The Pirate's Secret. A Fantasy Spinoff. FINISHED

"Oi, what're you pissy about?" Kell asked. "Captain Reinhardt will make him clean it up."

"Yeah, so hurl already!" Dahl laughed. "Go on then! Jam yer fingers in there! Hurl!"

The group of men began chanting "Hurl! Hurl! Hurl!" and as they did, Arnwen opened his mouth, tears falling from his eyes, and with a shaky hand, moved his fingers to the back of his throat. He began gagging as he tried to induce vomiting to make all of the men leave him, his eyes screwed shut to block out the sight of them standing around him and laughing, chanting, all at him.

I'm just here for a laugh

Valen adverted his eyes.

After some more gagging, everything that Arnwen had eaten that day came back up and onto the floor, to the laughter of the men around him.

"That's disgustin'!"
"Nasty!"
"Eeew, what's wrong with ya, lad?!"

Arnwen cried as the men kept laughing at him. The laughter stopped when the captain appeared. "What's going on here?" He demanded.

"It's Arnwen! Sick sonuvabitch hurled on the deck! Di'nt even have the decency to do it overboard, or where we couldn't see!"

Captain Reinhardt looked to Arnwen, who had stopped sobbing but tears still fell. "Ya sick knife-ear. Clean it up." As he walked away, he looked over his shoulder. "I don't need ya infectin' the rest o' the ship. Don't bother showin' yer face in the mess tonight. The rest of ya, back to it!"

The group dispersed, still chuckling, as Arnwen pulled himself to his feet and walked off to fetch things to clean the vomit, clutching his stomach.

Valen climbed up to the crows nest and looked out over the ocean as he though up some sort of plan to get away from this ship. He couldn't do much to help Arnwen when they were around the others, it had always bothered him, but now...now they had a child involved.

Arnwen came back onto the deck and began scrubbing the vomit, still crying.

Valen looked down at Arnwen. He had to do something.

Arnwen looked up at Valen, tears still streaming down.

Valen climbed down and walked over to help clean up the mess. "I tried to stop them...I'm sorry." He said quietly.

"'S fine. Ah don't blame ya. 'M jus' scared now the cap'n's gonna whip me. Ah don't want 'im ta hurt th' baby." He put the brush back into the bucket and put his hands on his stomach. "Ah was hungry 'nuff before, now I got nuffin in me, 'n cap'n ain't gon' let me eat dinner."

"I'll try to sneak something out for you," Valen said. "The next time we get to port....We have to make a break for it. I can find work and I'm sure we can find somebody to help us."

Arnwen shook his head. "I don't know no oth'r life, Valen. What am ah supposed to do wif muhself? Ah been on this ship since ah was ten. Ah got no oth'r skills than bein' a sailor."

"We can get our own boat. We could be fishermen or merchants. I...I just don't like seeing you treated like this..."

"How? How we gon' do that?"

"We can find work and save up. It'll be rough, but it's better than staying here."

"Cap'n'll know... Cap'n'll know... We can't just leave. This ship... is all I've evah known. Evah."

"I know, but think about the baby, Arn..."

Arnwen sniffled and wiped his eyes. "Ah know." He mumbled.

"We'll figure this out," Valen sighed.

"'M gon' lay down. Pukin' di'nt make muh feel good." Arnwen picked himself up and walked down to the barracks.

Valen finished cleaning up the vomit and went back up to the crows nest.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Animefan22
12-18-2017, 11:22 PM
Last Post by PregnantTheo
10-11-2017, 04:54 PM
Last Post by tjopj44
08-22-2016, 05:25 AM
Last Post by SeanWoods221
11-05-2015, 04:35 AM