C Have My Baby Pt. II [Closed with Hockeypreg2]

Gio nodded and straightened up slowly, wiping at his own tears as well before he went over to the door and peaked out, letting the doctor know he could come back. Gio then returned to Sirius' side and held his boyfriends hand.

Dr. Abrams came back into the room and smiled at the two men "Now that we know the problem that has been causing your exhaustion and nausea - Do you have any questions for me? Suggestions on a obstetrician you prefer? There are many things we must discuss going forward."

[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

"We know an obstetrician," Sirius said. He could get Marc's information from Sidney. If Marc couldn't take him, he would know someone else. He'd rather get a recommendation from him. "What can I do about the vomiting?"

Dr. Abrams sat down across from them. "Sometimes the best thing is to make sure you always have something in your stomach like crackers. Ginger ale, ginger tea. If you think it's really bad, I can give you some medicine that can help."

"The medicine would be great. I'd like to start feeling normal again," Sirius said, yawning.

Dr. Abrams laughed and nodded his head as he pulled his prescription pad from his lab coat "I'll write a prescription for Zofran for you then." he said, scribbling the script down and tearing the page off "Normal may not come right away, so I also recommend continue taking it easy, don't try and stress yourself out or overwork yourself."

Gio smiled and took the prescription from Dr. Abrams "Thank you for your help, Dr. Abrams. This has been very helpful in finding out what is wrong with Sirius." Gio said as he reached over and lightly rubbed Sirius' stomach "Things will get better from here." Gio whispered and kissed Sirius lovingly.

Marc tapped his finger against his lips as he looked at Sirius and Gio and then down at Sirius's chart. He tried so, so hard not to laugh at the fact that Silas's brother was sitting in front of him, accidentally pregnant. He had to be professional though, even if he knew that Sirius and children didn't always mix well.

"Okay, well I can skip the confirmatory test since a doctor did run it and did an ultrasound confirmation," Marc said, looking at Dr. Abrams notes. "I'm going to need to do another ultrasound since he said his wasn't in great detail. Do you think that you know how far along you might be?"

Sirius shook his head. "Somewhere between two and three months. I mean, not to get too detailed, but that's not often the preferred arrangement in the bedroom. So ... yeah. It's been between that time."

"Great," Marc said easily. "Want to get on the table for me?"

Sirius got up on the exam table, leaning back with an arm under his head. He looked over at Gio, giving him a small smile.

Gio smiled back as he came over to Sirius, leaning his forehead against his boyfriend's and kissed the tip of his nose lightly "Right here for ya, babe. Always." Gio said happily as he looked down to where Marc was starting to set up the ultrasound machine.

Marc went about his business, ignoring the sappy display coming from Gio and Sirius. He lifted up Sirius' shirt, taking the man's free hand and positioning it on the wrinkled up material, he then pulled his waistband down slightly to expose a majority of his stomach and then grabbed the ultrasound gel "Alright... Cold!" Marc warned just as he was squirting the gel onto Sirius' stomach.

Sirius jumped a little, making a face at Marc. "You can't warm that up?"

"Nope," Marc grinned a little. "I do it because it amuses me. I have to find my fun somehow. I have teenagers, you know."

"That's your own fault," Sirius said, squeezing Gio's hand as Marc moved the wand around. "Do they want to babysit?"

"Not even a little. Too many siblings. Oh hey, there they are," Marc said. "Looks like it's your turn to have twins."

"Twins?" Gio whispered, looking from Sirius to Marc with wide eyes "You're lying, right? I mean... How is that-... It can't... But we..." Gio seemed at a loss for words and he just kept looking between the two men like this had to be some sort of joke.

Marc sighed and rubbed his forehead "Is this going to be a thing with every Flint or Flint-related male that walks into my office?" He asked, mostly himself albeit out loud, "Should I tell him of your family history, or will you do the honors, Mr. Sirius?"

Gio shook his head, waving his hand aimlessly "No. No. I know that every male in Sirius' family are twins, identical twins... but I mean... I'm the one who got *him* pregnant... So... How did... I'm just confused how he's pregnant with twins, when I'm the one who did it..."

"That doesn't matter," Sirius said tiredly. "It's usually the first pregnancy though. Since I didn't have twins the first time, I thought I would get away with not having twins like everyone else."

"Sorry," Marc said with a shrug. He pointed at the screen. "There they are. Baby A and Baby B. Identical twins as well so you're definitely following in the Flint family footsteps here."

Sirius looked at the screen, at the two little peanut shaped blobs that were their kids. He wasn't quite sure what he felt right now. He was barely sure he was ready to be a parent at all. The fact it was twins wasn't completely surprising, but it wasn't really great news.

Gio hummed softly and reached his hand down, resting it on the side of Sirius' stomach - away from the gel and transducer - and rubbed his thumb back and forth lightly "I know that you cannot tell right now, but..." Gio looked up at Marc and shrugged his shoulders slightly "Do you expect them to follow the Flint family tradition completely? Both boys?" Gio asked.

Marc printed off a few of the ultrasound pictures and then shut the machine down, handing Gio a few tissues to clean Sirius' stomach off with "Honestly? Yeah. If we look at the statistics of how many identical male twins were born into the Flint Family Line... I would say to expect these two babies to be boys as well, but we won't know for sure until the sixteenth week, at the latest..." Marc said as he looked over at Sirius "You doing okay up there, Sirius?"

