The Pirate's Secret. A Fantasy Spinoff. FINISHED

Arnwen jerked awake, startled. He must have been pulled from a bad dream. "F-food, yeah, le's do that. Um, where to?"

I'm just here for a laugh

"How about a buffet again?"

Arnwen nodded. Again at the buffet, he stuffed himself with as much food as he could possibly hold, and then some. Finally, he could eat no more, and then Ashahn came and told them it was time to set off. They paid, boarded the ship, and were on the sea once again.

A few weeks later, Arnwen's belly was bigger and bigger as his baby grew and grew. He had grown to be terrified of every sound he heard, fearing it was the captain come to punish him. Alone, or with Valen, he would talk to the baby and try to reassure it that everything would be fine. He was more frightened than ever, and was relying heavily on Valen to cheer him up so the baby wouldn't feel his sadness.

Today, Arnwen was in his hammock, shirt pulled over his belly, rubbing it and feeling it. "Wakey wakey, baby. C'mon, move fer mama."

Valen came down into the barracks. "There you are. How's everything today?"

"'S alright. Ah could do wif some food. Baby won't move fer me."

Valen pulled out a roll and some cheese that he swiped from the kitchen. "Maybe they're just saving their energy right now. You've been gaining a little weight, which is good."

Arnwen nodded. "Yeah. 'M feelin' much heavier these days. 'M goin' so slow, though. 'S makin' the cap'n mad, ah know it."

"I'm sure it is, but as long as he doesn't beat you we should be fine."

"Ah dunno wha's keepin' 'im from doin' it. Might be Ashahn, but 'e nevah done it before."

"It doesn't matter to me, I'm just happy for each day you go without getting hurt."

Arnwen smiled. "'S nice ta fink there's someone what cares fer me."

Valen smiled and pecked Arnwen's cheek with a quick kiss.

"Valen... d-do... do ya love me?"

Valen blushed deeply and stared at Arnwen. "I...uh...What...?"

"Do ya love me? Sometimes, ya look out on th' water 'n ya look so sad. Like ya want yer old life back. Like you might be rethinkin'..." Arnwen squirmed as he held his belly. "Rethinkin' me."

"There are times I want my old life back, but I'd change it to where you'd be with me. A better life."

Arnwen's eyes began to tear up. "So then..."

"I do love you, Arnwen. I just want things to be...better for us." He took Arnwen's hand. "I don't want to fear for our lives anymore."

Arnwen smiled. "Ah love ya too." He leaned over and hugged Valen, nearly falling out of his hammock. "Aggh!"

Valen grunted and caught Arnwen. "Careful there."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Animefan22
12-18-2017, 11:22 PM
Last Post by PregnantTheo
10-11-2017, 04:54 PM
Last Post by tjopj44
08-22-2016, 05:25 AM
Last Post by SeanWoods221
11-05-2015, 04:35 AM