Navigating the Seas (BabyDaddy and Eskal)
Arvia looked at him from across the room. He was sitting at the bar. She downed emptied her sack of fermented sea fruits and swam up to the bar. "So," she said as she glided into the stool beside him. "I heard you have a big pouch."
Ralor took one look at the female sauntering over to him and rolled his eyes. "Leave it, honey, I have a shift starting before dawn," the healer said, downing a shot that the bartender gave him. He coughed a bit before looking at the mermaid beside him.

"Besides, that is the worst pickup line I've ever heard," he scoffed.
"Fair enough, that was a rather horrible pickup line." She flagged down the barkeep and ordered another drink for herself. "I'm Arvia. I'm a sentry in the forth sector." She eyes him, her eyes taken by his purple spots that decorated his tail. the fins at his hips were large and muscular, she liked that in a man. He was a strong and steady swimmer. Easy girl. Can't just pounce on a guy in public. She turned her attention to her drink as it arrived.
Ralor eyed her drink before ordering a fruity dessert drink of his own. "Ralor. Medic, third sector," he replied carefully. The mermaid's fit and toned body gave away her military background. Though the aggressive woman's way of flirting needed some work...
Arvia swept back her orange and yellow hair behind her ear. "One of my colleagues just transferred from there. Her name's Yara. she was supposed to meet me here tonight, but it seems she flaked out again." She sipped her drink. "What brings you here?"
Ralor took a sip of the sweet drink. "Shift starts in a few hours. Not used to taking the early one, so I need something to... help," he responded.
"Want to know a good way to stay awake?" she asked slyly.
Ralor laughed, almost in her face. "If you think you're gonna take me away, make me one of your trophy husbands, and stick babies in me, you're wrong honey," he said, finishing his drink in one sip. "I'm going to take my leave, if you don't mind."
"Wait. Shit. Don't." She tripped over her words, suddenly becoming flustered. "Ug... Geeze I really suck at this." She sighed. "I'm sorry." She offered a hand as an apology. Last time I ever listen to Mom about hooking men...
Ralor raised an eyebrow. "Look... I have to go. I'll probably see you around the base sometime," he replied, refusing her hand and starting to swim out. Pigfish, he thought.
Arvia frowned and found herself wanting to swim after him, but she knew it could end poorly. She shook her head and bolted out of the bar soon after Ralor had made his leave. She looked around the crowd in the front of the bar, she even swam above it, but he was gone. She sighed as she sunk down onto a bench. "Now what...?" She asked herself as she braided a small lock of her hair. "Oh!" She clasped her hands together as she bolted upwards. I know just the thing! She swam to the market place, only to find the stores closed. She scrunched her nose. She'd have to wait until later in the morning.
His shift ended had ended and Ralor was swimming around the base a bit, completing his exercises for the day. He would have to go back to his room in the barracks to sleep, but he still had enough energy for now. A swift swim in the park was a great way to pass some time.
"Ralor!" Arvia called to him as she swiftly swam up with a small, worn bouquet of vibrant sea flowers and kelp clutched in her hands. She thrust it towards him. "Here. It's for last night."
"Huh?" Ralor said aloud as his name was called. He turned to see the brash mermaid from the bar swimming towards him. He looked down to see the flowers in her hand. "I... oh..." he stuttered, clearly taken aback by the gesture.
"Can we start over? I mean, I understand if you don't want to..." She started messing with her braid. "It just...Took me forever to just talk to you last night...Yara was supposed to be my fin-girl...so to speak..."
"Ummm..." Ralor stuttered, still kind of surprise and a loss of what to do. "...sure?" he said tentatively.
Arvia beamed and held out a hand. "I'm Arvia. It's a pleasure to meet you."
Ralor managed a grin and took her hand. He noticed how rough and worked her hand was... he kind of liked it. "Ralor," he replied softly.
"It's nice to meet you, Ralor." Great, now what? She asked herself.
Ralor raised an eyebrow and noticed her nervousness. Wonderful, he thought. He let go of her hand and slowly began to swim, beckoning her along. "As is the same," he replied.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C Oppressive Seas (Closed w/ Lovebite) Marley 195 30,461 10-20-2016, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Lovebite
  Mythical Ranch (Closed with BabyDaddy) WolfenBreeder 46 12,059 07-17-2015, 02:56 AM
Last Post: WolfenBreeder
  The Minotaur's "Wife" (Closed with BabyDaddy) EnamelEyes 89 28,947 05-04-2015, 03:34 AM
Last Post: EnamelEyes
  Shelter from the Storm (Closed with BabyDaddy, possibly NSFW) SRuiz 66 16,009 02-24-2015, 12:51 AM
Last Post: SRuiz
Star Into Hope (CLOSED RP W/ BABYDADDY) Redbane 30 8,385 12-09-2014, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Redbane
  Paternity Ward (Closed with Eskal) BabyDaddy 0 1,546 11-29-2014, 02:42 AM
Last Post: BabyDaddy
  A Tenor bit of a Problem (SRuiz and BabyDaddy) SRuiz 102 30,520 09-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SRuiz
  The High Seas (MBX and Eskal) MpregBoyX 17 4,825 07-17-2014, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Eskal