Sirius looked at the ceiling now, thinking. "I guess so. I'm still a little surprised this is all happening. It's going to take a little time. They look okay though? I know I'm a little older."

"You're not at an age where I would be concerned. The ultrasound doesn't show any problems l. We'll do all of the normal blood tests when you are further along to test for problems but I don't anticipate any. What was your first pregnancy like? Any complications?"

Sirius shook his head. "Other than being 18 and stupid, it was fine. No problems. I went four days past my due date and the birth was normal as well. Everything was fine."

Marc nodded his head and scribbled that information down quickly "Good. That's good." he said distractedly, still scribbling "Then I don't foresee any complications with this one, but I'll still do all the normal blood tests, test for everything." Marc rubbed his chin slowly "With your brother and Niece having their own set of problems, I'm sure you'll want to know if you have anything to worry about in the future - medical testing has had a lot of advances since Calla was born."

Gio nodded his head and smiled, kissing Sirius' forehead lightly "Either way, we'll still love the child... Mental issues or not - These are our kids, probably going to be our only two kids, and we want them to have a loving home with us... No matter what we have to 'deal' with."

Sirius nodded. "Whatever it is, we can handle it. Calla and I get along great. It's Silas and I that have problems but that's because we're brothers." He sat up, his legs dangling off the table. "You don't need to do an internal, right?"

Marc made a face. "Not today. How are you with that?"

Sirius looked at him curiously. "What do you mean?"

"I can give you an internal without a problem. No issues with anything going in your ... you know what, nevermind. You got pregnant somehow. I'm going to assume we're going to be fine there."

Gio blushed at the implication and shook his head as he rolled Sirius' shirt back down, needing to do something to keep himself from bursting out laughing. Sometimes Sirius could be a little dense, but still Gio loved his boyfriend "I'll explain that one to you later, Si." Gio said quietly and then turned to Marc "Is there anything else we need to do here?"

Marc shook his head "Make an appointment with the front desk, and you two can get out of here. If you want to tell anyone the good news, you're at a safe stage in the pregnancy to do so... I'm sure Sidney and Silas will be absolutely thrilled to find out the news!" Marc said with a grin, shaking both Gio and Sirius' hand before taking off from the exam room. Very clearly hiding a laugh behind his clipboard.

Sirius followed Gio out, stopping to make an appointment. He was definitely feeling a little unsettled about having twins and he wasn't sure he was ready to tell Silas and Sidney about the pregnancy yet. He wasn't really sure he was ready to tell anyone. He trusted Marc not to say anything. He was a doctor after all. If Gio wanted to tell people though, Silas was going to find out pretty quickly. Half of Gio's friends worked at Saucer II with him.

"We should definitely start looking for a bigger place," Sirius said when they got into the car. "We could get by for a bit in my place with one but it's going to be really tough with two."

Gio squeezed Sirius' hand and smiled softly "You need to talk to your brother, Sirius." Gio said as he turned the car on and sighed "He still owns his apartment, apparently the one he lived in before he ended up with six kids and a miniature petting zoon... He rents it out, and I heard he currently doesn't have any tenants living there..."

"We can find our own place," Sirius said, shaking his head. "It's going to be a long commute for you to get to Saucer II. He bought it when he was working at the first restaurant. And ... I don't want to tell them yet. I'm not ready to talk about this. I need some time to digest everything that's happened. I need this to just be about us."

Gio sighed and shook his head "I understand that you want this to be just between us... but..." He pulled into traffic slowly and squeezed the hand that he was still holding of Sirius' "You won't be able to hide it for much longer, you're already starting to show... and by next month? You'll have a really nice curve to your belly, and Calla's birthday is next month, hun..."

Gio hated having to push through the stubbornness that Sirius liked to build up, but they really needed to think about this "I'm not saying we have to run out and tell them right now, but we need to at least think about it, think about saying something before Calla's birthday."

"I know," Sirius rested his head against the headrest and looked out the window, still holding onto Gio's hand. "I'm feeling guilty right now and I need to work through it before I have people telling me how happy they are for us. Please understand that I am happy about this but ... this is hard for me."

Getting back to the apartment seemed to take a hell of a lot less time than it did getting there. Gio shut the engine off but kept holding onto Sirius hand as he turned sideways "Tell me why you're feeling guilty, Si?" Gio asked softly, but then he looked down at their hands and frowned "Is this because of the daughter you gave up?"

"I know I did the right thing. I was too young to have a child. All I had going for me was money and that's not a good enough reason to have a child. I was alone because the guy I was seeing left the minute I told him I was pregnant. It was the best thing for her," Sirius wiped at his eyes. "Intellectually I know this time is completely different but I'm accidentally pregnant again and this time I'm keeping the babies. And I feel guilty even though I know I shouldn't. I'm older, stable, in a committed relationship with someone I love. Yes, they're not planned but these babies are wanted and ... she wasn't. So I need a little time to just work through this. Please let me have that."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post by CeruleanSnowFlake
10-06-2019, 01:05 AM