C Have My Baby Pt. II [Closed with Hockeypreg2]

Gio nodded and leaned over, kissing Sirius softly on the lips "It's okay. I understand, Sirius. I may not understand what you're going through, but I understand why you would want to just work through it..." Gio said softly and reached over to rub Sirius' stomach lightly "How about we go upstairs, I'll fix you something to eat - something from back home, comfort food, and then you can sleep a little more? I know you're probably still very exhausted."

[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

"Can you just make me a grilled cheese?" Sirius asked. "I don't want anything from home. Sometimes that makes things worse."

Sirius brought Gio's hand up to his lips to kiss his knuckles. "If you want to tell people, you can always tell your family. They're not here so it should be fine."

"I can make grilled cheese, that's fine." Gio said softly as he turned Sirius' hands and returned the kisses to his boyfriend's knuckles "I won't tell anyone until you're ready too." Gio said as he looked up at Sirius "Besides, if I told my mother, she'd be on the first plane over here and would try and stick around until well after the babies are born... I won't subject you to her nature, just yet..."

Sirius had no idea how this was going to go but he had promised that he would tell Silas that he was pregnant before Calla's birthday party. So they were meeting at Sirius's apartment at Sidney's suggestion so that Silas could get away from the house and the restaurant for a change. Gio was working the afternoon and early dinner for a change so Sirius knew they weren't going to be interrupted. Still, he was nervous and wished he could have a drink.

When Silas knocked, Misha barked which made Sirius jump and he internally kicked himself. He opened the door, giving his brother a tight smile. "Hi Silas."

Silas grinned as he looked at his brother "Hello, Sirius." Silas said cordially as he waltzed his way into the apartment and looked down at Misha "Hello, puny little ankle biter." Silas said, earning a high-pitched bark from Misha and a dainty little growl.

Silas rolled his eyes and turned toward his brother, setting his hands on his hips "Alright, what is going on? Sidney threatened me if I did not come over here and speak with you..."

Sirius headed into the kitchen. "What do you want to drink? Don't ask for any alcohol because I don't have any right now. And be nice to my dog. I'm nice to all of your pets."

Silas followed his brother, growing slightly aggravated with the stalling techniques "Water is fine. Now will you tell me, please, why it is that I am here? I have a job... or six kids... that I could be dealing with right now." Silas stated, putting his hand on the counter and leaning against it "Sidney knows, apparently, so why am I left out of the loop? I am your twin brother, for Christ's sake, I should have been the first to know - not my *husband.* Are you dying or something?!"

Sirius handed him a glass of water. "Sidney doesn't know why you're here. He just knows I needed to talk to you in private and that it's important. So you're the first person to know besides Gio." He took a drink from his own glass of water. "I'm not dying. I'm ... I'm pregnant, okay. There I said it. Go on. Say whatever you want to say."

Sirius looked down at the counter, taking a deep breath and preparing himself for Silas's laughter or his jokes or whatever he was going to say that would inevitably end up hurting no matter how prepared he thought he was.

Silas stared at his brother for a long while, the glass in his hand completely forgotten as he set it down on the counter "Pregnant? Sirius that's..." he didn't know what to say, really, but he felt a surge of emotion toward his brother that he hadn't felt since before their thirteenth birthday.

Silas quickly wrapped his brother up, their heads resting side-by-side "I don't know why you would be so afraid to tell us this... I know it may be difficult to speak about, given your past history... but this isn't a bad thing, Sirius..." Silas said quietly into his brother's ear "I'm happy for you, and Gio, even if you aren't ready to be a father yet, this is truly the best news."

Sirius sagged against his brother, shocked that this was his reaction. He clutched his shoulders and wasn't even a little surprised that he started to cry. He hadn't cried yet, not in front of Gio and not alone. He was still feeling so guilty about being pregnant again and now he was feeling guilty about not being as excited as Gio obviously was. He didn't know what to do anymore.

Silas wrapped his brother up into a tight embrace and kissed the side of his head. He whispered soft Greek words into his ear, words that their mother used to tell them when they were upset about something. He rubbed up and down Sirius' back and sighed quietly "It is going to be okay, Sirius. You don't have to feel guilty, or upset... This is a good thing, what you did for your daughter was a good thing." Silas said quietly.

"Your daughter is in a happy, healthy home, and this child - they will have two very loving parents as well. Even if you feel like you aren't ready yet, by the time you give birth to the baby... You will be completely head-over-heels in love with the baby, and you will do what you have too in order to provide it a happy and healthy home..." Silas whispered, glancing around Sirius' apartment - same thoughts about needing a bigger place running through his head, just as it would be Gio's head.

"Babies," Sirius admitted softly. "I'm having twins this time." He pulled back from Silas and wiped at his face. "Marc joked that it was my turn. I almost wasn't even surprised when he told us. I think Gio was at least a little. He knows our family's history but we didn't ... well this wasn't planned. We had mentioned kids - eventually. He doesn't even live here technically. He basically does but not officially."

Sirius put a hand to his stomach, the shirt he was wearing hiding his bump until now with it being pulled taunt over the curve. "I had to say something before Calla's party. It's pretty obvious if I wear my normal clothes."

"Twins?!" Twins?! Silas looked around the apartment again from the kitchen and shook his head "Sirius, you cannot possibly raise twins in this apartment. You have *one* bedroom - how do you plan on raising two babies, and have you and Gio living here? That is absurd!" Silas snapped, although his voice was still rather calm, despite the slightly angered expression on his face.

