The Pirate's Secret. A Fantasy Spinoff. FINISHED

"The cap'n would find me, ah know he would. E'd send someone ta find me, cuz 'e owns me and 'e don't wanna lose 'is property. You could run... Ah can't."

I'm just here for a laugh

"I can't run," Valen said as he wrapped his arms around Arnwen. "I can't run, not without you. I can't just leave you on that ship. I know people, we could disappear and he could never find us." He squeezed his eyes shut in an attempt to hold tears back as he held Arnwen closer. "I want to be able to protect you. I want things to be better..."

"Ah can't take that risk. Cap'n finds me, 'e might cripple me. 'N ah wouldn't put hurtin' th' baby past 'im."

"He's been hurting the baby all this time!," Valen stated. "He withholds food from you and I can't sneak enough out of the kitchen for you to make up for it. And on top of that he works you like a dog to the point where you're getting injured."

Arnwen sniffled. "But 'e can do worse. If we run away, 'e will, ah know it."

Valen held Arnwen close.

Arnwen sighed. He tried to push the cold thoughts out of his head as he snuggled close to Valen.

"We'll figure something out," Valen assured him.

Arnwen nodded. "Ah know we will." He smiled up at Valen. "Yer smart. If either 'f us can figure it, it's you."

Valen blushed. "And once we're away from the ship I'll teach you how to read and write and maybe we could have more kids once we settle down."

"Ah don't know if it's too late fer me ta learn ta read." Arnwen said.

"We could always try."

"Ah guess." Arnwen looked down at his belly and began feeling it. "Baby feels kinda funny. Ah can feel it's head, 'n it feels odd."

Valen smiled and rubbed Arnwen's belly.

Arnwen smiled and aid his head in the crook of Valen's neck. "Ah love bein' on th' sea, but ah nevah get to be me 'til ah'm on land."

Valen smiled. "I love being at sea, but life on land is nice too."

"Hmmm. Pa once told me, 'Do the world a favor and don't have kids.' Ah wonder what 'e'd say 'bout this?"

Valen chuckled. "I don't think that matters now." He touched Arnwen's belly. "I love you, baby. When you get here, we're going to take such good care of you."

Arnwen smiled so big, his face practically split in half.

"We're going to be one, big, happy family," Valen added.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Animefan22
12-18-2017, 11:22 PM
Last Post by PregnantTheo
10-11-2017, 04:54 PM
Last Post by tjopj44
08-22-2016, 05:25 AM
Last Post by SeanWoods221
11-05-2015, 04:35 AM