Closed In The Old Farmhouse w/ bhdire8
The man shifted awkwardly, glancing over Hector. "I, uh. I'm looking for Cassian Murphy, he's supposed to live here. If he's moved out, that's okay, I was just... Checking in," he muttered, voice low and gravelly. He had dark hair that was beginning to gray, and dark green eyes, similar to Cassian's.
✨don't look at my sin✨
The dimming sunlight made it difficult for Hector to recognise the similarities, but as he got a better chance to look at him, he noticed the features that were unmistakably shared by the two.

"Cass... that's for you." Hector turned to call for his boyfriend, taking Ophelia, he gave way for Cassian to see the visiting man.
Cassian was surprised to hear that someone was at the door for him, letting Hector take over with Ophelia and heading to the door. He was surprised to see his father, but tried not to show it. "Hey. What're you doing here?" Cassian asked. He and his father had never been extremely close, so to see him at the door was a pretty big shock.
✨don't look at my sin✨
Hector carried Ophelia to come stand beside Cassian. The old man fidgeted and didnt look too comfortable under the scrutiny of both young man.

"Son.... i, err,. Hmm, I ran into some trouble. I would need a place to stay for awhile." He said, not finishing his sentence. Looking around ,he saw Ophelia and forced a smile. "Oh, who's this?" He tried reaching out to touch the baby on her cheek, which ophelia dodged shyly.
"You can stay on the couch or on the blow-up mattress, I guess," Cassian mumbled, beginning to shift nervously as well. "She's Ophelia," he smiled softly, gently taking the baby back into his arms, kissing her cheek. "It's alright, princess. You can say hi," Cassian soothed, not exactly wanting to go into the fact that this was the man's granddaughter.
✨don't look at my sin✨
The little girl lookrd with wide eyes at the old man. She was clearly uncomfortablr with the stranger even though usually she was pretty good at meeting new people, especially while she was in the market. The innocrnt child instinctively didnt feel good about this newcomer, the uneasiness easily infecting Hector as well as he watched his "father-in-law" with great caution.

"And who is this young lad?" Finding himself unable to get a response from the baby, the old man turned to Hector.

"I am Hector.... Cassian's.." he looked at Cassian and decided to take the conservative way. "… friend."
Cassian rubbed Ophelia's back, feeling the tension in her little body, not wanting her to stress out and cry. He nodded when Hector looked at him, anxious about what his father would think about the little family he had. Cassian was happy with his life in the old farmhouse, and didn't want his father ridiculing him. "We just finished dinner, but I can whip up something if you want."
✨don't look at my sin✨
"Oh it'd be... very nice of you. i'm starving... i hadn't had a proper meal in days." the old man just hesitated for a second before taking the offer. He did look rather messy, seemingly having came in a rush.

"so... this lad's going to stay here as well?" he asked once coming inside, looking around. "i mean.. I wouldn't be occupying his space?" He asked. with how lived in Hector appeared, the old man started putting two and two together.
"No, you wouldn't be," Cassian replied, heading to the kitchen and settling Ophelia in her high chair, pressing a kiss to the side of her head. He began to make a small dinner for his father, not sure what to say to him. About his life, about Hector, even about Ophelia, and she was likely the easiest part to explain. "So, uh. What brought you here?"
✨don't look at my sin✨
Hector helped out with what Cassian was preparing. He had a hunch that this old man might not only wanted to rekindle his relationship with his son... and he had to guard over his family.

"Hmm. err, well, don't you have a nice farm here. I never knew it was as lovely before." the old man cleared his voice and was dodging the topic. "you must have a handsome income here... i see a lot of good stuff around." he commented, looking at the clean and cozy interior, he had spotted a few furnitures that looked like could cost some decent money - mostly baby-related ones.
"Yeah, well. People really like farm-grown stuff. We go to a lot of farmer's markets, Hector used to be a sailor, so he really likes the travel. And Ophelia likes the attention of being the unofficial mascot," Cassian smiled. He didn't really care if he was giving too much away, he adored his little family and the life they shared. Even if his father didn't have good intentions, Cassian was over the moon with his life.
✨don't look at my sin✨
"A sailor huh?" The old man eyed the young man - markedly on his physique and sort of shifted on his legs uneasily. "so how do you run the business? there must be a lot of cashflow isn't it?" he cleared his voice taking a seat on the isalnd in the kitchen. "cash aren't reliable.. if you want some real money, you gotta invest it. I do have a potentially money-making business that i'm part of. if you... "

He stopped when Hector's gaze on him grew more intense.
"I have a savings account that I invest in for Ophelia, and a savings account for emergencies," Cassian shrugged, setting the plate of food down in front of his father. "And, all things considered, with you being here, seemingly all out of money... I think I'll skip out on that business venture of yours," he replied, a distrustful look in his eye.
✨don't look at my sin✨
The old man frowned hearing the frank words of his son. "Cassian! I am your father. You should not talk to me like that." he said standing up. "I AM the one giving you your life. So stop this bullshit. If you don't want to invest, that's fine. But the least you could do is to support me. I don't know what's between you two...." the old man's eyes darted between Hector and Cassian. ".. But at least we share the same blood, while that lad over there wasn't related at all. u should trust me more than that fellas."