"I am glad you told me about it, you should not have to hide your pregnancy." Silas said as he set his own hand on his brother's stomach "We need to think about you getting a new apartment...You know I have my old one, don't you?"

"We're looking for a bigger place," Sirius said, putting his hands on his hips. "And your apartment is too far from the restaurant. It would be too long a commute for him. We'll find something closer. We have some time. And we can survive for a few months here if we have to."

Silas shook his head and sighed loudly "I can transfer Gio from Saucer II to The Saucer - menu is relatively the same, and it is more competitive, challenging, at The Saucer... since it is in the heart of restaurant central... He would like it there, wouldn't he?" Silas questioned as he released his brother and took a few steps around him to look out over the apartment.

"You can't live here, in a one bedroom, with two infants, Gio, and Misha, Sirius... Not even for a few months. You will be crowded and trying to kill each other all of the time." Silas said, clearly speaking from experience as he twisted his hands together and stared at the window across the living room "After Calla was born, and we were still at the apartment... and we had the dogs, the cat, the five of us... It was very crowded and hectic... You are minimalist though - you could easily have more than me and Sid did, and not be over crowded in that apartment... Sid and I had a lot of things in that apartment, plus the kids."

"His friends work at Saucer II. You can't just transfer him like that. Let us at least try to find a place ourselves before you decide our lives for us," Sirius snapped at him. "I know you've been in New York longer than both Gio and I but we're not incompetent. You don't have to take care of us like we're your children."

Silas stood up straight again, turning to his brother "Then stop acting like my children! You're running around like fifteen year olds without a damn clue in your head, Sirius!" Silas snapped back, stepping closer to him "You don't want to be a father, you didn't want to get pregnant... and yet, here you are - on the verge of becoming both! Had you kept using condom's, or been smarter about having sex with Gio - Neither of you would be in this situation!"

Silas took a deep breath "And just for the record, I *can* transfer him wherever the hell I feel like transferring him - he is *my* employee. He works for me, Sirius, or did you forget that? I am trying to help you out, be the brother I have *never* been for you, and yet... Every time that I try and offer you a hand, you slap it away like I am made from poison! It hurts, because you reject me, and everything that I try and do for you! You are not alone here in New York... You *have* family, and yet you do not let any of us help you out!"

"I never said I didn't want to be a father! I said we didn't plan this. There's a difference!" Sirius balled up his fists. "And you're one to talk about accepting help. Your husband is the one who asks me for help. You were in fucking labor and didn't even want my help. I moved to this country to be with you and your family and I have to fight for any of your attention because you still blame me for not fighting back when we were thirteen! You left me by myself for years and never even tried to understand my side of what happened. You just assumed I wanted it and wasn't trying to protect you from being hurt. I'm your big brother, Silas! I let him do all of it to me so he wouldn't do it to you and yet you're the real victim because you got a few fingers in your ass."

Sirius slammed his fist on the counter. "I spent years dating assholes and people who treated me like an object because I thought I wasn't worth it. My own twin brother never cared so why would someone else. So I don't want your apartment now that you've finally decided I'm worth it again. Yes, you employ Gio and you can do whatever you want to him but I would hope you wouldn't take our problems out on him."

He sagged forward, burying his face in his hands. "Okay."

"You were *in love* with that-... that-... asshole! You were... so fucked in the head about him! How would I have known that you didn't want it?! You never said word one to me! You just glowed, acted like it was the *best* thing that happened to you! I left because I was tired of being ignored, being treated like *I* didn't matter!" Silas shouted back, tears of anger and pain riding down his cheeks slowly "You always treat me like I'm shit to you, Sirius. You make fun of me, you berate me, belittle me!"

Silas bit his lip hard and turned away from his twin brother "You may be older than me, by five minutes... but you are hardly a big brother, Sirius... You always treated me like I was some sickly little kid, who couldn't stand up for himself... We're the same in every way, and yet I am treated as if I am some fragile little crystal vase, that if you turn me the wrong way, I will shatter." Silas voice was soft, strained from the emotional turmoil coursing through him "I may have anxiety problems, and a little slower than you and everyone else we know... But I am not a invalid, I can still hold my own in a fight, I don't need you protecting me..."

Silas picked at his fingers and bit his lip "I never needed you to protect me, but you always did - and I hate it! hated it... because I couldn't do the same for you, you would never let me...."

"I was never in love with him. He wanted you from the start because you were a little slower, a little easier to control. So I made him look at me instead because of that. And you were always so angry whenever I made someone stop picking on you or making fun of you so I didn't tell you why."

Sirius wiped at his own tears. "The first time I came to visit, the Christmas Sidney told you he was pregnant with Calla, I thought maybe things had changed. We were getting along then but by the time I made the decision to move here and got the visa situated, you had closed me out again. I almost went back. I probably would if it wasn't for your kids. So yeah, I act like an asshole because every time you look at me you scowl. I don't think you even realize you do it but you never smile when you see me. You'll fake smile after a moment but you always look at me like I'm something you scraped off your shoe."

"You have an amazing life. Your husband is fantastic, you have awesome kids, a great career with lots of success. Gio and these babies are my last chance at happiness. Don't I get that opportunity at least once in my life?"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post by CeruleanSnowFlake
10-06-2019, 01:05 AM