C Somewhat Star-Crossed w/ bhdire8

Cass watched them both for a moment, laying back down and drifting off. He woke a few hours later, happy when he saw Henry at his side and Gabriel contently asleep in his crib.

✨don't look at my sin✨

"Morning sweetie, i have got breakfast prepared. I hope we could finish that before Gabe wakes for his morning feeding." He smiled at his love, happy to see his sleepy smile.

Cass nodded, staring around the room for a while when Henry left for the kitchen. Everything was too good. Too perfect. Cass eventually pulled himself out of bed, checking on Gabriel before shuffling to the kitchen.

✨don't look at my sin✨

They shared breakfast in a quiet harmony. After clearing the dishes, Henry said with a hint of blush "erm... i have asked the nurse about it and they suggested this to me....." He produced a tube of lotion and said after clearing his voice again. "This is said to be quite effective in removing stretchmarks. If you like... i could erm... maybe ... help you apply?" He finally managed to finish the sentence, but still couldnt quite meet Cass' eyes.

"I can do it myself if you don't want to see it," Cass murmured, embarrassed about his stretch marks, not sure if they'd ever go away.

✨don't look at my sin✨

"Of course I would love to help you! I hadnt realised you minded them so much until i erm... searched online a bit and also noticed how you have been hiding your belly from me." His blush deepened a little more.

"It's not pretty," Cass mumbled, not looking back up at Henry. "Don't worry about it, okay? I can handle it."

✨don't look at my sin✨

"No I want to help! I dont mind any of these scars, those are battle marks that reminded me of how much you had sacrificed for this family. They only made me love you even more and cherish you even more. Please, let me help."

"Still, Henry, I don't want you to see," he uttered, taking the tube of cream and slipping from the kitchen, going to the bathroom and locking the door. He rubbed the cream on his marks, hating how red and angry they looked on his skin.

✨don't look at my sin✨

Seeing his lover disappeared behind the door had made Henry frustrated. Hearing the slight click of lock had made him even more defeated. It hadnt been his intention to remind Cass of those marks, he had planned it to be a romantic little activity that they could share, since Gabe had left them little alone time together. He tried knocking on the door "Cass? I am sorry if i have upset you but i swear it wasnt my intention. Would you please open up? I wouldnt force you to let me see when you are not ready, but please dont lock me out." 

Cass was sure to pull his shirt back on before opening the door, still wanting to hide away. "I just don't want anybody seeing them, okay?" He whispered. He'd had a perfect body, fit and lean. Now, he was thin, tired, and covered in marks. He was happy with his family, but unhappy with how he looked.

✨don't look at my sin✨

The small voice of Cass had broke Henry's heart. He had never before realised how those months of living by himself had affected his lover's self-esteem. He couldnt think of the right words to say, too frustrated with himself for not being of help to Cass, he gently took his boyfriend's hand and led him to sit on their bed, half -knelt down in front of him and said "Cass, you are perfect in my eyes no matter what. I fell in love with your beautiful soul, not with your body. Admittedly i am attracted to you by your looks and all, but whats even more important to me is here." Gently putting a hand over his heart, he pleaded "I understand that you are not ready to let me see your belly. I am willing to wait for the day when you are comfortable with me seeing it, but please, promise me, never ever lock me out. I am not only talking about locking doors, but also locking your heart. I knew you tend to hide when you dont know what to do, but please dont shut me out.... i...." he couldnt continue, unable to form the words.

Cass nodded, listening to Henry's words, tears brimming in his eyes. "S'just... Hard. You and Gabe are perfect, and I couldn't ask for anything more, but I'm scared none of this is real sometimes, and the stretch marks are like... They're telling me I'm not perfect. And I know I'm not, but... I don't know what I'm saying anymore. I'm just scared this isn't real and the stretch marks make me feel bad, and they're not helping."

✨don't look at my sin✨

"Oh babe dont be afraid and dont ever be ashamed. We are family, we would always be here, be together." He wiped away the tears rolling down the cheeks with his fingers. "No one is perfect, I am not perfect, I always worry too much and I sometimes overreact to the tiniest things, but together we become perfect. By all means, you ARE the one making everything perfect."

Henry allowed a few moments for Cass to settle on that. He then took a little box from his pocket. 

"I was planning to do this later in the park, but i think now is a good timing. Cassander Graham, would you marry me?"

Cass let Henry comfort him, lacing their fingers together and sitting in the comfortable silence for a small while. His jaw dropped when he saw the ring, covering his mouth and nodding. "Yeah. Of course I'll marry you," he grinned, letting Henry put the ring on his finger.

✨don't look at my sin✨

Henry felt like his heart was going to burst from too much happiness. He laughed and lifted Cass and swung him around, wrapping him tightly and said "thank you! Thank you for making me the happiest man alive, i promise you i would love you, protect you and respect you, forever and always." He passionately kissed his soon to be husband, still high from the excitement.

Cass smiled at Henry's apparent happiness, letting himself get swung around, returning the kiss with the same amount of passion. They stayed like that for a small while before Gabriel woke, fussing and shuffling in his crib. "Somebody's hungry," Cass smiled, going to the crib and gently pulling Gabriel into his arms, settling in a rocking chair in the living room and nursing their son.

✨don't look at my sin✨

Henry knelt down in front and stroke the tiny cheek of Gabriel and said "ya little guy are you happy that your parents are getting married?"

He suddenly thought "love do you want to change the surname? Graham-Stanton or Stanton-Graham?"

(Henry Stanton is the full name...)

"Well, Gabe's last name is already Graham since I'm his carrier father, and Henry Graham sounds pretty nice to me," Cass smirked, moving a towel over his shoulder and burping Gabriel, buttoning his shirt up again.

✨don't look at my sin✨

"Whatever you want. Mr and Mr Graham. I bet i could get used to it." Henry smiled, ruffling Cass' dark curls. Cass' eyes were still red from the scene just now, making him look incredibly innocent, yet the glow on his face was parental enough to create an interesting combination.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by bhdire8
09-28-2018, 04:37 AM