Navigating the Seas (BabyDaddy and Eskal)

Arvia took a shaking breath and wiped tears away from her face. She sighed and went to her room.

Pelagius sighed as he came into the break room of the medical building of sector 3. He ran a hand through his long, muted green ponytail. "Who the hell taught these recruits? I haven't seen so many students struggle with simple healing spells in a long time. I'm going to have to visit the camp and talk to them about this." He glanced his over at the table. "You're still on break Ralor?" He swam over. "You look like whale shit."

Ralor groaned a bit. "Shut the fuck up..." he mumbled, which only made his friend laugh harder. "The bar... so much..." he groaned, determined not to let anyone know that he was carrying.

"If you drank so much, why didn't you stay home? I'm sure I could've called in Seirus to cover you...Granted he is taking care of his late sister's husband. He's getting pretty close to delivering." He sat on the table and looked at his weary coworker. "It's nearly the end the shift, you can leave early if you want." He poked at the homemade lunch. "You've barely eaten..."

Ralor shook his head. "If I eat, I vomit," he groaned. He got up from the table and swam around a bit, stretching. "I'll be fine. Where do they want me?" he asked, getting ready to go back to work.

(Need me to play secondary characters to Arvia?)

(Sure.)

"I think they need help in the clinic," Pelagius said. "You have to eat some time, Ralor."

"...Fine. If I vomit, I'm blaming you," he said, grudgingly sitting down to eat.

(What would she be doing?)

(Teasing Arvia or something? I'll roll with whatever you come up with. :) )

"That's a chance I'm willing to take," Pelagius stated. The older merman got off the table. "It's a rather nice lunch, I didn't know you took up cooking like that."

Ralor snorted. "I'm a still a male, Pelagius, and we're damn good cooks," he chuckled, taking a bite of his lunch. His mind wondered to the piggish mermaid who put the eggs in him.

Pelagius snickered. "True. I'm pretty decent myself, though I don't do big productions much anymore. It's just me after all."
"That's why you need a wife," another merman chimed in as he came into the room. "And some kids."
Pelagius half heartedly laughed and adjusted his red arm-band, a sing of his rank within the medical unit. "Very funny." Not many knew of his condition, so he had gotten used the jabs over the years of working.

Arvia floated through the market place, stopping at a stall here and there to look at their wares. What should I make him for tomorrow...? She asked herself. She sighed. She wasn't even sure that he was eating what she sent. She wasn't the best cook the ocean had ever seen, but she didn't think she was that bad at it.

A curious shopkeeper raised her eyebrow as Arvia slowed down in front of her stall. "What's a fine mermaid like you doing at a food stall? One of your husbands should be out here," she cackled, "cause there's no way you're still single, honey!"

"Oh...It's fine." Arvia said with a smile. "I have a special meal planned for us."

"Meet me in the clinic when you're done Ralor. We could use some help down there."

(Who's the second speaker?)

(Pelagius. Sorry for not making that clear.)

Ralor finished up his lunch and eagerly swam into the hallway, ready to get his mind off things. "Where do I need to go?"

"We have an influx of men coming in right now," Pelagius said. "It's summer so it's either false alarms for labor or early signs of pregnancy with a few scattered injuries here and there."

"I'll have a large bundle of sea grapes?" Arvia asked the vender. "Also what do you recommend for morning illness?"

"So who am I taking? The men ready for final checkups or their initial test to see if eggs took?" Ralor asked, thinking about his own eggs subconsciously.

"Morning sickness? Put a bunch of eggs in him, aye? Good lass!" cackled the shopkeeper again, who Arvia assumed was probably insane.

"I'll stick you with the final check ups," Pelagius stated. "With your weak stomach, I don't want you to be around puking papas."

"Uh...Yeah..." The vendor's enthusiasm was grating, but she put up with it. "I'm not sure if they've taken yet, but I'm playing it safe."

"I don't think fretting fathers would appreciate a hungover medic," Ralor laughed, swimming away to attend to the full term males.

"Ahhhh... I remember those days. I had three husbands and one of 'em always had some of my babies in him. Used to be a great store... now it's just this little stall..." she sighed. "Arh, you're not here for me life story. Take this coral," she said.

(I had an idea. Maybe further into his pregnancy, Arvia ends up impregnating Pelagius and he becomes her second husband. Ralor would be upset, but less so since he now lives with his friend.)

(Pelagius is infertile. Though I do like the concept.)

"They're ornery anyway," Pelagius chuckled as he continued down the hall.

"Thanks. How much for it?" Avria asked as he pulled up her shell purse.

(So not Pelagius, but maybe another friend introduced later?)

Ralor swam and knocked on the door of a room. The door swung open to reveal two very pregnant mermen waiting on the beds, with a mermaid sitting in the middle. "Hello everyone, I'm Medic Ralor..." he began.

"10 for a nice big bunch. Should last about three weeks, if you use it right. One stalk a day will work," the shopkeeper replied.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BabyDaddy
11-29-2014, 02:42 AM
Last Post by Eskal
07-17-2014, 12:34 AM