The Pirate's Secret. A Fantasy Spinoff. FINISHED

"Ah know we will. 'M gon' lay down." Arnwen picked himself up and walked into the barracks, and hopped into his hammock.

I'm just here for a laugh

When dinner was ready Valen went down to the dining room and would slip some food, mostly rolls, slices of cheese and fruit, into the pouch he wore on his belt. He couldn't get away with a whole damn plate, but he had to at least come away with something for Arnwen.

When Valen arrived in the barracks, Arnwen was in his hammock, touching his stomach like some foreign entity. "D'ya fink the flutterin' 's th' baby kickin' me?" He asked.

"Probably," Valen said as he gave Arnwen the pouch of food. "I know it's not much, but it's something."

"Fanks." Arnwen said, and he downed the food brought to him. "Ah hope it takes after you. I ain't much of a role model."

Valen blushed. "You're not that bad. You saved me after all."

"Yeah, but I aint smart. Ah don't know simple words you fink 're easy. Our baby should be smart, 'n that ain't me."

"You may not be smart, but you're still a nice, loving man."

"Ya say that, but it ain't 'nuff." Arnwen said with a yawn. "'M sleepy. 'M gon' sleep." Arnwen buried himself beneath his blankets and quickly dozed off.

As he turned to leave, Valen noticed out of the corner of his eye a curious piece of paper under Dahl's pillow.

Valen looked around the room to be sure nobody was coming and he quickly took the paper for a quick look at its contents.

The note read:

Full moon tonight. We're going back to our old spot in the back of the hold, behind the false wall panels. Be there at 1 am.

Valen put the note back and settled into his hammock. His mind was racing, so much had happened to him in such a short amount of time and on top of it all he was going to be a father.

Night came, and the pirates gradually came into the barracks and one by one feel asleep. Hours later, as the barracks were filled with a chorus of snores, a few rustle were heard as a few of the men snuck from their hammocks and quietly left the room.

Valen slowly followed them, being careful not to be spotted.

When Valen entered the hold, he found that the men had already replaced the false panels, and the hold lookrd empty and dark with only himself in it.

Valen searched for the false panels with his ear close to the wood to listen for any sound.

Faint voices could be heard from the other side of the wall, snippets of a conversation Valen couldn't entirely hear.

"I haven't yet found a poison that would work."
"Dammit."
"What about Arnwen?"
"The new guy threw a wrench into things."
"Ah hate that knife-ear."
"Just throw him overboard."
"Lots of hungry sharks..."

Valen's heart pounded. The harassment was bad enough, but now they were trying to poison Arnwen? He pulled away from the false panel, not wanting to hear anymore. He would have to keep a closer eye on Arnwen now and with their current ruse, that was going to be quite difficult.

A pounding sounded from behind Valen, along with the only clear sentence.

"It's the captain's fault, no one else's! If you hate him, it's because the captain made it so! I'm turning this ship around one way or another, starting with that would-be captain's removal. If anyone dies with him, it's only because they sided with that asp of a man."

Valen jumped at the pounding and quickly made his way back to the barracks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Animefan22
12-18-2017, 11:22 PM
Last Post by PregnantTheo
10-11-2017, 04:54 PM
Last Post by tjopj44
08-22-2016, 05:25 AM
Last Post by SeanWoods221
11-05-2015, 04:35 AM