C Somewhat Star-Crossed w/ bhdire8

Falling asleep while Gabriel was feeding wasn't too difficult, the sensation not being too painful the first time, and any pain that was there had gone away overtime. So, Cass dozed with his baby in his arms, rousing slightly when he felt himself being moved, seeing Henry and falling back to sleep. He was safe if he was with Henry, and so was Gabriel.

✨don't look at my sin✨

The rest of the sleep was peaceful and much more restful than before. Feeling Cass leaning towards him in his sleep, just like before, had been the best sleep-inducing feeling Henry could ever wish for. His hope for their future was suddenly boosted, confident once again in their happily ever after.

Cass woke up a few hours later, admiring Henry in his sleep for a few moments before doing to check on Gabriel, changing his diaper and cuddling with him for a short while, peppering him in kisses and whispering sweet promises.

✨don't look at my sin✨

Henry woke in his bed alone, startled for a moment finding himself alone on the bed, imagining the worst of finding Cass had left him once again. He was relieved when he heard Gabe's gurgle and Cass' gentle voice.

"You're so perfect, Gabe," Cass cooed in a whisper, rocking the dark-haired infant cuddled against his chest. "Me and your papa love you so much. We'll never leave you."

✨don't look at my sin✨

"Ya papa would never leave you two." Startling both a bit by suddenly voicing out, Henry laughed at the identical shocked face of father and son.... a laugh that soon turned to panic when Gabriel's eyes suddenly started filling with tears, clearly about to cry.

Cass jumped at Henry's sudden comment, even more startled when Gabriel started crying, moving the boy to his shoulder and rubbing his back, bouncing him gently. "It's okay, baby, it's just your papa. He won't hurt you."

✨don't look at my sin✨

Approaching closer, Henry also started apologizing "i am sorry Gabe, i didnt know i was so loud. Aww sweetie please dont cry." It was very lucky that Gabe recognised his face as a familiar being and began to get curious of the dangling hair from Henry's h forehead, him not having the time to tidy them yet.

Cass rocked Gabriel for a few more moments before handing him over to Henry, the baby reaching up and attempting to grab the loose hair.

✨don't look at my sin✨

Seeing his interest, Henry started teasing the baby. As his tiny hand almost reach his hair, he would jerk his head up to pull his locks away. The baby wasnt angry by this at all, instead he chuckled happily, not wanting this game to end.

Cass stood by the crib and watched them, smiling at their interactions. "You're good with him," Cass murmured, grinning at the sound of their baby's laugh.

✨don't look at my sin✨

"Ya? I try. Well Gabe is a happy baby in general, he is just too perfect not to play with." He smiled and looked up. "You are pretty good yourself. I knew how hard it is to breastfeed yet you managed it so easily."

Cass shrugged with a small amount of pride in his eyes. "It's nice. Doesn't really hurt anymore, even when it did it wasn't that bad. Helps me bond with him, too, I just get to admire him. Makes me feel good that he trusts me so much, too."

✨don't look at my sin✨

"I wish you could trust me that much too." Henry muttered under his breath. He could feel a little distant between him and Cass after their reunion, he thought it was because of having an infant to take care of at first, but then he now suspected it was because of a lack of trust, a truth that saddened him.

"It's myself I don't really trust, I think," Cass mumbled, looking down. He hated the distance between himself and Henry, wishing he could figure out how to close it, but it was getting harder and harder as time went on, blaming himself for it all.

✨don't look at my sin✨

"Why are you not trusting yourself? You have done nothing but the best for our angel and you are such a good father. What could possibly make you not trusting yourself?" Henry desperately wanted to know what Cass really felt.

"You haven't changed that much since high school, and I... I don't know. I changed so much, and half the time I don't know why I'm feeling what I am. It scares me, 'cause usually I could put reasoning behind it, like, oh, I feel sad because I lost a game last night. I feel insecure because I don't like the way this shirt looks on me. Stuff like that. How I'm feeling sad and insecure for no reason, and I don't know what's wrong with me."

✨don't look at my sin✨

"Do you want to see a counselor? Let me make a booking with them. We could all go see him together, including Gabe here." He cuddled Gabriel's apple cheeks, earning another string of chuckles.

"I dunno, he might not like going to a counselor," Cass mumbled, smiling at the sight and sounds before him. "I can just go by myself."

✨don't look at my sin✨

"Maybe we can wait for you outside. As moral support." He was glad they finally may be able to move forward in the right direction.

(So we going for post partem depression?)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by bhdire8
09-28-2018, 04:37 AM