Navigating the Seas (BabyDaddy and Eskal)

The older merman put a comforting hand on the young merman's shoulder. "I think you should go talk to the mother, Ralor. At least start there. If she wont take you back, I'll help you figure something out."

"I don't want to be with her! She raped me! I didn't want these... my... children," Ralor said, biting his lip to avoid sobbing. He refused to show weakness.

"I understand that she hurt you," Pelagius said gently. "But you have to keep your children's best interest in mind."

Ralor looked down to the tiny bump that was his stomach. "My children..." he whispered. He didn't really feel attachment yet, and didn't even feel pregnant, if he was honest with himself. But there was no doubt that there were several little eggs growing in his pouch.

Ralor sighed. "I'll go to her after this shift," he said.

(Quick question: are females less common than males? I notice that if a female has several husbands, and they all have 2+ babies at a time, there we would be a huge population explosion)

(Females are less common than males. Also things like human interference and sharks end to keep the population under control)

"I can go with you if you need the support," Pelagius offered. "It can be difficult."

"No. I won't give her the satisfaction of watching me grovel," Ralor said, straightening himself up.

"Now, we have a shift to finish. Where do you want me to go?" he asked his superior.

"You have some paperwork to catch up on. Once you finish you can leave for the day," Pelagius stated.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Arvia gently kissed Laven's lips. "I'm going to the market to get something for dinner. Anything in particular that you would like?" Her eyes wandered down his body and saw that his pouch had finally sealed itself.

Laven noticed her wandering eyes and smiled, placing her hand on his sealed over pouch. "They're planted, my lady. Don't worry," he said giggling, kissing her again.

"Fantastic." She returned the kiss. "So what do you want for dinner?"

"Mmmm, I know how to make a really good manatee steak, if you don't mind waiting a bit when you get back," he replied. "On that thought, get some greens too."

"Alright." Arvia kissed him once again before heading out the the market. She returned least than an hour later with two large steaks and a large bunch of greens. "I picked up some coral too."

"Perfect! I'll get started on these immediately," he said, hurrying into the kitchen.

(Should I have Ralor come by?)

(Sure. Should Pelagius be there as well?)

"Anything you want me to help with."

(Sure, why not?)

"The kitchen is a merman's domain, my lady, please stay out of my way while I work my magic," Laven said with a laugh, but with a hint of seriousness as well.

"Fair enough," Arvia chuckled.

A faint knock on the door made Laven's ears perk up. "My lady, I think there is someone at the door," he said, knowing it was not proper for a male to answer the house's door when his wife was home.

"I've got it," Arvia said. Her eyes widened as she opened the door.
"Good evening," Pelagius said.
"He...Hello."

Ralor noticed Arvia's eyes bug out and her smile fade into a tight-lipped frown. "I know...I'm the last person you expected to see."

"Um...Yeah."
"Mind if we come in?"
Arvia floated off to the side and motioned for the two to enter the living room. She was grateful for the curtain blocking off the entrance to the kitchen. "Can I get you anything? Something to drink?"

"I...can't..." Ralor said softly, placing a hand on the tiny bulge of his belly, knowing that Arvia knew of his pregnancy by now.
"I'll take something stiff, if you have it, my lady," Pelagius replied.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BabyDaddy
11-29-2014, 02:42 AM
Last Post by Eskal
07-17-2014, 12:34 AM