The Pirate's Secret. A Fantasy Spinoff. FINISHED

Morning came, and everyone was in the mess. Arnwen sat alone and practically inhaled his food. He looked longingly at Valen, who sat with the others, and got up and left the galley.

I'm just here for a laugh

Once Valen finished eating he got up and left the mess.

Arnwen went down into the hold, and moved a few floorboards and climbed down into a small crawlspace. In there he had a small mat, a pillow, and a blanket. He moved the floorboards into position, and curled up beneath the blanket.

Valen soon joined him. "Hey," he said quietly. "Is everything alright?"

Arnwen lifted up one of the boards and peeked up at Valen. "'S muh hidey-hole. Lotsa places on the ship only I know 'bout. Not much room down here fer both of us, though. Ah mean, we could prolly fit, but gettin' out 'n in'd be a bitch." He let the board fall back into place. "Ah di'nt sleep so well. Baby kept flutterin'. 'S gon' be real lively, ah fink." He said from beneath the floor.

"That's good," Valen said. He paused. "Are you doing alright?"

"Th' cap'n's gon' whip me, ah know it. Can't be down here forev'r, though. Gon' hafta face it eventually." He quietly said.

"Why would he whip you?"

"Cuz ah got sick yesterday. 'E's gon' lash me fer it at some point."

"I wish he wouldn't," Valen muttered.

A small whimpering sound came from beneath the boards, followed small sobs. "Cap'n's gon' kill th' baby, 'e is. 'N 'e won't even know it."

"I won't let that happen," Valen said.

"Ya couldn't stop 'im. Not 'lone, anyway."

Valen sighed. "I know...I just...I wish there was more I could do for you."

"'S 'nuff you're 'ere for me." Arnwen climbed out of his hidey-hole and sat on the floor next to Valen. "Ah ain't neva been treated no bettah."

Valen took his lover's hand. "I couldn't mistreat you. I couldn't mistreat anybody. I joined the navy to protect people after all."

"But cha can't save ev'ryone." Arnwen whispered hoarsely.

"Don't you think I know that?" Valen snapped.

In a split second, Arnwen had scurried back and away from Valen, his defensive instincts kicking in. He held up his hands as though to ward off a strike against him, and his eyes were screwed shut as he looked away. He was trembling like Valen had been holding a knife.

valen sighed and messaged his temples. "I'm sorry..."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Animefan22
12-18-2017, 11:22 PM
Last Post by PregnantTheo
10-11-2017, 04:54 PM
Last Post by tjopj44
08-22-2016, 05:25 AM
Last Post by SeanWoods221
11-05-2015, 04:35 AM