Navigating the Seas (BabyDaddy and Eskal)

"Alright, I called in somebody to cover us. Can you swim alright?"

~~~~~

Arvia helped Laven gather Ralor's belongings. "Should I go see him?"

Laven shook his head. "No. He never cared about you anyway. Besides," the merman said, guiding Arvia's hand to his flat belly "your babies are right here."

Arvia managed a smile and nodded. "I know." She kissed him. "I love you, Laven."

~~~
Pelagius opened the door to his house. "Here we are." The interior was filled with knick-knacks from the surface world, from his days in the field. He brought Ralor to the spare bedroom. "It's not much, but that just means there's plenty of room for your belongings."

"Pelagius, the fact that you took me in and let me stay here is enough of a gift. I cannot thank you enough," Ralor said sincerely as he gently set down the bags of his belongings.

"You should take a few days to recover from your ordeal. I'm sure I can find somebody to cover you."

"I...please...let me work. It will help. And I'll be in the medic hall in case something goes wrong," Ralor pleaded, looking into Pelagius's eyes.

"You need to rest, Ralor. You've been working a lot and it could have triggered the miscarriage along with all the other stress you've been under. Just take a day or two off." Pelagius stated. "I need to train some new residents anyway."

Ralor bit his lip, but listened to his superior and housemate. "Fine. But at least let me do something around here," he said.

"You could redecorate, I suppose. I haven't done it in a while. Just don't get rid of my surface artifacts. They're gifts from a friend of mine."

"Of course. I won't touch anything without your permission. Besides," Ralor said, looking around the common area, "you could use a younger merman's touch in here," he said.

"Well, I am in my mid forties," Pelagius chuckled. He picked up a bright red, geode from one of the shelves. "He's nearly twenty now..."

Ralor turned backward, looking at his boss. "Who is?" he asked.

(I figure Ralor would be around 25, since he had to have medical training.)

"A human I saved back during my field days," Pelagius stated. "Nearly got kicked out of the service for it too. He drops things down here once in a while for me. It's been a while though." He put the geode down with a melancholy look on his face. "Noah is the closet I'll get to having kids, so I keep everything he's given me."

"It's an amazing collection. You should really get a display for it. I mean an actual display, Pelagius, not just a bunch of creaky shelves," Ralor remarked, looking at the tediously placed items.

Pelagius chuckled. "That'll be one of your projects I guess."

~~~~

Arvia snuggled close to Laven. "Want to go out for dinner to night?"

(Where's the Arvia and Laven plotline going to go?)

(Not exactly sure, honestly. We could just see where it goes? We could just explore their relationship.)

(I feel like a time skip might be in order. Maybe about two months? Laven's pregnancy would progress and Pelagius and Ralor could begin falling in love.)

(Sounds good to me.)

Two months passed since the fateful week that Ralor had miscarried. While the merman had not let it affect him too much, the memory would remain with him forever. The young medic continued to live with Pelagius and they found that they both enjoyed each other's company... perhaps a bit more than normal.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BabyDaddy
11-29-2014, 02:42 AM
Last Post by Eskal
07-17-2014, 12:34 AM