The Pirate's Secret. A Fantasy Spinoff. FINISHED

"You'd be bettah off without me." Arnwen mumbled. "You can do bettah."

I'm just here for a laugh

"I'm not leaving you," Valen stated.

Arnwen sniffled. "'M glad ta hear that." His stomach growled. "Can ya git me son food?"

When Valen walked into the galley, no one else's was there. He heard whispers and murmurs from the kitchen. Ashahn walked talking to Craw about something. Whatever it was, it seemed serious.

"It's not that simple. As it is, we may have to settle for something lesser. You just need to be able to make something that can cover the smell and taste of the poison."

Valen was quiet as not to disturb the conversation. He looked around for any fruit or rolls that she could take back to Arnwen.

Unfortunately for Valen, all of the food was currently in the kitchen.

"We've been looking for something better, but we may have to settle for something standard. Once we procure it, the rest falls to you, Craw."

Valen slowly made his way to the kitchen.

Ashahn turned and faced Valen, his entrance not as stealthy as he'd hoped. "I've been meaning to speak with you."

"What about?" Valen asked as his heart began to race.

"We'll finish this later, Craw." He said over his shoulder. He began walking out of the galley, motioning for Valen to follow.

Ashahn and Valen stop at the bow of the ship, staring out into the horizon. "I have a proposition for you."

"What sort of proposition?"

Ashahn turned his view from the ocean to Valen. "Some of us have been planning a mutiny. Or an assassination, if you prefer. Captain Reinhardt is unfit to run this ship, and we know it. The crew is too small to run this operation properly, and we owe that to him. Parts of the ship are in disrepair, and we owe that to him. The cruelty and abuse Arnwen faces on a daily basis... we owe that to him." Ashahn looked away, shame washing over him. "And partly to myself."

"Why is it you treat him so poorly? He's much too simple to do anything to upset you, at least with directly."

"Arnwen's been on this ship longer than any of us. He served the previous owners. He knows the ship better than anyone. Which is why the captain hates him. He believes no one should no a ship better than its captain, and that Arnwen undermines his authority in this way. But he can't let him go and lose that knowledge. He needs to keep him around. The others mistreat him to gain favor with the captain, or because they know that the captain allows certain things to happen just so he can punish Arnwen."

Valen frowned as he couldn't think of anything to say.

"I believe you have a stake in the captain's removal. After all, you want your lover safe. Your child as well, I assume."

"H...How did you...?" Valen stammered.

"There is nothing on tho ship that happens without my knowing." Ashahn said. "Another reason Reinhardt should not be captain. I allowed your meetings. I have said nothing of the matter to anyone. As I said, I believe you have a stake in the captain's removal. Now that I've said tho to you, though, you have no choice. You join us, or you die."

"I'll join you."

"Good." Ashahn began to walk away, but stopped and turned back to Valen. "You had sex on the night you met, and it's only been a month and a hafl you've known each other, and you have a baby on the way. Can you say you're in love with him?" With that, he walked off.

Valen looked out at the ocean. I have a responsiblility. He said to himself.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Animefan22
12-18-2017, 11:22 PM
Last Post by PregnantTheo
10-11-2017, 04:54 PM
Last Post by tjopj44
08-22-2016, 05:25 AM
Last Post by SeanWoods221
11-05-2015, 04:35 AM