved a little into the tuna steak. He nibbled at it and fell in love with the taste. He blushed, however, when his friend prodded about the females he had his eyes on. "Yeah...She probably thinks I don't exist." He sighed,"Castalia..." Ah, Castalia, one of the middle daughters of Lady Nadia, a noble woman of these parts. Nereus did not want the younger noble for her riches, but for her beauty. Her scales were a golden yellow, as her was a blonde, with fiery eyes of reddish-orange.
Pelagius blinked and stopped eating for a moment. "Well...She certainly is beautiful." He had met Castalia soon after moving to this particular town, Lady Nadia made it a point to greet those who were a part of the militia. The Lady had several children as well as many mates who cared for them. She went after those with brilliant colors as well as a rich history of daughters in their family line. Castalia was quiet, that's all Pelagius knew about her besides her looks. Granted he never actually held a conversation with her. Their meeting was merely a formality on her mother's part.
Nereus blushed and nodded,"Like I said. Likely not to notice me. What about you?" He knew it was a doubt question to ask his friend. Ever since he started to know Pelagius, he knew the other male was not that far interested in such things. A dedicate healer, his friend was.
"There's no real point in me participating," Pelagius said simply. "I'm infertile."
Nereus nearly choked on his food when he heard that. "I'm so sorry..." He said to his friend. "Since when?" He felt an obligation now to make sure that Pelagius would ne involved with hisown children, gods willing he was mated.
"It's not that big of a deal, Nereus. I was born this way." Pelagius shrugged and turned his attention to the food on his plate.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Pregnant High... (Anyone and Everyone can JOIN!) VicaLovey 330 59,469 04-07-2018, 05:09 AM
Last Post: Littleittyboy
  C Real-life monster high (With Torn) Hlperry 23 2,748 08-01-2017, 04:22 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  C High School Love(Cashewmanz) Terumi.y 41 6,644 11-05-2016, 03:35 PM
Last Post: cashewmanz
  C Oppressive Seas (Closed w/ Lovebite) Marley 195 30,464 10-20-2016, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Lovebite
  Sex high -open NSFW- ~Zacharie~ 26 6,813 10-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Last Post: dolria1
  The high king servant //NSFW PAFP// ~Zacharie~ 0 821 09-19-2015, 09:28 PM
Last Post: ~Zacharie~
  Paternity Ward (Closed with Eskal) BabyDaddy 0 1,546 11-29-2014, 02:42 AM
Last Post: BabyDaddy
  Navigating the Seas (BabyDaddy and Eskal) Eskal 360 111,128 09-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Eskal