Hector was having a hard time keeping in his annoyance - not only had this old man came in, but he had indirectly insulted him right in front of himsefl! what was more infuriating.... it was true. He wasn't bonded officially in any way with Cassian. Lawfully speaking, he could only claim himself to be a business partner with Cassian.
Cassian froze up when his father began to shout, positioning himself in front of Ophelia, protecting her if his father decided to lash out. Upon hearing the insult, Cassian left the room, heading for the nursery. He opened the bottom drawer of the dresser, which was mostly empty, save for a little velvet box in the back of the drawer.

Cassian came back into the kitchen, taking Hector's hand and getting down on one knee. "I know this isn't exactly the right time, but... I love you, and you know that. And you're great with Ophelia, and she loves you to the ends of the Earth. I want to be with you for the rest of my life, however long it is. Will you marry me?" he asked, voice gentle and full of love, placing the little velvet box in Hector's hand.
✨don't look at my sin✨
(ha i didn't really intend to be hinting for this but well, yea that could work. in fact that worked brilliantly ;))

The sudden disappearance of Cassian had the 2 remaining man confused, but he returned just as quickly. Hector looked at the velvety little box and... his jaw dropped when Cassian suddenly knelt down in front of him. "W-what....." he gasped at the simple silver ring the box contained. It looked great.. simple but classy. At that very moment, almost all of his frustration dissipated.

"Oh yes. YES! God.. you actually beat me to that." Hector chuckled and pulled Cassian up. Holding the back of his head, he pressed a deep and loving kiss on the man he loved the most on earth,sealing that proposal.

The old man standing beside them was astonished - he pointed at the pair with a shaky finger. "Y-you.....you disgusting pair! i can't believe it... this is outrageous!"
The ring was simple, Cassian knew Hector wouldn't want anything too flashy. It was silver, with a small diamond in the center. Cassian smiled into the kiss, sighing contently as he closed his eyes.

Unfortunately, at the sound of shouting from his father. Mm, he had to pull away. "Do you need a place to stay or not? Because I'd be happy to kick you out. All you've done so far is ridicule me, my business, and my fiance! I wouldn't be surprised if you have a remark ready to find something wrong with your own granddaughter!"
✨don't look at my sin✨
"Wait... so this is ... your daughter?!" The old man gaped at the baby. "Y-you... don't tell me you're a... or is it him?!" He said pointing at Hector. Carrier males were still a recent discovery,and the old man, being almost always absent from his son's life, had no idea of knowing his anatomy.

"no, this can't be true..." a lot of nasty thoughts passed the old man's mind. Ultimately - he was aiming at money. This young lad that was there didn't look like someone that he could convince... now if they were married...

His evasive glance trailed off to the kitchen table. On the chopping board.... Wiht an agility rarely seen in someone of his age, he grabbed the knife. Hector was quick to react being a strong, young man. he grabbed the old man's wrist and yelled. "What are you trying to do!" he said and tried pinning him down, but a man in desperation had surprising strenght. Hector knew Ophelia was close and he was severely hindered trying to shield the little girl. the old man took it to his advantage. In their struggle, Hector forced the old man down, but at the price of enduring a deep cut on his forearm . The knife was quickly thrown away as he pressed the father down on the counter. "How DARE you hurt my family....."
Cassian gasped when his father took up the knife, dashing to Ophelia's high chair, picking her up and curling protectively around her. Feeling the tension, the little girl began to wail, tiny hands groping at Cassian's shirt. Cassian ran to the nursery, whispering comforts to his daughter, but didn't have the time to comfort her completely. He locked the nursery and hid the key before heading back to the kitchen, anger boiling in him at the sight of blood.

Cassian headed over to the struggling men, easily snatching the knife from his father's hand. He placed it over his father's throat, not intending to kill him or harm him, aiming to scare him. "Get out. Get out of my fucking house. I don't ever want to hear from you again, do you understand that? I don't care if you're on your deathbed, I don't want to be there," Cassian snarled, his gaze full of hatred as he stared down at his father.
✨don't look at my sin✨
Hector pressed down behind the man's neck seeing Cassian coming closer to them. He held him donw strongly , watching him closely as Cassian snatched his knife.

the old man dared not move feeling the knife against his neck. Even Hector was startled by this side of cassian. The farmboy always had that calm demeanor, surrounded by the serenity around, he was always the calmer one when their daughter was crying for no reasons. the old man was shocked, but soon enough he broke into tears sensing how final his son's words were.

'But no! Cassian.. i'm your father... just as you're your daughter's father..."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 89,907 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 19,159 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8
  C Trying to Save the City w/ bhdire8 lxcttrll 195 24,758 08-02-2019, 10:47 AM
  C The Priest & The Shepherd (w/Bhdire8) Lovebite 247 27,212 04-06-2019, 07:33 PM
  The Soldier and The Governor ((With bhdire8 and Lovebite)) Lovebite 551 83,924 04-01-2019, 09:48 AM
Shocked Sailor and a Selkie ((w/ bhdire8 and Lovebite)) Lovebite 394 65,225 11-27-2018, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Lovebite
  Apron hate. (w/Bhdire8) Lovebite 359 70,282 09-28-2018, 04:37 AM
  C A Common Arrangement [Closed with bhdire8] Sam260 131 10,857 09-17-2018, 05:42 AM
  'business' partners (Closed with bhdire8) secretsparrow 100 10,282 08-27-2018, 02:39 PM
  C Ransom (closed w/ bhdire8) Fervessence 7 1,268 06-21-2018, 03:48 AM