The Pirate's Secret. A Fantasy Spinoff. FINISHED

Arnwen's face fell. "D'ya at least know if it was a one time thing?"

I'm just here for a laugh

"I...I don't want it to be, but I don't want you getting into any trouble because of it..."

"Most 'f th' crew leave me be. All we really 'ave to do is be quiet 'n outta the way. But,you sshouldn't be on the same rung 's me. You could sneak away from th' rest ev'r now 'n agin."

Valen nodded. "Alright."

"Th' real problem is makin' sure ya ain't bottom rung like me. Ya need ta be liked by the others if yer gonna last 'ere. But... spare some time fer me?"

"I will."

"Good." Arnwen said. He put down his rat club a moment and kissed Valen.

Valen blushed and kissed back.

Weeks passed, and Valen proved, at least for the moment, that he could fit in on the ship. He had gained a modicum of acceptance from the crew, which had been hard-won. Arnwen, of course, remained the bottom of the ladder, and Valen was, on occaision, expected to join the rest of the crew in their mistreatment of him. Not that Arnwen minded. As long as they were friends behind all of that nastiness, he was willing to overlook it. All the same, Valen was never above scrutiny from Captain Reinhardt. Ashahn, who was the captain's right hand, also seemed to be scrutinizing him, though what was going through his head was too difficult to figure out.

Still, the two managed to continue their sexual and romantic congress away from the eyes of the other men. And Arnwen could never recall such fine treatment.

One day, Arnwen and Valen were down in the hold, kissing after having made love, their clothes haphazardly pulled back onto their bodies, when Arnwen pulled away from their kiss and looked away, ashamed. "Ah have somethin' ah need tuh say..."

"What's wrong?" Valen asked as he began to button up his shirt.

Arnwen took a few deep breaths, and faced Valen once more. He could barely raise his voice above a mumble. "There's a bun in muh oven..."

Valen froze and slowly turned his head to his lover. "As in like a food baby...?"

"No! How do ah say it so ya git it? Ya filled up muh belly wif a baby! Ya stuck me 'n stuffed me! 'M eatin' fer two! Th' pit'r pat'r of lit'l feet's a comin'! Next time ya see a bunch of friggin' birds, one of 'em might be a friggin' stork!"

Valen nodded. "I get it. I get it. What are we going to do?"

Arnwen sighed. "Ah don't know. Can't let no one know, that's for certain. Ah fink the real question is... Do we keep it?"

"Well...A pirate's life isn't really the greatest place to raise a child. Especially with our Captain, but what other choice do we have? It's not like we can go to a doctor without being outed."

"Doc Manon would be happy to do it, ah bet. Or we could save our pennies til we make landfall next. But, do ya WANT it? Ah mean... I dunno if ah'd make the best mum, but it's yours, so ah wouldn't mind..."

Valen was quiet for a few minutes as he thought. "I want to keep it, but we can't stay here Arn. It's too dangerous for you and the baby. I know we can hide it for a while, but...What happens once it starts to show?"

Arnwen shrugged. "Mebbe they'll just assume 'm gettin' fat? Could try to play it tha' way, ah guess." He looked down. "Ah mean, this ain't a question, ah know ah've got a bun in muh oven. I ain't been mornin' sick, but ah been hungry all th' time. And when ah was fored ta eat Craw the cook's barnacle 'n brine surprise? Ah liked it. Ah just thought, ah been made to do it so many times, ah figgered ah just got the taste fer it. But then ah was cravin' it. Ah thought that was odd, 'n then ah started feelin' flutters in muh belly." He looked at his stomach and slowly stoked it with his hands. "'M feelin' 'em right now."

Valen touched Arnwen's stomach. "We'll figure this out, but for now we should be getting back up top."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Animefan22
12-18-2017, 11:22 PM
Last Post by PregnantTheo
10-11-2017, 04:54 PM
Last Post by tjopj44
08-22-2016, 05:25 AM
Last Post by SeanWoods221
11-05-2015, 04:35 AM